Memories 01

Caerulean
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was always the center of attraction. He was always the reason behind everyone’s laugh. He was always the reason of everyone’s fun moments. He was always the reason why people enjoyed being in school and I was always jealous of him – I didn’t like him because for me, he was so close to being perfect.

 

“Hello, Juhyun! Do you want to come and eat with us?” He said as he pulled out one of the chairs under the table.

 

I was six and he was seven that time – I was surprised. Surprised because it was the first time he mentioned my name. Surprised because I never thought he knows me.

 

But then I rejected his offer because I hated him.

 

I could still remember the day when his grandma took a picture of us both. I just turned seven and he was eight. I was asked to dress up in hanbok and wear a crown for a play and I was so shy because it was my first time being part of that school play – it was a dream come true for me, being the center of everyone else’s attention, it was a dream for me that had finally came true.

 

“You did great!” He said and I smiled in return. It was the first time he complimented me and it was the first time I smiled at him.

 

“Kids! Smile!” and the click of the camera was heard.

 

I could still remember the time when we officially became friends. I was thirteen and he was fourteen. At first, I thought it wasn’t possible for me to have friends. I shut everyone out back then until he introduced me to a different world where friends do exist. 

 

“You should meet my friends.”

 

“B-but—“

 


“No but’s! It has been how many years, Juhyun and I’ve never seen you going out of the classroom with someone accompanying you, laughing with you, having fun with you. You need friends, you know.”

 

“Shut up, Lu Han. I don’t need friends.”

 

“Says who?”

 

“Me.”

 

“You’ve never tried having one. You never considered me as one of your friends either. So from now on, I’m your first friend. And as your friend, I should introduce you to my friends too! No buts! No ifs!"

 

And that’s when I met two of his closest friends in school, Minseok and Sehun. And so much more. I felt really great and all thanks to him.

 

I could still remember the day he asked me to prom. I was sixteen and he was seventeen. I was really nervous because most of my so-called friends finally have their own dates and I, on the other hand, have none. I even started asking myself if I’m really that unattractive – or am I really that boring; but—

 

“Where have you been?”

 

“Why are you here?”

 

“I asked you first.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter