.friends.

Our Happy Ending Together : Book 2

    Well, Do Kyungsoo had contacted Jung Krystal recently on chapter one. But, he had not gotten a reply yet on his voice mail. He tried to keep calm for a few days but it was about a week right now. She had completely forgotten about him. He was a hyung of Kim Jongin but they were about the same age and attending as batchmates in the university. He did not have the looks, but many girls found him to be pretty cute and funny. Also, he had a good sense of humor and easy to communicate with.
    One morning, he was in a hurry on one of his major subjects that he had bumped into someone.
    “Oh!” Kyungsoo panicked. He had dropped his books and toppled over the stack of books of the girl he bumped into.
    “No...I was also in a hurry...”
    He recognized that voice. It was Jung Krystal. She was carrying a lot of books and was busy picking it up that she did not look up on him.
    “Hey...it's you.” Kyungsoo's heart throbbed. He did not expect to have such a good day.
    “Oh, you're Kai's friend. Kyungsoo, right?” Krystal dusted off her skirt. She was wearing a pretty simple shirt tucked into her black skirt. She looked awesome in Kyungsoo's eyes. Well, everytime to him, really?
    “I...I tried to contact you.” Kyungsoo handed over one of Krystal's books.
    “Really? Sorry but I'm not really checking on my phone for about a week since I have so many in my mind today like exercises, tests, and projects. I'm so sorry...” Krystal felt guilty. “Uhmm...I'm in a hurry. Let's just meet during uhm...3:30 pm. Let's hang out, kay?” Krystal bid farewell.
    “OMG, did she just ask for a date with me?” Kyungsoo got a bit flustered. “Gosh, I'm late.” He hurried off to the Auditorium immediately.
    
    “D.O-hyung...” Kai waved at him coolly.
    Kai, really does attract attention. All the girls are head-over-heels to him. Why doesn't he have a girlfriend?Kyungsoo thought to himself.
    “Oh, hey, do you know Jung Krystal?”
    “Huh?” Kai tried to sit upright. “Oh...we're friends.”
    “Really? Well, can you come with me? I'm kinda nervous about it. But, Krystal practically ask me on a date....” Kyungsoo said dreamily.
    “I'd just get in your way...” Kai was not sure that was it. He just wanted to go away and be swallowed by the ground. He closed the book he was reading.
    “Please...” Kyungsoo was really insistent.
    “Fine..but, let's take it easily, kay? Where will you meet?” Kai felt curious.
    “Mnm...I'll contact her. Good thing, it's self-study class, haha.” He commented. He reached for his phone and tried to call Krystal. “Mnmm...she's not picking up.” Kyungsoo frowned. “I'll try to call her a bit more...”But, she was not still picking up.
    “Uhmm...I'll try.” Kai tried to contact her. And, it connected. “Krystal?”
    “Kai?” Krystal just finished writing a draft. “I'm so sorry...I just finished writing a draft. I checked my phone and Kyungsoo-oppa contacted. Are you with him?”
    “Did..did she?” Kyungsoo whispered on Kai. “Oh...I'm so nervous.”
    “Mnm...He's with me. “ Kai agreed.
    “Then, can you ask him to meet me on the nearby cafe on the East Gate. I'm really sorry...I hang up on him for a few times.” Krystal felt bad about it.
    “You can talk to him....” Kai offered but Krystal hang up. “Sorry, Kyungsoo-hyung. It disconnected. Maybe, she's not a bit interested in you...”
    “No way...” Kyungsoo face-palmed. “Okay...I'm going to do my best!”
    “Yeah?” Kai reached for the back of his neck. No way, he doesn't like her, right?

    Kyungsoo continued to fuss over Krystal when they hang out together after their classes. Kai sipped his chocolate drink after a nice reading of some printouts. He looked over the two of them and thought how much they were mismatched. I'm not jealous. Hyung's my close friend ever since the orientation. He said to himself, becoming stiff as he thought.
    “Ehhh?? You like girl groups, too?” Krystal looked thrilled. “Well, there is this concert I've been wanting to go to....wait, up...” Krystal rummaged her bag for some tickets.
    “Wait...Krystal don't you think it's a bit fast?” Kai tried to stop her. But, she was not listening.
    “No...it is not fast. I can come with you...” Kyungsoo felt happy. He was going to have the time of his life with the girl he liked. He wanted to work hard for her.
    “Here...it's VIP tickets. My mom's company is you know, sponsoring them. Kai, here's one for you, too. I can give Jinri as well....” Krystal beamed.
    For, Kyungsoo, it was the smile of an angel.    
    “Hyung...you don't have to force yourself. You know, Krystal's just a bit pushy...” Kai glared at Krystal. But, she did not pay attention.
    “Well, it is my treat.” She smiled again as Kyungsoo flinced. His heart was being taken away.
    “For goodness' sake...” Kai looked through the ticket on his hand. “But, I don't have to come, right? Sulli, as well...she's got a lot on her plate...right now.” Kai also heard of the situation. He felt that it was not necessary to be dragged by Krystal's childish whims. “You haven't changed after all.”
    “I'm just trying to cheer up.”
    “Yeah..yeah” Kyungsoo held her hand.
    Krystal panicked. “Oppa...don't be like this.” Krystal tried to let go of his hand. “I'm not really dating anybody but I just broke up with my boyfriend. Recently, I find it a bit unnecessary to involve love as one of my major problems.”
    Of course, it was like that. Ever since her talk with Sehun, Krystal was so busy. She wanted to occupy herself and let Sehun be gone from her thoughts. It was not working, he admitted. He saw the dark circles on Krystal's eyes. Her face was also blotched and a bit red. She must have cried at night.
    “I'm going to work hard.” Kyungsoo reaffirmed.
    “I like your attitude, Kyungsoo-oppa.” Krystal high-fived him.

    Kyungsoo and Kai walked Krystal until they saw the car arriving to pick her up. She waved farewell as Kyungsoo saw the distant car and Krystal.
    “Kai...you told me that she's just a high school friend, right? But, I think there is something more. I find that the way look at her is the best face you have when you're so happy. There is also a sense of familiarity.” Kyungsoo kicked a can lying on the pavement.
    “We're just friends,...” Kai thought even further. “But, I've hurt her before. We used to date and now, her heart was wrecked. I gave her so many heartaches, misery, and sadness. I was a jerk.” Kai looked down on his shoes.
    “Why? I mean, she's like the perfect girl. She's rich, kind, attentive and she smiles like a sweet angel. Why did you have to let her go?” Kyungsoo glared at Kai.
    “Hyung, you don't know anything about the past. But, it's true. That is why I am paying the price for my stupidity. I don't know if she could ever like me again.” Kai heaved a deep sigh.
    “Of course, she wouldn't. She's going to fall for me.” Kyungsoo felt an urge of preparedness and courage. No one's going to be in his way. Not even after he knew of Kai's love for Krystal.
    “Then, we're rivals now.” Kai looked upon the sky. “Oh, here goes a cab.” Kai boarded the cab.

    Kyungsoo looked at the VIP ticket in his hand. I suppose I'm a rebound? He said to himself. “But, I'm not going to let you hurt her again, Kim Jongin.” He pocketed the ticket.

 

I find my new fanfic to be pretty bubbly and cute. :))

I hope it is for you. Book 1 is really angsty.

But, here as well, the angst is resurfacing.

I'm trying to have a really really cute and sweet next chapter.

--->NEXT CHAPTER TITLE<---

Confrontation.