His heart is beating for him

The Sleeping Prince
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

PS : before you read this chapter, you might want to re-read the last part of the previous chapter. I did some changes :)

---

"Donghae! Donghae! Please wake up!"

Hyukjae got up on his feet, grabbing both of Donghae's shoulders and dragged his limp body carefully to the bed. After managed to bring Donghae in the bed, Hyukjae covered the latter's body with blanket and touch his forehead. Hyukjae frowned.

His body temperature is fine, he's not catching a cold.

Hyukjae's frown went deeper. If Donghae was not catching any sickness, why did he fall unconscious so suddenly?

Out of instinct, Hyukjae stood up and left his room, went to the kitchen and took some water, put it in the glass, and he stopped by the livingroom to take the fairytale book.

Soon after he got back in his room, he pour the water he took bit by bit to Donghae's face, hoping that he would wake up from the shock. But it was useless. Donghae was still sleeping peacefully. Hyukjae put the glass down, opening the fairytale book in desperation, hoping that somewhere in the pages he will find a way to know what had happened to Donghae. But again, it was useless. Happily ever after was the only thing he read at the end of the book.

"! Why can't I find anything?!"

Hyukjae felt like a mess. His day at university already went bad, and now he has to face the fact that something bad just happened to Donghae. If he knew it would turned out like this, Hyukjae swore not to let Donghae away from his side ever again.

"Please wake up, what happened to you? You've promised me you'll be my guardian...", Hyukjae pleaded as he sat lifelessly beside Donghae who's sleeping in the bed, caressing the latter's brown locks emotionless.

Hyukjae doesn't know why he feels as if his world is spinning uncontrollably. He's not usually like this. He could always solved his problems with cold head. But now his brain cannot functioning well. He's panicking, didn't know what to do about it. No one he can talk to, thus leaving him alone, searching for any answer possible in his uncertainty.

"Donghae please wake up!", Hyukjae shook Donghae's body once again, his voice trembling.

Hyukjae cursed himself mentally. He's a ing archaeologist, a smart one at that, so why can't he think realistically?!

But then again, nothing is realistic since he met Donghae. Weird thing was, Hyukjae doesn't know why he always feels his heart clenching everytime something happened to Donghae. It's as if the two of them have some kind of connection. Something like invisible red string. It's as if he had ever felt a feeling like this before.

Hyukjae snapped out from his trance. It's not the time to think about that! Donghae is laying unconsciously beside him!

In his desperate state, Hyukjae decided to check on Donghae's breath, and he sighed in relief after making sure Donghae's breathing steadily.

Hours had been passed since Hyukjae found Donghae unconscious, and he felt his entire body aching and his mind got tired of thinking any ways to woke Donghae up. He even searched the internet, but none. Hyukjae heaved a sigh, placing his palm onto Donghae's chest.

"If I can make you open your eyes one more time...will you let your princess go and give your heart to me, your savior?", Hyukjae stared at the sleeping man sadly, realising he had just wished about something that would never come true.

 

~TheSleepingPrince~

 

Birds chirping happily from the trees, the sun shining brightly outside the chilly morning, some of its light managed to shine through the thin curtain covering the dimly lit room. Upon feeling the light of the sun gazed onto his face, Hyukjae turned his head sideway, snuggling closer to Donghae's arm and feeling the warmth of it.

But seconds later, his eyes snapped open when he felt movement beside his head.

" Hyukjae? Why are you sleeping in that position?"

Hyukjae's eyes widened, and he can't even believe his own eyes. Was it his eyes playing trick on him? Or was it his imagination doing?

"Hyukjae, are you alright?"

Still in daze, Hyukjae unconsciously sits straight and his mouth gaped widely open. If he was dreaming he surely wished he would never wake up.

"Hyukjae?"

However, the other voice that kept calling his name interupted him from his series of thoughts. Now this is surely strange. And shocking. But relieving at the same time.

"D-Donghae...?"

"Yes, Hyukjae?"

Hyukjae sure enough he had gone nuts. The unconscious Donghae from yesterday had just gave him the brightest smile he ever wished. Those thin lips which tightly closed yesterday, now is stretched upward.

"Hyukjae are you al-"

Donghae hadn't have time to finish his words. His voice caught in his throat. And Hyukjae was no better. His breaths uneven, his heartbeat beating rapidly in his chest, and his eyes widened by his own action. Never did he think that his body would reacted faster than his brain.

He hugged Donghae. Out of nowhere.

It should be a normal thing remembering things that had happened between them. But this time it felt different. This time not only Hyukjae, but Donghae too might be aware of his action. And don't forget the weird invisible tingling electricity that kept streaming through his entire body.

"I-I thought...you fell asleep again and would never wake up..."

 

~TheSleepingPrince~

 

"You thought the witch casted some spell on me again? But i thought you didn't belie-"

"I know! I know! You don't have to remind me of that alright?"

"But Hyukjae, did the witch really come here?"

Hyukjae sighed. Seriously, he felt slightly stupid for the action he had done earlier. And don't forget the fact that he almost cried a river yesterday, hoping Donghae would just opened his eyes. And now here they are, sitting on the couch with clueless Donghae, thankfully safe and sound. And of course the so called savior, Hyukjae.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter