Bad man

A new Journey

 

Tats plan was not strategically complex because they had not many options to begin with. Now Keke and Dada were trying to make their way unnoticed to the guards that were making their patrols in teams of two around the building. They would take them out without any causalities, which meant they had to get really close to stun them while Shishi was now trying to make sure that Toto's program was running properly because it should be the one hacking into the system to open a door that hopefully would lead them inside without using the main gate. Shishi and Tats planned to secure Joko and make sure his way inside was free. The plan wasn't bad if they had another ten people with them or more but they were on their own and contacting someone they could trust and wait for backup would take way to long. They had to do it now or try to return home. That was the only other option left. Once they were in the hardest thing would be to get back out again so hopefully Dada and Keke were as good fighters as he thought they were. For someone without any experience on the field Dada had fought well. Maybe the robot indeed noticed something that he couldn't. It seemed that Dada had something between good intuition and good instinct. He rarely talked and followed Tats without even thinking so at first he had thought he would be totally lost in the field. But once the battle had started he had reacted immediately. It was if someone turned a switch and he behaved like a totally different person. Shishi had never seen anyone react like this before. Before Shishi could contemplate further about their chance of succeeding Tats gave the sign to get ready and everyone but their masks on. They would provide them with filtered air and help them fight longer. The expensive ones, he had noticed that Keke wore an exceptionally fancy model, worked almost without emitting any sound so they were even more silent than heavy human breathing. Shishi waited along with Tats and Joko for the others to send a light signal that the way was clear. The hot sun that seemed to be even stronger after the rain had faded burned his back and sweat was running down his forehead. He wondered how the sun was affecting the almost white skin of someone of the city like Tats. He could see that he was sweating even more but his eyes were focused and concentrated. He had seen before just how much Tats was able to endure. He was in no way as build or strong as Shishi but his mind always seemed to push his bodies beyond limits. Tats was way more calculating than Shishi thought he was. Shishi had to admit to himself that he had thought of Tats as a marionette of the government but he was wrong. Tats was just working on another tactic. Instead of going head on he wanted a coup d'état. Shishi concentrated on his surrounding again. He could focus on what would become after when they actually succeed with their plan. It was taking a bit too long already and he was getting nervous. With every second that passed the chance that they were found was getting higher. They were searching for them for that Shishi was sure but since Tats had always urged them to move faster and be beyond schedule and not to waste time they might not expect them this soon nor had troops searching for them further out what was the even more likely. Shishi found it strange that they hadn't tightened their security but maybe they already had. How should he know how tight it had been before their arrival? Finally the green light was flashing in their direction. It was coming from a totally different direction than expected but it didn't matter as long as it was there. Tats gave me the sign to move forward while lash sushi tried to have Joko as closely behind him as possible while Tats covered their backs. They made their way downhill weapons drawn and careful with ever step. The building was even taller when you stop directly in front of it. They were shining in metal reflecting the afternoon sun. Toto was standing next to an opened console trying to open the door for them. Two yards were lying in front of him unconscious. Shishi had hoped that Toto would have opened it by the time Dada and Keke took down the guards but it didn't work as planned.

"Time'" Tats symboled to him. It was one of the military symbols all soldiers had to learn in case they were wearing their masks. Shishi just shrugged his shoulders as an answer. He had programmed Toto with every hacking system he could get his hands on, must not very legally achieved, but he had no idea if they would work and for the case they would how long it would take. 

