Chapter 5: Human

The Golden Cliff
Please log in to read the full chapter

When morning came once again, I saw your eyes open slowly. Your thin eyelashes casting dark shadows. Keeping eyes save from blinding sunrays. I bent down to you, looking at you closely for the first time.

 

Your plumb lips trembling slightly with every breath you took. Eyes still unfocused, searching for something to look at. Will they find me one day? I slowly reach to you, feathers touching dry skin. Moving over deep ripped canyons. How longer will it take for them to crumble?

 

Months? Weeks? No, I know it will only take days for you to fall apart. Sliding through my hands like wispy sand. And you won`t even see the beauty in it. Sleeping away your slow death. Can't you sty awake till that day comes? I want to see the light leaving your eyes.

 

But I know you can't, because you are only human. You are weak. Bleeding when I scratch you with my long claws. Slowly mixing with sweat and dust. In these days watching you rot away, I sometimes wished I could just crash and break you. My words swirling in your head, ripping your heart apart like sharp knifes.

 

And I can see it. I slowly can see it.

 

I can see your fragile heart beating in your chest, it's just behind those bony rips, trying t

Please log in to read the full chapter