01

CIA

Yah = hey, Hyung = older brother 

 

Young Han High School (Busan Korea)

"YAH~! LEE JUN HO~ You little piece of crap!" Here we go once again. Junho teasing me like usual and I am chasing after him around the hall. But this guy is so fast that I always fail to catch up with him. But today, something is different. I know I can get him. My hand is just a couple inches away from grabbing his uniform collar.

"You will never get me you woodong! It will take centuries to catch me~" Nuh uh uh you just did not say that. You are going to regret.

"GOTCHA~!" I grabbed his collar making him choke. "Cough Cough. Woo young ah~ I'm sorry~" Junho was startled because I have always failed to catch him. As he started to begg the bell rang and we quitely went inside our classrooms.

+

Today is my first day at highschool. I have been worrying the whole summer while Taecyeon was very excited about highschool. I see familiar faces as I walk down the hallway looking for my homeroom. Thank goodness it's not far from the cafeteria and the boys bathroom so it's easy to find it. 

"Nichkhun don't worry high school won't kill you!" as Taecyeon says this we enter our homeroom. I do see some familiar faces from middle school but most of them I haven't seen them at all. As I try to find my seat I can feel my heartbeat beating faster and faster. Then the brown headed girl with hazel eyes looked at me. 

"Hi. My name is Kristina Hund. What's your name?"

"My name is Nichkhun Horvejkhul." Kristina looks very confused.

"Sorry?"

"Just call me Khun. That's fine."

"Well okay, nice to meet you Khun."

+

"Yah Jang Wooyoung! Let's go play soccer!"

Rgh it's that time of the day. It's not like I don't like soccer. It's just that I don't feel like playing soccer today. (BTW Korean school has hour long lunch so the boys ususally go play soccer or basketball while girls stay inside.)

"Uhhh. I don't feel that good Junho. I think I ate too much lunch. Sorry man."

"Hmph. FINE." Then Junho runs outside to the field to play soccer with other boys.

I sit in my desk trying to sleep and I hear girls talking non-stop about Junho and how adorable, sporty and smart he is. As I listen to them I sigh to myself. Wondering if I was attractive as him. 

+

First week of highschool was bearable. It's only second week of school and there already is a football tryout. Taecyeon and I have been playing football  since 1st grade. We have been the best players for eight years. If I didn't get MVP, Taec would get it and if he didn't get it, I recieved it. But highschool football is a whole different story. Since college coaches come and watch to recruit, if you are not good, then you are out. I guess Taec is little afraid of that too. 
"Line up boys! Now, who here plays quarterback?" I slowly rasied my hand and look around to see around five people have raised their hands. 'SHOOT I said to myself. They look pretty darn solid.'

"Any wide recievers?" Then Taecyeon raises his hand. But there are more people than he said there would be. 

"WOW... 10 wide recievers?! That is a lot more than usual. As you know there is only two wide recivers. So I will have to cut eight of you guys. Taecyeon doesn't look happy with that. I can hear him cursing next to me.

+

"Yah. Did you study for your midterms?" He asks curiously.

"Uh huh. Unlike you, I have been studying my off for past two weeks."

"Oh. Good for you. I have been studying too. Let's see who does better on the test then."

"Fine. You will never beat me. 

As we enter our classroom, we can see that everyone is studying for the last minute. I sit down at my desk and open my notebook to study for the last minute. 15 minutes later our teacher comes in and the test has begun. I quickly and accurately answer all my questions and thought to myself. 'Junho. This Hyung won the game HAHAHA.'

+

It's a terrible weather to play last game of the season. If we run in this weather, there is a high possibility of slipping on the grass. But we haven't lose any single game throught the season and we are hoping that we are going to win despite the horrible weather. 

"GUYS I KNOW THE WEATHER IS BAD BUT I REALLY WANT YOU GUYS TO STAY FOCUSED! IT'S ALREADY A SECOND HALF OF THE GAME AND WE HAVEN'T SCORED ANY!"

We look down to our shoes as our coach yells at us. No one bothers to look at the score board becasue we are loosing by 20 points. 

"NICHKHUN! IF YOU CAN'T DO THIS I WANT YOU TO GET OFF THE FIELD RIGHT NOW! UNDERSTOOD?"

"Yes sir."

There's only 5 minutes  left of this game and we did caught up to 19 points. If anyone touches down one more time, the game is over. Everyone is crutching down for the whistle to start us off.

+

I start from the bottom right corner to search my name. 'Jang Wooyoung, Jang Wooyoung, Jang Wooyoung.' Then I heard Junho screaming.

"HOLY CRAP! I GOT 2ND PLACE!" (BTW in Korean schools after midterms or finals, the school posts their scores.)

'CRAP He won.' I stopped searching for my name until some said. 

"OMG who the heck is JANG WOOYOUNG?! He got first! So lucky!"

I looked over and found my name on the upper left hand corner. 'JANG WOOYOUNG.'

I started screaming and ran down the hallway, where I found Junho running too.

"I WIN~ LEE JUNHO~!! I GOT FIRST!"

We quickly packed out bags and headed off to ddukbboki store. 

+

I started to panick when everyone was blocked by people on the other team. 'Ok, since no one is free, I'm just gonna start running.' I weaved through five other players and I am only 5 yards away from the touchdown line. As I run to the touch down line, the defender from other team runs to me. As I throw my body to the touchdown line, he bumps into me knocking me out to the touchdown line. Then I heard something crack.

"AW!" I feel something sharp throughout my body. The referee blows the whistle and the game is over. 

"KHUN ARE YOU OKAY?!" I see Taecyeon running towards me. I see the scoreboard changing to 19 to 25. We won.