Introductions

I Need You to Survive

Jessica looked at the front gate of her new school with a smile plastered on her face. She quickly cleared and mentally prepared herself for what she was getting herself into on the other side of that gate. As soon as she walked through, she almost got hit with a football but with her amazing reflexes she dodged it like a pro. She could only shake her head with the fact that boys were so careless.

Everything was new and considered a new curiosity to her because she had never been surrounded by so many boys in her life. She didn’t even have a brother, just her father to model her behavior after. She looked at her papers to see that she was in Dorm 4 room 233. Jessica walked into the dorm building and almost shielded her eyes from the amount of shirtless men walking around but she knew she had to keep her cool and act as if this was something she saw on a day to day basis. However, all the glistening abs from the very attractive and fit boys were making her stare more than look away at the moment.

“Hey new kid!” Jessica turned around to see a very tall boy running towards her.

“You are new right? The transfer student?”

Jessica tried to make her voice lower before answering, “Yes?”

“Ah I am glad to have found you. I am the dorm leader Ricky Kim. I heard you came from the states just like me! Not many foreigners here so I hope we can be good friends.”

Jessica went to shake his firm hands, “Ah yea…”

“Umm if you need anything, I am on the first floor room 102.”

“Thanks…” Jessica was taken aback how hot the guys here were but she was at the sports-focused school Shinhwa National High School. Handsome and fit men would be expected at an elite school like this.

Jessica trudged her suitcase up to the second floor and found her room. She looked around to the empty room, “I guess my roommate isn’t here…” She looked at the door which had the names of the occupants, “Kim? What a common last name.” Jessica closed the door and looked around, “since I am here first, I get to pick my bed!” After claiming a bed and desk she started unpacking her things but was more confused on where to hide some personal items…more like items that would give away that she was a girl in an all-male school.

It didn’t take long for Jessica to unpack so she went around to look at the names of her neighbors. “Park Park Park…he has such a common last name…I wonder which one of these rooms are his…” Jessica wasn’t looking and ran into someone. She quickly bowed and apologized but when she looked up it was like seeing her worst nightmare staring her in the face.

The boy in front of her just ruffled her hair, “You don’t need to be so polite…say are you new here?”

Jessica was beyond nervous staring at the boy of her dreams in front of her, “Ye…yes…”

“Oh nice to meet you! My name is Park Yoochun. I play for the soccer team here and you?”

“Soccer also…”

The boy looked at Jessica curiously, “hum most guys on the team are tall…you must be fast if you made it and are this short. I can’t wait to see you on the field.” With that, the boy left while Jessica’s eyes watched him go into his room.

*Room 241* Jessica made a mental note and walked back to her room hastily. After laying back onto her bed, “Ah I am going to love it here! He is in my dorm!!!” She rolled around in her bed while clutching her pillow in excitement.

 

-------------

 

“Jiwoong what the h*ll!”

“Ah sis please don’t yell on the phone.”

“How can I not yell when you disappear for several days and then call me that you are in America?!”

“I know I should have told you earlier but please understand…you know my dream…”

“I don’t give a about your dream. You can’t just leave Korea like that. What about school? You got into Shinhwa for badminton on a scholarship. You are going to throw away your education for some stupid dream?!”

“Not that long…just a semester. Maybe you could cover for me?”

“What do you mean cover for you. Do I look like a male to you?”

“But you are just as good at badminton as me. You could totally take my place.”

The girl sighed at her idiot brother’s idea, “What about my school?”

“Aren’t you on that work-study thing this semester?”

“Yes but I get school credit for working. I can’t just not go to work.”

“You got into that work-study thing cause your smart. I am sure you can think of something. Oh I have to go! I trust you will take care of things for me over there sis. Love ya!”

The line went dead but the girl kept trying to scream at her brother. The girl went to lay back down on her bed since she got a massive headache after her call with her brother. How could she cover for him? It made no sense. She thought for a while and decided to call her best-friend for advice.

“TaeTae! What’s up?”

“Hey Tiffany…Jiwoong ran away.”

“What?! Where did he go?”

“America apparently.”

“Why would he do that? He was supposed to go to Shinhwa with all the other hot guys and I was supposed to go with you and visit with him so I can meet one of those hunks.”

Taeyeon sighed at her boy-crazy friend, “Exactly…He told me to cover for him but I don’t know what to do. He had a stupid idea of me going there instead of him but I have that work-study thing.”

