.awkward.

Our Happy Ending Together : Book 2

Luck was on Krystal's side. She propped on the sofa, drinking tea whilst arranging some stuff on her bag. She the television and saw a pretty girlie show that featured today's love horoscope. Well, Krystal was not totally on it. She just never really cared about the position of the stars and its relation to people's actions. But, she was a bit curious. She intently looked at her horoscope and found out that she had the “best” luck this day. She fist-bumped in the air.

She felt that it was pretty embarrassing, seeing the flustered looks on one of their maids face.

“Ma'am, the car is ready...” The maid carried her bag for her.

“Thank you...” She smiled softly. “Uhm...sorry. It is so not like me.”

The maid giggled right after. “I'm sorry, my lady. But, it is too unusual of you to believe on that TV show. Well, they do say that the first time you listen to it, your love horoscope would be pretty accurate.” She coughed. “I'm so sorry for chatting--”

“Really?” Krystal stopped on her tracks. “I....I....”

“Ma'am, why is your face so red?”

 

She just arrived early on the university, trying to think of today's horoscope. Maybe, she could gather up strength to talk to him. She tried to hang out in the library. She got a text from Sulli that she was arriving shortly. They promised to meet up in the library.

“Hmn, there's nothing here.” Krystal was examining one of the library's section of business-related books. “Hmn, I'm outta- Oh!” She bumped herself on one of the shelf. She felt the cold tiled floor and sat upright. She looked up on the person who bumped into her.

“Oh, sorry...you all right?” The boy had playful eyes and a small stature. He helped her to get up.

“I'm not really looking as well...” She dusted her pants.

“Hey, Do Kyungsoo....” Someone peeked through the two of them. It was Kai. Krystal noticed that he somehow looked at her but averted his gaze somewhere else. “Let's go.”

“Hey, wait up....uhmn, can I have your number?” Kyungsoo showed his phone, getting it from the pocket on his pants.

“Oh...why?” Krystal reluctantly pulled her phone on her bag. “Here...I'm typing it.” Krystal snatched Kyungsoo's phone.

“I'm going to make it up on you. “ Kyungsoo playfully smiled. He scratched the back of his neck.

“Let's go.” Right after Krystal handed over the phone, Kai pulled Kyungsoo away from Krystal.

“Hey, buddy, why the rush?” Before Kai could ever answer, they were out of Krystal's sight.

 

“What's up with him??” Krystal looked at the ground. She must have been pushing himself over the cliff, by being with her. She knew that but, she wanted them to start of as friends again. At least, that was the only thing that could get them to be closer.

“Hey...Krystal!” Sulli was beaming at her.

“Why are you so happy?” Krystal waved at her.

“I got a call from Taemin-oppa. Apparently, he's doing well there.”

Krystal felt a bit of loneliness on her friend's eyes. But, she didn't want to interfere. She knew that it would take Sulli and Taemin to overcome this. But, if Sulli really needed her, she just had to tell her and she'd be willing to help.

“I'm happy for ya!” Krystal slapped the small of Sulli's back.

“Hey, have you seen Kai?”

“Nope.” Krystal lied. She didn't want to discuss about it further to her. Sometimes, she needed herself to solve her problems. Problems become problems because they were unbearable. If it wasn't, maybe the resolution was to bear it more.

 

Kai was dragging Kyungsoo as they were exiting the library.

“Let's find someplace else to do some research on our project.” Kai felt hot. It was so early in the morning but he just saw her face. He wasn't even able to say 'hi' due to nervousness. But, he still needed to keep a distance. It was for Krystal's sake after all.

“Hey, she's pretty, you know.”

“Who?”

“Well....” He didn't notice Kyungsoo's interest to Krystal. “She kind of intrigues me.” He clenched his phone tightly. “At least, I got her number.” He smiled weakly.

“Hey, don't ever contact her. Makes her uncomfortable. Maybe, she didn't want to be bothered. She just feels guilty that she bumped into you. And, you knocked over her...”

