Our Future

I Need You to Survive

The referees and two of Nichkhun’s teammates rushed over to calm the angry boy down, but Nichkhun continued to rant, “I know all about you Kim Taeyeon! Your dirty little secret as Jiwoong.”

Jessica saw the fear in Taeyeon’s eyes as Nichkhun spat out the truth that she though no one knew but her and Taecyeon.

Jiwoong knew the man was right but what proof did he have really, “Listen I don’t know what you are talking about but cool it. This could get our team disqualified.”

Nichkhun turned his attention to Jiwoong, “Who the f*$% are you talking to like you know me. You are a fraud.”

Jiwoong scoffed being called a fraud when he was the real deal, “I am Kim Jiwoong and there are many men here that can confirm that.”

The referee went over to talk to the main referee, “Do either of you have any proof that your statements are true?”

Jiwoong rolled his eyes and went to his bag to pull out his wallet, “Here is my ID and passport. I hope that is enough, if not ask Taji Preparatory Academy. I am close to the boys and their coach has seen me on multiple occasions.”

The referees looked at the ID closely before confirming that it is true, but Nichkhun wouldn’t have it, “I am telling you that he used to be a girl!”

Everyone in the gym gawked at Nichkhun like he was crazy, “I am sorry young man but you will have to leave. You are causing a disturbance.”

 

Taeyeon drew her nails into Jessica’s tender flesh with the way she held onto her in fear, “I can’t hear everything Jiwoong is saying.”

Jessica bore through the pain of nails in her palm, “I am sure he will take care of it.”

“W-what if Nichkhun sees me here in the stands?”

“Tae…you are thinking too much. All we can do is trust your brother right now.”

Although Jessica gave her soothing words, they did little to relieve the tension and the cold sweat running down her neck.

“Oh look Nichkhun is being taking out.”

Taeyeon leaned to the edge of her seat as Nichkhun was forced out of the gym, “D-does that mean I am safe?”

“I think that means Jiwoong is going to move on and win this tournament.”

Eyes still focused on the door that Nichkhun left through, Taeyeon thought the boy would barge back in and drag her from the bleachers, “M-maybe we should leave.”

“Shouldn’t we wait till things are over here?”

Taeyeon looked up at her girlfriend with pleading eyes, “Jiwoong is going to win. I just want to leave.”

Jessica sighed as she took her purse, “Ok. How about we go for a walk and come back later?”

“B-but Nichkhun is still going to be here.”

“I can check for you later if that makes you feel better?”

Taeyeon nodded eagerly causing Jessica to respond with a sad smile. Jessica could see all of Taeyeon’s fears come to life in one instance, all of which were the same fears she had. Being exposed. It could happen to her too. Was she safe? Were they both safe?

“Come on Tae.”

Taeyeon reached for Jessica’s hand and the two women walked down the bleachers to leave the gym.

Due to Taeyeon’s paranoia, Jessica was forced to look around each corner for Nichkhun. It was rather silly, especially since they were now several blocks away from the gym now, “Tae you are going to turn me blue with your death grip. We aren’t even close to the school.”

Taeyeon sighed in relief and relented her grip to something more soothing, “he even knew my name.”

Jessica rolled her eyes, “Jiwoong having an equally talented sister in badminton probably isn’t a secret. I admit that there are many Kims out there, but I doubt it is hard to find your family tree with the internet or school records being available to the public.”

Taeyeon nodded, “true…”

Feeling Taeyeon relax a bit more, Jessica suggested they sit down at the park, “it is a nice day and our school mates are locked up in a gym. How do you play in such a cage? I would go crazy. The sun and breeze are the best parts of playing soccer.”

Taeyeon leaned into her girlfriend and closed her eyes, “wind would blow the shuttle away.”

Jessica laughed at her simple answer, “it would make it more fun. You have like one of the few sports that doesn’t get to play outside.”

“Maybe that is why I am the whitest athlete out there.”

Jessica was glad that Taeyeon was cracking out the jokes because she could of sworn Taeyeon was ready to lose her over what happened nearly half an hour ago, “I love your milky white skin…well it is the beauty standard for Korea.”

Taeyeon hummed in the comfort of her girlfriend’s arms, “This is nice. Parks always remind me when I didn’t have the pressures to be the best…I could just be.”

