TOBae - Final Warning

Collection of Ficlets

Alright, next one! An AU, this time. Have fun reading!

Song: Final Warning - Skylar Grey
Pairing: Seunghyun x Youngbae - TOBae
Word count: 1382

Thanks to PirateGoatCalico for the song title!


“This is the final warning, Dong,” he says slowly, coolly, arms folded over his chest as he fixes his stare on me. I stand my ground, meeting his gaze levelly, and a smile slowly creeps onto his lips. “If that’s how you want to play.”

Our first meeting was almost six months ago. Some might say it was a chance meeting, however, I do not believe in such things. We’re on different sides of the law, so we were, in some way, meant to meet some day.

That day… It was a rainy day, cold. I caught sight of him in the crowd and I recognised the eyes of a wanted criminal and immediately set after him. He started running soon after, having caught on quickly, so I chased him down the street, in and out of the crowds of people and then, slowly, the people dispersed. He kept running, as did I, and every time he looked back and saw me still on his tail, he smiled.

No. He smirked. He had the guts to smirk at me.

I am good at what I do, though, and being able to keep my cool in desperate situations plays an important role in that. Additionally, I’m a good shot, am physically fit and am good at analytical thinking.

I didn’t let a smirk get on my nerves.

I caught him in a dead end and he turned around, hands in the air and smirk still on place. I had him at gunpoint and said, “Don’t move. You’re under arrest, Choi Seunghyun.”

“You’re wrong, Dong,” he replied and I raised a single brow. He knew who I was. “I will not be caught today.”

“It is of no use, Choi,” I told him, taking the safety off. He smiled anyway.

“You talk too much, Dong,” he said, mocked, and then, suddenly, there was a gun pressed against my temple. He wore a smug smirk as he approached me and gently wrestled the gun out of my hand, dismounting the ammunition and then throwing both objects away. I watched them slide over the cold, wet stone before turning my gaze back on him. It was two against one and I had no weapon, so I knew I had to act and talk with caution.

He only stopped once he was close enough for me to hear the sound of his soft breathing. He was taller than me by at least two handfuls of centimetres, as was the one behind me who was keeping me at gunpoint.

“So it seems,” I answered coolly, meeting his intense gaze – something that seemed to amuse him for reasons I did not fathom.

“Do better next time, hm?” he chuckled and then I was shoved to the ground and I heard them run away. Instantly I lunged for the gun, put the ammunition back on, turned around, took aim and fired. His accomplice, a tall man, seemingly well-built and with blond hair, stumbled a bit and Choi Seunghyun glanced back at me, brows raised.

Then they were gone from my sight.

I knew chasing them was futile. Once out of the alley, they’d be long gone.

I still tried, though. I ran but, as expected, they were nowhere to be seen. The droplets of blood on the road were slowly being washed away by the rain and, besides, the trails stopped at the alley’s end; Choi or his accomplice must have covered the wound or maybe it was merely a graze of the least fatal kind.

I then called the headquarters and reported to them about the incident.

One month later, I met him again.

This time I was on a café, shadowing someone suspected for robbery, and suddenly he flopped down in the seat opposite me.

“Act natural,” he coolly advised and I smiled, feeling the sharp end of a blade against my thigh. “Hands on the table where I can see them and we’ll be cool.”

“We meet again,” I said offhandedly and he chuckled.

“Indeed we do, Dongssi,” he replied, tilting his head. “I am afraid, however, that our meeting will be short. I am only here to make sure the criminal you’re keeping under watch gets away without your interference.”

“That much I figured.” I leaned back in the seat, sipping to the coffee I had ordered minutes earlier. “You are known to be connected to various criminals, so seeing you here isn’t a surprise.”

“I see,” he said. “You’ve done your research. Well done.”

“It is only what is expected,” I shrugged, eyes glancing sideways in the direction of the robber and immediately the metal against my thigh was pressed closer and I returned my gaze to Choi Seunghyun. “No need to resort to violence. I merely looked away.”

“You are only allowed to look at me,” Choi Seunghyun replied calmly. I raised a brow at him and he simply smiled. “I hope we meet again, Dongssi.”

“Next time you won’t get away.”

“Let’s wait and see, shan’t we?” He grinned, showing his white teeth. “I will take my leave now. It was nice chatting with you. Fair warning – don’t move before I’ve left or you’ll be shot. I’m not the only one here.”

“I understand,” I nodded and he had smirked and the blade was removed from my thigh.

Choi Seunghyun left and I sat still for a total of five minutes before moving quickly, calling the headquarters and informing them of the turn of events.

Three months later, I shot him.

Our third meeting, this time a crime he had committed. He was distracted momentarily and I didn’t hesitate for as much as a second. The bullet pierced his side and he turned wide eyes to me, hands instinctively covering the wound from where blood was already seeping steadily. His eyes narrowed and as I took aim once more, I said, “Last warning, Choi Seunghyun, or I will be forced to fire again.”

He still had the guts to smirk at me despite the bullet wound. “Next time, Dong Youngbaessi. If there’s a next time, you’ll lose.”

I frowned but kept him at gunpoint. “Enough talk now. Stand-“

I was interrupted by a dagger thrown my way and I fired as I threw myself to the side, out of danger’s way.

Choi Seunghyun had escaped again.

I knew, though, that the next time wouldn’t be like our previous meetings.

I know.

“You are outmatched and yet you still won’t give up?” He chuckles, shaking his head. “Alright, alright, Dong Youngbaessi. But we are playing by my rules.”

“I don’t have a weapon, that is true, but I’m not defeated yet,” I say firmly and he merely smiles.

“Right, of course not.”

He’s before me shortly and takes a blow by my fist to his jaw. It seems he expected this and used it to get close, however: He surges forward, seizing hold of my jaw and suddenly his lips are on mine and it takes me aback, my eyes widening and body freezing.

He takes advantage of my surprise and manages to pry my lips open with his tongue and it’s already too late to react to the something he forces into my mouth. He releases my lips then, instead covering them with a hand and throwing an arm around me, and there’s a glint in his eyes when I try to fight him.

He put something in my mouth. A capsule.

He’s poisoned me.

I resign, then, and he smiles.

“Will I wake again?” I ask quietly, already feeling the effects of whatever he gave me. I feel drowsy and so sag a bit in his hold. He’s steadying me with a hand on my lower back and one between my shoulder blades. My eyes are drooping.

“Yes,” he assures gently, holding me tightly. “And once you awaken, I’ll be there.”

“… Why?” I mutter, eyes closing on themselves.

“Because, once you wake up, you’ll be mine, Youngbae.”

I force my eyes open in order to look up at him and his brown orbs are the warmest I’ve ever seen them be.

“… Alright.” And then my knees give in. I’m the first to fall, but he’s there to catch me, because he was the first to give in.

And then…

Nothing.


Alright, first things first: It's a lot longer than the other three ficlets. Is it even a ficlet anymore? Haha. Ah well.

Second: This might be confusing. I hope it's not too bad. I had many thoughts and had to keep it short (and I didn't even do fairly well), so... Even though I've included some hints, they may not be visible to anyone but me because there are many things left untold (or very, very unclear) and I know more than you do. Mmmh. So. Yeah. If you wish, I can explain my thoughts, et cetera.

Anyway, I'm off now! All the best and hope you enjoyed reading this odd ficlet-ish! As usual, thanks for your comments, upvotes and subscriptions! It warms my heart and I love you all. Next ficlet will be up soon-ish, I hope.