.one.kind-hearted.man

Our Happy Ending Together : Book 2

    Krystal was called out today. She didn't want to go but she was always irritated by the countless amount of suitors she had now. It was pretty bothersome. They were always running into them accidentally or maybe, it was intentionally. They would bombard her with questions and she felt so irritated. She couldn't even go near Kai ever.
    She didn't know who it was but the lemon scent of the stationary of this particular love letter made her so nostalgic. She didn't know where she got that feeling that she would be meeting someone so familiar. She held the love letter carefully. She didn't want to hurt this person's feelings yet she do not have a clue to who he was.
    They planned to meet at the West Gate of 'K' University. He described himself as the person wearing a blue muffler and messy hair. What the? She thought to herself. She went on this road laid with fragrant apple trees. She looked sheepishly around but she never found someone who was suspicious of being this guy. She was already on the West Gate, but she was still not able to find him. Suddenly, out of nowhere, she heard her name. It was as if she refreshed her memories, clinging on to the happy past with him, but she already let go of his hand.
    “Oh Sehun...” She turned around and found him. It was her first time in a couple of months to see each other. He was still the same. She secretly admired his straight and determined look. Also, she liked his smiles. But, he was not smiling right now. His eyes were also calculating her every movements. She hated how they parted. She was a bad woman after all.
    “Krystal...” Sehun faked a smile. He held Krystal's hand. “Your hand is so warm as ever.” Sehun instantly let go of her hand after saying it. He felt pained on the inside. But, he needed to do something. If coming here proved something, he could finally set himself free.
    “What is it??” Krystal's eyes were watery. She remembered his warm and big hand again. It got bigger, though. Krystal felt how happiness bloomed into her and she was able to contain herself up until today.
    “Just checking up on the girl who broke up with me on our graduation.” Sehun bit back a laugh. He didn't want to push Krystal but he missed her so much.
    “Sehun....” It was all Krystal could muster. Saying his name, she felt so guilty. She had thought it through. What happened on that graduation day was something she planned. This was because she knew that Kai was coming back. She heard it from her sister and Han Geun Young. For all she knew, she was betting on it. Geun Young even pushed Kai to attend 'K' University without even knowing that she was also there. She made a fool out of Sehun but also of herself.
    She hadn't matured after all. She felt sick of herself. She was a very greedy and despicable person. All she thought of was her happiness.
    “So, you received that letter...Actually, I made it in our first year in high school. I just didn't give it to you. Sorry for the lemon scent, it was just my cologne--”
    “I know it is your cologne.” Krystal gazed upon Sehun's face. “Sehun-ah...do you still have feelings for me?” Krystal creased her forehead. She was confused. But, she didn't want this to happen. She didn't want to deceive Sehun again.
    

    “Don't be conceited.” Sehun frowned.
    Krystal felt hurt. Maybe, she was not used to Sehun hating her. “Okay?”
    “I just came here to give that to you. And, to visit Sulli as well. She wasn't feeling well.” He scratched the back of his neck.
    “I didn't notice.”Krystal pushed a lock of her hair behind her ear. “Of course, it was because of Taemin-oppa...”
    “Please take care of my best friend.” Sehun let go of Krystal's hand.
    “You really didn't come here for me, huh?” Krystal suddenly found her sneakers. “I can tell...”
    “Krystal, we're finished.”
    She didn't know why those words hurt like daggers to her. “I'm gonna find a new love. I want to .”Sehun couldn't bare to look at Krystal's face. “In fact, I wanted to have my revenge.”
    Sehun, from the bottom of his heart, just wanted to know if Krystal had some feelings of romantic love for him. Just a little bit...but maybe not. Krystal could take care of herself now. All he needed to do was to cut the thin string that connect both of them.
    It's over.
    “Goodbye, Krystal...” Sehun turned around.

