The beginning

Master's angel

"Here's your coffee sir. Have a nice day, and please visit again". 

 

The man took his coffee while muttering a small "thank you" and then headed straight for the door. It was 8:30 PM and the man was probably heading for another night shift at the office.  

 

Xiumin sighed and took a look at his phone, realizing that his shift was over for today. Shutting down the machines and checking that everything was in order, he then went to the back-room to change out of his uniform. In the room his long-time best friend, Kyungsoo (or D.O for short), was sitting on the small couch busying himself with his phone. Hearing Xiumin enter, he looked up and gave a small but tired smile. 

 

"Last customer?" 

 

"Last customer" Xiumin confirmed. 

 

"I've been texting with the others while you were working and we were thinking about going out tonight. Apparently, they wanted to check out a new club which has opened near Chanyeols and Baekhyuns' place. Do you want to come?" 

 

Xiumin gave out a grunt as he pulled his shirt over his head, revealing a toned, but somehow still soft, stomach. 

 

"You know I'm not really into clubbing D.O. It really isn't my thing. All the people, alcohol and drunk bastards... It all makes me uncomfortable". 

 

"Come on Xiumin-hyung, it'll be fun. Hang out with us just this once. Suho's going to bring Chen as well".  

 

"Chen? Who's Chen?" 

 

D.O looked at Xiumin with questioning eyes, a disbelieving look on his face. 

 

"He hasn't told you, or have you just avoided answering your phone? Chen is Suho's boyfriend. Apparently he's a fox-hybrid. He adopted him about a month ago, meaning to keep him as a pet and friend. But they fell in love with one another and now... well, they're a couple". 

 

Xiumin just gave a nod at that. Hybrids, humans crossed with different kinds of animals, were quite common these days. They had first been discovered at a lab in Japan 6 years ago, locked up in different tubes and cages. Most of the hybrids were teenagers, children or infants and there were no signs of the people who must have given birth to them. All they could find were the animals which they must have taken the DNA from. The children in the lab all had their own file in which their personal development information was stored into the finest detail. There was no doubt that this had been a huge project.  

They also found contracts between the project-founder and thousands of women, who for a large sum of money had been willing to carry the hybrid-child.  

 

How many children whom had died before they got the experiment right is still uncertain, but according to the difference in number of personal-files found in the lab and the number of hybrids, the number is bound to be pretty high. 

 

After the first lab was found, they found another one, and then another. In the end, a total of 23 labs were found most of the in Japan and Thailand.  

After about one years of testing the hybrids and their behavior, researchers came to the conclusion that since the hybrids had been raised by humans and hadn't been trained to act aggressively, they were no threat to normal people.  

 

And that's how the "hybrid-business" began taking it's form. People saw their chance to make business out of the hybrids, and they became very popular. People of all ages adopted hybrids as their children, pets or personal servants. Anything was alright, since there still was no law stating that you couldn't do certain things to them.  

Since hybrids were over 80% human, they also behaved like it and that's why having a hybrid boyfriend like Suho obviously wasn't very uncommon. 

 

 

"So... Are you coming with us or what?" 

 

Xiumin rolled his eyes in annoyance, but he couldn't resist the puppy-look that D.O was sporting at the moment. 

 

"Fine. I'll come. But I won't stay long. Unlike some people, I still have work tomorrow". 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Later that night, Chanyeol picked him up and wouldn't stop chatting about how much he wanted to visit the new place. From what D.O had told Xiumin earlier, the place had become popular extremely fast and he was actually a bit curious himself to why that was. 

 

Once everybody had arrived at the club, they all headed inside (not without the traditional ID-check to confirm that Xiumin wasn't a 15 year-old trying to sneak into a club, but only a 24-year old with a baby-face). 

 

They took a seat at one of the neon-pink booths and waited for someone to come and take their order for the drinks. Only a couple of seconds later, a young man appeared in front of their table, his tail picking up a notepad from his pocket. 

 

Hold on. A tail?  

 

"What can I get you sirs?".  