Looking around at the swings swaying in the wind, Jessica nodded, “we used to try and kick our soccer balls on the tallest post. I don’t think there was ever a day I wasn’t competitive. Wanting to the best was the only that mattered.”

“And Yoochun.”

Jessica laughed hysterically causing Taeyeon to lift her head up, “that was the reason I am here isn’t it?”

“Chasing after a boy.”

“Not just any boy but my idol. If you knew anything about soccer, you would have known that Yoochun and I could have made the next Messi.”

Taeyeon glared at Jessica, “you still want him don’t you?”

Slapping Taeyeon’s shoulder, Jessica continued to laugh, “only in adoration. I love you now and forever.”

Leaning to Jessica’s kiss, Taeyeon mumbled, “you better.”

 

After a few hours of sharing stories and reminiscing, the sun started to set, “Tae…we need to go back.”

Taeyeon sighed because, although she was dreading to go back to the school, she knew it was necessary, “ok.”

Interlacing their hands, the girls walked back to the school. As they got closer, they saw a stream of observers leaving and they knew that the first day of the tournament must have ended recently.

Walking opposite of the crowd, Jessica and Taeyeon made their way back into the gym where they immediately spotted Jiwoong with a very shiny medal around his neck, “Looks like gold to me.”

The two girls remained in the back as they saw Taeyeon’s teammates conversing with Jiwoong, probably congratulating him on the win. With that hat, maybe they still didn’t notice that it wasn’t Taeyeon.

“So Nichkhun was right.” Taeyeon jumped when a very familiar masculine voice approached them from behind, “but two girls?”

Jessica looked at the boy in shock as Taeyeon remained scared still, “M-Minho…I ah…am…it isn’t what you think.”

Minho looked at the girls closely, “why didn’t I see it before?” Leaning in more, Minho stopped just short of Taeyeon’s face before giving her an incredibly cute pout, “how could you not trust your partner?”

Taeyeon cocked her head confused, “w-what?”

Minho continued to pout and crossed his arms, “We were close! I wouldn’t mind it if you were a girl or boy. Well now that I know you are a girl…hot damn you are amazing!”

Seeing her sweet partner Minho acting childish like he always is, Taeyeon loosed up and punched the man in the arm, “more like upset that nearly the whole team can’t beat a girl?”

Minho laughed, “I admit that you are probably better than any boy in our school except…who is that?”

Taeyeon looked in the direction that Minho pointing, “Oh that is Jiwoong…the real Jiwoong. My brother.”

Minho looked back and forth between the two Kims, “You look practically identical…except you are most definitely shorter.” That statement earned another smack on the boy’s shoulder, “So you were pretending to be him? Why?”

Taeyeon sighed, “long story, but Jiwoong is going to finish up all the tournaments before he leaves Shinhwa.”

“What?! You…him…are leaving? Why?”

Taeyeon gave a soft chuckle, “Jiwoong is in America and I have to get back to my school. I have to be a girl again.”

“I still don’t understand why you acted as him.”

“It really was just him bailing at the last minute and I covered for him…I was an idiot, but I must say that training with you guys was really great.”

Minho nodded sadly, “I get it, but what about you?” Minho turned his attention to the other girl, “You have a brother too?”

Jessica darted around nervously, “Uh no…other reasons.”

“Did  you both come together? I mean you are roommates.”

Both Taeyeon and Jessica shook their heads, “No. We met after.”

“Wow…two girls in our school and all the boys were too dense to notice.”

“Basically.”

“Wow we are just a bunch of idiots who must only think of sports.”

“Basically.”

Minho once again glared at Taeyeon for her bluntness, “you don’t need to rub it in.”

Taeyeon laughed and swung her arm around the boy’s shoulder, “Oh loosen up. You have a huge game tomorrow with my brother. I expect you two to win.”

Just then Jiwoong came to join the group, a bit skeptical at first, but seeing his sister be playful with her old teammate, must mean that Minho is ok with the situation, “am I missing out on something here?”

Taeyeon smiled when she saw her brother and released her hold on Minho, “Nope, but congrats on your win!”

“So does that mean you will talk to mom?”

“Don’t forget you have the Junior Olympics still and then I will talk to her.”

Jiwoong groaned, “Come on you know what will happen there. You saw me right?”

Taeyeon nodded, “Yes and a deal is still a deal. You got your ticket to the Junior Olympic tryouts and that is one step closer to me talking to mom.”