“Yea but are working for my dad’s company. I could totally cover for you.”

“Wait…are you going along with this crazy idea of his?”

“How else can I get in if I don’t have a friend?”

“Yah! Tiffany you can’t use me for your benefit!”

 

------------------

 

Jessica looked at the clock wondering where her new roommate was. It was almost time for the gates of the school to lock, “I thought all the new students had to come today…” Jessica shrugged the thought off and just turned off her lights to sleep. She had practice in the morning so she wanted to have a nice rest before the real torture starts.
 

An hour later the door creaked open. The intruder entered quietly when the person saw the other occupant in the room sleeping. Not even bothering to get ready for bed, the person that just entered the room shut the door quietly and went to the bed to sleep quickly.

 

-----------------

 

Jessica woke up with the sound of her alarm but her eyes stared at the suitcase that was in her room, “That wasn’t there when I went to bed...” She got out of her bed and examined the suitcase, “Humm what boy puts these weird peas on it?” Jessica just shrugged it off and quickly got ready to go to practice.

 

After eating a quick breakfast Jessica made it to the soccer practice field. She was a bit nervous when she saw all the boys that were standing around talking to each other. However, her nervousness was quickly replaced with anger when one of the guys shoved her almost making her fall down, “Hey!” Jessica looked at the guy with lasers in her eyes, but her face softened when she saw the boy smiling enthusiastically. “You must be one of the new kids! My name is Taecyeon the team captain!”

Jessica quickly bowed, “Oh nice to meet you!”

The boy started laughing again, “We are the same age. Don’t be so formal!”

Another boy came up and patted Taecyeon on the shoulder, “Don’t mind him. He did that to me the first time we met too. By the way, I didn’t catch your name earlier?”

Jessica was now blushing because she was facing her idol, Yoochun again, “Jess...Jesse? Jesse Jung.”

Taecyeon looked at her seriously, “Jung you say? Humm you must be that transfer right?”

“Ah yes.”

“Awesome! Me and Park here are also from the states! I hope we can get along well!”

Their gossip time was cut short when they saw their coach approaching, “Come on gather around!” All the guys surrounded their coach, “I am glad to say that we have some new faces for the start of the new season. First things first, I am Coach Eric Mun and over here Taecyeon is your team captain. Anyway, I hope you guys conditioned like crazy over break because that is all we will do the first week. “

Jessica sighed when she heard that practice will just be running but life was great when she was with Yoochun finally.

 

---------------

 

Taeyeon sighed when she was able to take a shower and sneak out of the room before her roommate woke up. She was already nervous that Tiffany and her brother pushed her into this all boy’s school and she was skipping work but knowing her roommate was a boy made her on edge with every second of her day. Luckily her roommate was a heavy sleeper and didn’t hear her come in last night or even leave this morning. However, now she had to face a new set of challenges, the boys badminton team.

Taeyeon made her way to the gym and saw she was one of the first to arrive. She looked around and saw a few boys talking to each other so she went to the bleachers and sat by herself. Not long after, another boy to join her. He didn’t say anything but sat there smiling at her. “Do I have something on my face?”
He gave her a bigger smile, “Jiwoong?”

“N...” Taeyeon almost forgot that she was posing as her brother here, “ah yes? You know me?” Her heart was beating erratically to if the boy actually knew her brother and saw past her façade.

“Nope.”

“Then how do you know my name?”

“Because I know everyone that is new.”

“And you are?”

“Top player slash manager slash assistant coach, but you can call me Nichkhun.”

Taeyeon noticed that the boy was still smiling at her, “Ummm why do you keep looking at me like that?”

“Like what?”


“Just smiling...”

“I can’t smile now?”

“Umm no but...” She was cut off by several boys running in with their coach.

“Hey guys! New year new fun! Ah Jiwoong?” Taeyeon looked surprised that everyone noticed she was new. “You must be Jiwoong. I am your new coach Andy! But just call me Andy. I don’t like those formal things.”

Taeyeon was a bit happy that this team seemed to be fun loving. Maybe her time here in Shinhwa wouldn’t be that bad.

 


Author's Note

I hope I didn't make you wait too long for the first chapter. Nothing super exciting yet but you finally met most of the characters that will reappearing in the story with this chapter. Hold in there and more fun to come since Jessica and Taeyeon haven't officially met yet!

Also thanks forevergorJESS9norev9, and LLynSONE for the upvotes even though my story didn't start yet! I love you my loyal fans!