Chapter 2: Craze

Open Up

The next day, school started as usual. Students with Monday blues walked soullessly along the corridor towards their classrooms. I was unusually quiet today as I was recalling the moment I had with Kai the day before. Unlike others who hate Monday, in fact, I was looking forward to Monday, where I can see Kai again.

“Where are you here Eunmi? Quick leave before you regret…”

“Why are you here? And why are you with…”

He interrupted by placing his index finger on my lips.

“Just go.” He sounded as if he was really pleading me.

I turned and left with a blank state of mind.

Although we are from different class, we attend the same after class activity - Fencing. Truthfully speaking, I’d only met him less than 5 times during my trainings. He seems to be the kind of person that is too lazy to even move a finger.

“RING!”

Recess is finally here. I plopped down into my usual seat with my sandwich in my hand. While munching on it, I spotted Kai at the corner of my eye. He is looking at me, looking at me. ME! Feeling uncomfortable, I diverted my attention to my friends who are approaching the table with plates of food.

“Isn’t that Kai? Why is he looking at our table?” Sulli said while fixing her uniform and smile shyly at Kai.

Kai return her with a smirk and left to the stalls.

“OH MY GOD!” Sulli shrieked almost like a rat.

Once again, I followed his figure while he is ordering food.

I thought our fate ends here but I was absolutely wrong. Kai turned up for fencing training that day!

Since Sulli was absent, I was left all alone. Don’t fret, the coach assigned Kai as my temporary training partner since he did not have a partner as well.

We did all the basic stretching and warm-ups.

“Follow me.” He said with his back facing me walking towards the classroom building.

"What about the fencing training..."

In the end, I still followed him. I shoudn't as what awaits me is way beyond my expectation.

DANCE ROOM

He turned the knob and led me into the room. He the lights and air-con and plugged his phone into the speaker.

Pop music can soon be heard.

He grooved to the beat and start dancing.

His every move captivates my heart, mind and soul.

He is definitely not new to dancing from his krumping to locking.

The song regretfully came to an end.

He faced me while wiping his sweat with his shirt.

”Aren’t you curious about me?”