    Krystal looked upon Sehun's profile. He grew a few inches since first year high school. But, why did she feel so hurt? She chose Kai over Sehun. It was all she wanted.
    “Sehun-ah!” She shouted at the top of her lungs. “I....I also love you.” She was now crying right now. “I care for you and I really have some feelings for you.”
    Sehun stopped on his tracks. He was listening.
    “But...but a love that was wrong from the very start couldn't be right. I just found myself being with you a sin. Because...I don't deserve your love. Sehun...can we still be friends?”
    “No! No we cannot...” Krystal found out that Sehun was also crying.
    She had hurt someone she learned to love. But, it was all over now. Those romantic feelings that she harbored for him was already fading. Even before she knew it, it would turn into nothing if Sehun was not by her side.
    “Find...find someone who could love you more than you love her!” Krystal's face was mixed with guilt and anxiety. “Sehun, I liked you...”
    “Krystal, I also loved you....but now, both of us know that you love him more than me. I couldn't forget that you tried to keep in touch with him. Krystal, I'd be rooting for you. And, don't keep it a secret from him that you knew he'd come back.” Sehun's eyes were filled with sadness.
    Really? Is this the same Sehun I had gone out with for the past two years. He was not this mature and kind-hearted. He was a bit childish but energetic.
    I am so dumb. Because I am always looking at my distant love, I am not able to see how he has grown so much. If only I have realized this sooner, I may have want to fall for him even more. Thank you, Oh Sehun. You gave me so many precious things, and now, I need to grow up as well.
    
    
    Meanwhile, Kai sat down on a bench on the apple tree-lined street near the West Gate. He felt so exhausted as he flexed his muscles, feeling sore all over the place. He was relieved that they had excellent marks in the project. Good enough.
    He did not notice that a figure of a young girl was passing by until he heard her crying. It was Krystal. He did not know it was her, she became more beautiful as time passed by. He did not want to see her again so he tried to hide behind his book. But, he could not help but to approach her.
    “Hey...” He handed her his handkerchief. Krystal probably did not notice that it was him since she took it with a kind smile.
    “Thank you...” Krystal gently blew her nose. She had red and puffy pair of eyes that sparkled due to tears. Kai felt his heart throbbing nonstop. He tried to look away but he wanted to know the reason. “Kai...Sehun came. We properly ended it.” Krystal hugged him.
    Kai got startled, but he squeezed her back. “It's alright. I'm really sorry...” He did not know what it bothered him so much. It would never be over if he would still act this way. But, if the person you love cried helplessly, he did not want himself to act like it was nothing. “...for the two of you. But, you can cry on my shoulder. I'll be here.”
    “Mnm...” Krystal and Kai just stood there. Krystal was still crying but she stopped momentarily, and tried to look up. “It's you...Kim Jong In. I thought you'd still avoid me.”
    Krystal cupped his cheeks. Kai felt hot all of a sudden.
    “Please just stop crying...” Kai tried to wipe her tears away. “Cheer up, please...”
    “Don't be like this.” Krystal clenched her chest. “I'd be getting the wrong idea....”
    “Then, just get the idea...” Kai touched her forehead and lightly flicked it. “I'm sorry for avoiding you...” Kai tried to look at her face.
    “I don't really understand you. Don't you know that I knew that you were after all going to 'K' University and that you'd be here with us. I would finally reunite with you but I felt so guilty and bad for doing that to him...” Krystal said.
    “I know...but it doesn't matter to me. Right now, I need you to cheer up. Please...let's go to the cafeteria.”
    Kai dragged Krystal while holding her hand. Krystal just followed him. Why was it that she felt so happy that Kai was there? She didn't want him to see her like this. She was such a crybaby.
    “I'll never make you feel sad again, Krystal.” Kai murmured.
    “Hmn?” Apparently, Kai's words were not as loud as Krystal's beating heart. Krystal didn't hear it clearly.
    “Nevermind.” Kai blushed all of a sudden. If it was going this way, I'd just have to make sure that she falls for me again.

next-chapter.

friends.