 

Once everybody stopped staring at the hybrid-boy's tail and obvious cat-ears, they began giving him their orders. 

 

"We´ll have five beers, three  on the beach and two vodka and orange, please". 

 

Of course Chanyeol had already memorized the others' preferences in alcohol.  

 

The hybrid-boy quickly scribbled down their orders before bowing and leaving to get their drinks. Once he had left, the boys took a minute to look around themselves. The place was a nice mix of dark and bright colors, neons matching with black and silver. There were lights decorating the entire place, and in the middle was a black, shiny stage with a pole in the middle. 

It was the pole that quickly caught Xiumin's attention. 

 

"Chanyeol!" 

 

"What is it hyung?" 

 

"You didn't tell me that this place was a strip-club! Why would you want to g to a strip-club, especially when you have a boyfriend?" 

 

"I-I didn't know that this was a strip-club. I'm not here for that reason anyway". 

 

Xiumin just sighed at his misfortune, and a couple of seconds later the hybrid-boy was back with their drinks. Taking a sip from his beer, he wondered why he was even here. 

 

They chatted and drank for a while, until the lights around the stage suddenly went our and people began to cheer and whistle.  

 

"Looks like the show is about to start". Suho stated. 

 

The others nodded in return, and even though none of them really wanted to watch, they did anyway. A silhouette of a petite body climbed up on the stage and that's when the lights came on again and music began to play louder than before. 

 

On the stage, clad in only a pair of low-cut shorts, stood a blonde, petite-looking boy. His black ears flickered on his head, and the black tail behind him swayed from side to side. As the music began playing, he began to do his thing, dancing and grinding himself against the pole. The people watching began to cheer louder and cat-call, screaming for him to do more. 

 

Moments later a big, buff man entered the stage, grabbing the boy by his tail and yanking him backwards. He then began toughing the boy all over, and in the end he even undressed him of his only article of clothing.  Soon, the innocent had turned into live . 

 

While the rest of the customers were clearly enjoying the brutal show, shouting at the man to do the poor boy harder, Xiumin and the others clearly didn't.  

D.O was close to tears at the sight, his boyfriend Kai holding him in such a tight grip that it looked like it would leave a bruise. Chanyeol and Baekhyun couldn't tear their eyes from the sight, eyes filled with concern and worry for the boy. Suho was desperately trying to comfort a silently crying Chen, who was upset at seeing someone of his own kind be treated that way.  Tao, Sehun and Lay didn't know what to do with themselves in this situation.  

And Xiumin? Well, he was pissed.  

 

How could they do something like that to the poor hybrid-boy? And how could people cheer and enjoy watching it? In the end, they all quickly decided to leave the club, their payed drinks be damned. 

 

They decide to head over to Chanyeols and Baekhyun's place, as it was just around the corner. 

Once inside, the silence fell over them like a heavy blanket. Until Chanyeol decide to break it. 

 

"I'm sorry guys. If I had know what they were doing at that place I wouldn't have brought you there. I'm sorry". 

 

Baekhyun slung an arm over his boyfriends' shoulders, and D.O gave him a pat on the back. 

 

"It's alright Chanyeol, you couldn't have know". 

 

The mood wasn't lifted very much even after a couple of hours, and when Xiumin realized that he had to get up to work in about 5 hours, he decided that he'd better leave. Chanyeol offered to drive him, but he declined his offer, saying that some air would do him good. 

 

As he walked past the club on his way home he could only look at it with hatred and disgust. Of course he knew that these sort of businesses existed, they all knew. It wasn't uncommon to read about unfortunate hybrids who had gotten into the sad part of the world, were they were forced to work at -houses as personal toys for middle-aged business men with too much money and too little time for a real partner. 

 

He shook his head as he passed the club, trying to get rid of the sad pictures in his head. He couldn't stop thinking of how the poor boy on the stage had looked, eyes filled with tears as the crowd cheered the other man on. 

