I.

The Geography of a Genius
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1:

 

    “I’m going to go talk to him.” I confidently declared.

“No Jee, you can’t.” Kyung Soon stated, arms crossed, leaning against a desk, and shaking her head.

“Why not?” I asked defiantly. “Is it because he’s new and foreign? Because newsflash Kyungie! I was too! I bet you ten won right now that, that boy is feeling lonely and out of place, he’s probably dying for a new friend, which I would be happy to apply for. Plus, when you came up to me when I first got here I thought you were some angel sent from the heavens above, saving me from my hidden misery. So, you know,” I shrugged. “I thought he would like a bit of help getting to know the school.”

“Yeah right,” Kyungie scoffed. “As if you needed help, because you felt like a total loser one you walked in here with your leather jacket full of confidence. The only reason why you were so lonely was because, Jesus Christ, Jee you were scary and totally unapproachable!”

“I was not that scary when I came here!” I defended myself. I argued, “Did I really look that scary? I won’t deny the confidence factor, but did I really look scary?”

Kyungie chuckled. “Yeah, you did! And also, it was you who came up to me instead of the other way around. You first asked me what the science teacher’s name was, and then you decided to be my friend. Not the other way around!” she exclaimed.

Ignoring Kyungie’s statements, I turn my attention onto the new boy. He’s tall, got nice eyes, and super messy hair. It’s kind of great actually, really long hair, with bangs past his eyebrows, but they’re swept away so you can, again, see his really nice eyes. It makes me wonder what his hair looks like in the morning. hair? Ugh, I wonder.

“Yah.” Kyungie nudges my shoulder. “Stop staring.”

“I was not staring.” I said, turning my face so we could see eye to eye.

“Oh my god.” Kyungie whispered scandalously. She took a step back and she slightly smiled, but I think it could have qualified as a smirk. She then shakes her head slightly, disbelievingly. “I’m so stupid. How could I have not noticed it before? I can’t believe I didn’t notice it before! You don’t want to say hi to him because he’s new and lonely, you want to say hi to him because you think he’s cute!”

Kyungie giggles at the end of her sentence, and I sigh exasperatedly.

“I do not!” I argue back.

Kyungie gives me this look. It’s so weird. I honestly haven't known her for long, but it’s this look where she tilts her chin down, raised one of her eyebrows (preferably the left), and gives this accusing look to whoever is talking to her. She usually uses it when she knows she’s right and when the other person is being dumb or lying. And now she’s using it on me, but I swear I’m not dumb and I’m not lying. Not really.

“Okay, okay.” I say, throwing my arms in the air exasperatingly. “I think he’s kind of cute.” I confess.

Kyungie immediately starts squealing. “Oh, I knew it!” She begins to jumps up and down in place and squeeze my arms. She’s all smiley and smug because she got me to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter