The beginning

It took one look

C H A P T E R  T H R E E : T H E  B E G I N N I N G

 

large.png


 

 

Months had passed and I find myself falling for him. As much as I wanted to deny it, I just can’t. I know exactly what I am feeling now. At first, I thought it was just a pinch of admiration but as the day pass by, my feelings get deeper. I always find myself thinking of the boy. Honestly, I don’t like it. I was supposed to be studying and not wondering. I was supposed to be in the library reading books but why am I standing here in front of the music room? I looked down. Why am I even here? Why things confusing me all of a sudden? Why I fell in love? Why now? To all people, why to him? I turned around. I need to get out of this place. I need to take one step away from him. I need to stop myself. I promise myself, I don’t need boys. I don’t need them.

“Excuse me?”

I was frozen as I heard his gentle voice. I remained unmoved, afraid of seeing his angelic face. Why does my heart hammering inside my chest? Why does it have to automatically beat faster whenever I see his face, hearing his voice and even just hearing his name? I don’t know how exactly I fell for him, I just did. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I shivered at the sudden contact and I almost melt as I see him staring at me.

“Oh, it’s you. Why are you here?”

I can’t speak a word. I was speechless and to mesmerized. Why am I being like this?

“I always see you in front of the music room in the past few days. Perhaps, do you want to join the club? But why are you not—“

“I don’t want to join the club…”

“I wanted to see you.”

My eyes widened as those words came out of my mouth. I didn’t intend to let it out but why mouth is a complete traitor today? His big-doe-eyes widened, if that’s even possible. I blushed then turn around before rushing away. I slapped my both cheek telling myself “why did you do that?” How can I face him now? I rushed down the stairs then enter an empty classroom. I closed the door behind me and then sit on the chair near the door.

“Why are you so stupid Minyoung?”

I exclaimed as I cupped my face. Why did I say it out loud? I am so stupid. I stayed inside the room for a while before walking back to my room building.

***

My mind was filled of thoughts about Kyungsoo. How can I face him if ever we see each other in the university? I grew really frustrated as I think of him. This is why I hate boys. This is why I don’t want to get attach to them until I graduate because they were invading someone’s mind. I have seen how my friends gone crazy because of their boyfriends and suitors, so I decided to not get interested with boys. I don’t want to find myself thinking crazily about boys just like my friends but now I am exactly like that. Thinking about the boy who stole my heart and mind. I am not supposed to be like this. I am not supposed to be thinking of him, but why?

“Minyoung?”

I turned around to see worried eyes. I saw her sighed before I speak up,

“What is it Yuki?”

“You’ve been so lost these past few days. Tell me what happen.”

I buried my face on the desk then took a deep breath. Should I tell her? What if she makes fun of me? She was aware of my no-boys-until-graduate promise and if I tell her the whole situation she will definitely going to tease me, or maybe that’s what I think.

“So?”

“I…”

She looked at me telling me to go on but I’m hesitating.

“I’m on my period.”

I answered awkwardly. I can’t tell it, I’m afraid.

“Seriously?”

I just nodded then looked away. Stupid Minyoung.

“I do not believe you, but if you’re ready to let it out I’m just here.”

She said smiling as she went to her seat. I shrugged then buried my face on the desk once again. After half an hour a student announced that our professor was absent, so they all went out including Yuki. I don’t want to move, so I remained inside the classroom. Everything was fine until,

“There you are!”

I pretend to be asleep as I didn’t move. I can’t face him now, I am not yet ready. I tried my very best to keep my cool and pretend to be all asleep. I felt a presence besides me and I know it was his. I didn’t move, or else I was doomed. Maybe I should get an Oscar for my acting, I think he buys it. I felt a hand touch my cheek that was exposed. I shivered at the sudden touch and I move a little telling him that he stirs me. He tucked the strands of my hair that covered my face behind my ear. Now, I am getting nervous. What if he finds out that I am not really asleep?

“Minyoung-ah.”

He calls out as he shook my shoulder trying to wake me up while I remained unmoved,

“Do you know that it was bad to sleep inside the classroom?”

He blurted and then I heard him chuckled before saying something low that sounds like “cute”. He shook me a little rougher this time and I decided to open my eyes. Pretending that I was still sleepy, I yawned and then rubbed my eyes as I straightened up.

“What are you doing here?”

I ask as I looked at him but I immediately looked away as I avoid his intense stares. I swallowed before speaking up,

“About the last time… please forget the thing I have said.”

I mumbled lowly but enough for him to hear. The atmosphere seemed so awkward after I say those words.

“What if I don’t want to?”

He started and I turned my gaze to him.

“Look, I don’t want to be awkward with you—“

“I like you too. Let’s start dating.”

He stated before giving out a heart-shaped smile.


tumblr_static_large__46_.png