“Why are you so chatty?” Kyungsoo glared at Kai. “And, why does it feel that you know her? She looked at you...like she's so happy to see you.”

“Just your imagination, hyung.”

 

Kai reluctantly went to 'A' Building. “I still have a GE class. Hmn...” Kai didn't really like to think about his encounter with Krystal but it seemed to occupy his mind. He couldn't focus and totally lost his sense of direction. “Damn, I'm lost...” He face-palmed. He wanted to ask for directions but there was no one around.

“Oh! I'm gonna be late!” There was this girl who passed over her. “Wait, Auditorium 215...at the end of this hallway...” She was talking to herself.

Oh, it's the same room. Maybe, we're classmates. Kai hurriedly chased after her. Well, I just needed to follow her.

“Here...” The girl huffed and puffed.

“Okay...” Kai had spoken so suddenly that the girl turned around. He pushed the door gently for her.

“Hello?” The girl politely bowed to her. “I'm Eun Ji.” She smiled at him.

“Okay, let's go.” He gently nudged her.

“Are we late?” Jung Eun Ji looked around. The professor was not there yet. She was on luck's side. Well, thank goodness she listened to that TV Show. She had “great luck” for today.

“Thank you...for leading me here.” Kai bowed.

“What?”

“Well...since this isn't my department, I'm kind of lost. But, thank goodness you came.” Kai smiled softly.

“Really?” Eun Ji pushed back her eye glasses. He looked like a prince to me. “What's your name?”

“I'm Kim Jong In.” Kai felt shy all of a sudden.

“Well... Mr Kim Jong In, can we be friends?” Eun Ji touched the strap of her bag and looked at the ground. She really did say it, didn't she?

“Of course. You saved me.” Kai found two seats unoccupied in the leftmost third row of the Auditorium. “Let's sit there.”

Eun Ji nodded. And, for this entire semester, she was going to sit with this guy.

 

 

 

“Hey, Eun Ji....” Krystal and Sulli found one of their acquaintances that they met in the Freshman Orientation. Both Krystal and Sulli sat down alongside her.

“Hi, both of you!” Eun Ji smiled sweetly.

“Did something good happen?” Krystal felt curious all of a sudden.

“Nope...nothing...” Eun Ji waved sheepishly.

“Hey, what is it?” Sulli found herself being a bit nosy. “Huh? Oh, it's Kai!”

“Sheesh.” Eun Ji made them to quiet down. “Well, he's fast asleep.”

“No way...Yah!” Sulli nudged at Kai.

Kai was having the time of his life trying to sleep. He stirred right after. “Oh! Sulli!” Kai looked around and found out that Krystal was also there. “You're really not following me, huh?”

“No way...we're classmates.” Sulli patted him on his back.

“Why are you two so familiar with each other...” Eun Ji felt nervous.

“Well...we came from the same high school. And, we've known each other personally since we're childhood friends. His ex-girlfriend is my cousin. And this here, Krystal is Kai's ex-”

“Sulli!” Krystal felt irritated. She wanted to be swallowed by the ground. “I...I could speak to her as well.”

“I'm sorry, Krystal.”

Krystal looked at Kai who seemed to be avoiding her. He was dazed, trying to focus on the screen in front of them.

The professor came shortly. He was just smiling and laughing with Eun Ji. She felt a throbbing pain in her chest. She needed to focus as well.

Whatever that fortune said about her luck, it was also her bad luck for the day. She had the best bad luck this day.

 

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo was left alone in the main building of the Engineering Department. He wanted to wait for Kai so they could discuss about their project. It seemed like his lucky day. He's going to make a move with this girl. Even if their a little bit close in their heights, she still looked like an angel to him. He blushed all of a sudden.

He tried to contact her but it was transferred to voice mail.

“Auh, hello. This is pretty awkward but can I treat you lunch or snack tomorrow? We could meet up on 11-12 noon or 3-4 pm. That's my only free time. I'm really sorry, Ms. Jung Krystal.”

He ended it.