Again he could do nothing more than wait and keep his eyes open. Even though he had learned to keep his emotions under control and not to get nervous he couldn’t deny that he began to get anxious. It was all taking way longer then he had expected and with every second they missed chances were getting lower to get out their unnoticed. He heard the faint sound of footsteps coming and prepared himself for combat. He had to take whoever was coming out before he could warn someone. Tats was right by his side his body tensed and eyes focused. As soon as he saw someone approaching behind the corner of the building he stepped forward and tried to hit him but the man was fast in his reflexes and evaded the punch. He had to get down in order not to get kicked. He tried to get behind him. In the corner of his eyes he saw Tats fighting with another person. He tried to get hold of the man and put a hand behind his neck. He kept struggling and Shishi was having a hard time to keep in control. He was pushed to the wall and the other punched him in the stomach with quite some force. His breath was leaving him for a moment but he immediately moved himself to the right and evaded another punch. The moment the other was leaning all his weight forward for the punch that hit only air Shishi kicked the man in the knee pet and he had to get down a bit. In this moment Shishi had the overhand of him and could grad him more tightly. The man was having a hard time breathing and as the body was going limp in Shishi’s arms he let go. Just a bit longer and his unconsciousness would have lasted forever but Tats had made it clear that no one should be killed if it wasn’t uttermost necessary. Shishi then went to Tats but saw that he had everything under control already having knocked the other out by some hard punches. His hands were rad and his knuckles bleeding. In this moment he heard the clicking sound of an electrical lock being opened. Toto had made it and the door was finally opened. Tats was the first to enter and signed them to follow. Shishi grabbed one of the unconscious guards and pulled his closer to the building wall so he wouldn’t be that easy to be seen and made the same with the other. Then he followed inside and closed the door behind him. He noticed that Tats was moving uneasy. Shishi then remembered that he had already been injured and probably had been on the receiving end of some kicks and punches. They moved on through a hall with doors to their left and right. Lucky for them none of the doors had any window so as long as no one was using this corridor they weren’t seen. Now all they had to do was find a computer somewhere but which of the doors should they open to find on. It was a risk to just open every single door and see if one was in there and fight all the people that could be in it but it was risky to go even deeper into the building, too. It was on Tats to make a decision what to do next but just as he wanted to make a sign to go on he saw Joko grabbing Tats jacked and pointing at a door. For a moment Shishi was confused by Joko’s actions but then he remembered that Joko was no man of the military so he did not know how to behave in situations like this. Whatever made Joko think that they should go into this room Tats seemed to believe in him.

He symboled to Tats that he would let Toto get in first while he should open the door and stay behind the door with Joko. Tats nodded and did what he had told him. It seemed that they could actually work together if they had to. Tats opened the door and he and Toto went in weapons drawn only to find a single person in their getting the fright of his life. He was sitting behind a huge screen and put his hand up in the air as soon as he saw them. Joko and Tats moved into the room and closed the door behind them. It was a small room without any windows. He remembered that he had not seen any windows on the entire building. It had more the look of a fabric to be honest. The room had nothing in it then a table and some cupboards and lots and lots of electronic devises he had not the slightest idea what they could be used for.

“Don’t scream, don’t move and you’ll get out alive,” Tats said, his mask removed. The guy just nodded and starred at them as if he was frozen. He did not know how Joko had known that this was the door to open to find a single analyst in their but he did not care as long as everything worked as planned. Joko went towards it and worked on the electronic devices doing something of what Shishi had absolutely no knowledge of but he seemed to be quite good at what he did because the frightened guy began to stare at him in amazement.

“How long will it take?” Tats asked him and got some grumbling as an answered because Joko hadn’t even removed his mask and had no intention to do so. They all just stood there and listen to the sound of Joko’s fingers typing in rapid speed.

Joko stood up and all the electronic devices in the room shut themselves down. It was then he removed the mask.

“It will seem like a system malfunction that’s been caused by a computer on the other side of the building so hopefully they will all be rushing there,” he said as if it was the easiest thing to program.

“Good work,” Tats said and they made their way out. Shishi went to the frightened guy that was still sitting in his seat unmoved and looked at him apologetically before he knocked him unconscious.

They rushed back the same way they came inside. As Shishi could almost grab the door he heard footsteps behind them.

“Stop where you are!” he heard someone scream. He turned around and saw four men pointing their guns at them and he did the same.

“Lower your guns!” Tats ordered. They were wearing the uniform of Mato and Tats was a higher ranking officer so they had to listen to him. But they showed no intention to do as they were told confirming all their suspicion. Their eyes were cold. Shishi couldn’t see a hint of remorse in them and he knew they would shoot if they any of them made a move, maybe even if they didn’t but still Tats stood there his uniform dirty his body tired but steady and repeated his command. And it was in this moment that Shishi realized what all this was about more than telling the truth to the citizens of Mato. It was about Tats and what he should be. He was someone who was strong and determined but he was no soldier in the first place and he never would be, he was made for a different position and that was probably the reason why he had been sent hear in the first place. Why it was so utterly important to the governor to get rid of him, because he was the one who frightened her. Because he was the one who could change things for Mato so couldn’t let Tats make any mistake. He couldn’t let him shoot. Tats had to be the one with a clean slate when they were returning because they had to present them someone who could take the lead and Shishi knew that he wasn’t the one to do so and it wouldn’t matter if he got blood on his hands because he could be punished for it later and he would take all the punishment and blame. Shishi pulled the trigger and shot them. If someone had to be blamed as a bad man for this revolution than it was going to be him and him alone.