“You won’t be there though, how will you know I won?”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, “The paper you dummy.”

Minho looked between the two siblings, “aren’t you both going to the tryouts?”

“Taeyeon here was accepted for the Women’s Junior Olympic tryouts. Same day, different building.”

Minho’s eyes widened, “So you are like monster siblings at badminton…both are going to try out for our Olympic teams.”

Jessica smiled happily because there was no other way for her to picture the Kim siblings’ future.  It was just her future with Kim Taeyeon that she didn’t know about yet. They were either going to follow their dreams together or separately. No matter what the outcome, it would be their last semester at Shinwha together.

 

 

 

 

~5 years later~

 

The girl patted her fingers on her duffle bag as she rode into the large facility. Of course she was nervous since this was something she had been dreaming about for years but she was still in amazement when she looked up at the sign that said, “Korea Olympic Village.” She was really here...as an Olympic athlete.

Once the car stopped, the girl got out and looked around a bit for the registration area which wasn’t hard to find as other athletes gathered around to find out their rooming assignments. Due to the massive amount of athletes, she assumed they would be separated according to sport. Although she was sure that she already met her potential teammates at the Olympic trials, she still wasn’t sure who would be on her team yet.

With her key and room assignment, the girl walked through the village in amazement. Both men and women looked fit to be their nation’s heroes and here she was just a scrawny little badminton player.

“Building C...must be it.”

Taking out her key, she found her room but it was empty so she picked out her bed and started to get settled. Hanging up her uniform, the girl’s hands ghosted over the Korean flag, “Finally...”

Her concertation was broken as she heard the door knob jiggle to open. As the door open, the girl looked up in anticipation to who could be her new roommate but as she looked over at the face, she couldn’t help but have her heart drop and sore at the same time, “Sica...”

The girl looked over at the smaller girl who was frozen next to her uniform, “Hey there Tae...”

Taeyeon smiled instinctively before going over and hugging the girl, “I thought you were in America...”

Jessica held the smaller girl tightly, “How could I stay there when we have an Olympics to prepare for?”

Sporting a huge grin, Taeyeon looked up at the girl in the eyes, “So we are roommates again?”

Jessica let go of Taeyeon, “well not really since sports don’t mix...but I am your neighbor. I saw your name on the sheet and thought I would surprise you.”

Taeyeon figured that would be the case, “I really love this surprise.”

Jessica cupped the girl’s face, “I really missed you.”

Taeyeon leaned in with the girl so they could brush their lips together, “I know...three months apart feels like years to me too.”

 

It turns out that after all these years, Taeyeon and Jessica kept their relationship alive despite the distance. Choosing not to stay at Shinwha, Jessica went back to America to continue her studies and was accepted into a club team near Jiwoong’s university. Although Jiwoong made it onto the Junior Olympic team, he went back to America with his mother’s permission.

With Jiwoong in America, Taeyeon was forced to stay closer to her mother, but thanks to Taeyeon’s efforts and acceptance onto the female Junior Olympic team, their spring practices happened to be at Jiwoong’s university.

Jessica and Taeyeon would spend their leisure time with one another during the spring while Taeyeon was in America training. Occasionally, Jessica’s club team would travel abroad and Jessica wouldn’t waste any opportunity to visit Taeyeon during those times. Although most of their time together was apart, the two lovebirds made it work.

 

Jessica smiled as she held her fiancé close and kissed her with all the passion she saved up for this moment, “Doesn’t matter as long as I get to have you in my arms now.”

Taeyeon giggled, “And now we can train together again...like the old days.”

Jessica leaned back to look at her fiancé, “Except we have long hair now...and don’t have to go around hiding.”

Taeyeon slipped her fingers into her fiancé’s tresses, “Hummm you are hot with the longer hair.”

“And you are still cute my Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon smiled as she captured Jessica’s lips once more, “Let’s go out there and show the world what we have been hiding for so long.”

Jessica grinned, “Of course.”

With their hands interlaced, the two girls went off to live their dreams as Korean Olympians. A dream that now was a reality for both of them.

 

 

~END~

 

 


Author's Note

I know I dragged this story on for 2 years but I am happy to have it end. Thank you for supporting me and encouraging me to finish this story up. I hope all of you continue to support my other stories ^^