Hmn, but is there something that has been going on between her and Kai? Or was it just my imagination? Somehow, I don't want Kai to interfere. I'm interested in this girl.

I'm going for her.

 

“Hello...Taemin-oppa...” Sulli was on her way home right now. She just got off from a bus and wanted to leave Taemin a short voice mail.

“Uhm...I hope you eat well. And, please do contact me.” She was trying to call him these past few days but she couldn't. She just shortly received a mail saying that, “I won't be able to contact you for a while.” Taemin's voice sound so distant and restricted. It seemed like he was on a hurry.

How long is for a while? Sulli asked to herself as she embraced the cold night wind passing by her direction. She clenched her phone tightly and tried to push back the tears coming. But, she couldn't. She was worried sick but she couldn't talk about it to Krystal. It seemed like Krystal was also hiding something from her. But, she understood. Sometimes, you didn't want precious people to worry for you. It might had been good for both of them.

“Oh! Sulli!” Suddenly, she saw the figure of a young man coming to her direction. It was Oh Sehun, he just got back from a shopping mall near Sulli's home.

“Sehunnie....” Sulli felt glad that Sehun was there. She didn't know. Maybe, she just wanted some company. And, Sehun seemed to be giving her some good vibes.

“Did you cry?”

“Nope.”

Sehun suddenly held her wrist. “Did...did Krystal ever mention me to you?”

It was pretty awkward for him to tell it. But, maybe he was really dying to know.

“I'm sorry but, we're pretty busy. Krystal's too sensitive when it come to issues about you and her. I'm so sorry...” Sulli's forehead creased.

“No, I must've been pretty bad as a boyfriend, don't you think? Well, those two years were no development at all. We're just going around circles.”

“No..no...I don't think so. “ Sulli leaned on the glass window on a convenience store. “I think you're really great. You made Krystal think of the future. I never thought she wanted to go deep into their business venture. You influenced her and I was really happy. We're both glad Krystal got you but...” Sulli stopped mid-sentence. She suddenly remembered Taemin and her's conversation about Sehun and Krystal. But, most importantly, Sehun probably knew that Krystal had been aiming for Kai after all these years.

“I know that she didn't really love me as much as I do.” Sehun opened a can of diet coke and handed it to Sulli. Sulli noticed Sehun's hands shaking.

“I'm sorry. I want both of you to be together, too.” Sulli looked upon her sneakers.

“It's always Kai after all. He's been on her mind for two years. I am kind of relieved that the burden got off my shoulders already. I've been swallowing my pride, you know...” Sehun took a sip of his Pepsi.

“I personally didn't like it when she broke up with you. But, maybe it's for you as well to set you free.” Sulli looked intently on Sehun. “She'll never be able to like you...Sehun, not the way you like her at the very least.”

“I know that already....but I don't want her hurt. I want her to have shoulders to lean on.”

“You seemed to have matured.” Sulli bit back a laugh.

“What about you, Sulli?” Sehun was able to see the misery in her eyes.

“It is pretty okay, so far. I just received his voice mail. It's fine for now. We've drifted apart for quite a bit. But, I wouldn't be able to forget him being by my side. We've spent each day being together. I missed him so much....AI'M SOWWEE (I'm sorry)...” Sulli started crying.

“It's alright....” Sehun saw the starting droplets of rain. “As a guy, let me take you home. My best girl friend.” Sehun held Sulli's hands, out of sympathy and friendship. It was the sincerest thing he had done for a while now. How long was that for a while then? It doesn't matter.

“Thank you, Sehun...” Sulli acted childishly but she was happy she bumped into Sehun. She wanted Sehun to find happiness for himself. It was the best for this kind-hearted young man who was so unfortunate with love. He must have not found his destiny again. I believe that when your past relationships didn't work, there would be a person in the near future, someone right there who would be able to make it work. It would be destiny's hands.

Fate quietly moves the hands of the clock, the bends of people's wills, and the movements of their hearts.

 

--->NEXT CHAPTER TITLE<---

one.kind.man