 

Just as he though about the blonde boy, he heard a sound from behind him. Looking back he tried to find the source of the sound, but was unsuccessful. He was about to turn back around again, when he heard the sound again. He then realized that he had just passed an alley which was situated right next to the horrible club. Deciding that it couldn't hurt to take a look, he went back a couple of steps and stepped into the alley. 

 

At first he couldn't see very much since the light from the street-lamps didn't quite reach all the way inside. His eyes got used to the poor light quite quickly though and soon he could make out the shape of a small bundle sitting by the back-door of the club. 

 

Making his way over he was shocked at the sight that greeted him. By the door sat the hybrid-boy from before, his ears laid flat against his head and his tail was curled around his own body. He was clad in nothing but an oversized, dirty t-shirt and a pair of boxers and it didn't take a genius to figure out that he must be freezing. 

 

Xiumin didn't even hesitate before making his way over towards the boy, careful not to startle him. When the petite boy heard his footsteps he looked up with fear-filled eyes, curling himself up even more as Xiumin squatted down in front of him. When Xiumin reached out to touch the small wound on his face, he flinched away. 

 

"Hey, hey, don't worry. I'm not going to hurt you. Just let me check that for you". 

 

The boy seemed hesitant, but in the end he nodded and let Xiumin inspect his wounds. 

 

"It's not that bad. It just looks worse with the smudged blood around it". Xiumin concluded. 

"Why are you sitting out here? Wouldn't it be warmer to stay inside?". 

 

The boy looked at him with big doe-eyes which slowly filled up with tears, glazed over with desperation and sadness. 

 

"I-I got kicked out. Because I didn't do a good job today a-and I have n-nowhere else to go. I've a-always lived here". 

 

Xiumin was shocked at the confession. First they treat him like they did tonight and then they kick him out?! What sort of demons are these people. 

 

"Then come with me". 

 

"W-what?" 

 

"Come and live with me. I'll adopt you and you won't have to do this sort of work any longer. You'll never have to live like this ever again". 

 

Tears slipped down the boys cheeks as he looked all over Xiumin face for any signs of lying, and found none. 

 

"Really? You'd adopt m-me? B-but I'm nothing special. I'm not as good as all the other hybrids you'll find at the stores and adoption-centers a-and I'm dirty and tainted. N-nobody would want a hybrid like me". 

 

"Well, I certainly want to adopt you if you'd let me. You don't have to come with me if you really don't want to, but it'd really make me happy if you did". 

 

"Alright. I'll come with you. If you're really sure?" 

 

"I'm sure. Now come on, let's get you home". 

 

"Home..."  The hybrid-boy said quietly, a small smile on his lips which Xiumin found adorable. 

Fishing out his phone from his pocket, he then called D.O and asked him if he was okay with driving them to Xiumin's apartment, as D.O was the only one who hadn't had anything to drink that night. Of course D.O agreed, and said that he'd be there in about ten minutes. Putting the phone back into his pocket, Xiumin turned his gaze towards the hybrid in front of him. 

 

"I never got your name". 

 

"I'm Luhan. I'm 22 years old". 

 

"Luhan... That's a really pretty name. Chinese?" 

 

"Y-yes. I was brought up in a lab in China..." 

 

"I see. Seems like we're the same age too". Xiumin smiled at Luhan, only to realize how much the other was shivering. Taking off his own jacket, he put it around Luhan, hoping to warm him up a little. He helped Luhan to put his arms through the sleeves, before zipping it up all the way to his chin. 

 

"There you go. My friend should be here soon. Hopefully you won't catch a cold".  

Xiumin voice was laced with a truckload of concern, really worried for Luhan's health. 

 

The honking of a car was heard from outside the alley and Xiumin immediately recognized D.O's silver car.  

 

"That's him. Should we get going?"  

He stood up and turned around, when he realized that Luhan didn't follow him. Turning back around he saw Luhan trying to stand up, but obviously failing. His was still sore from the show earlier, and his legs felt like jelly from the cold.  

 

Xiumin went over to Luhan and instructed him to hold onto his neck. When Luhan did, he put his arms around Luhan's back and knees and lifted him up into his arms as Luhan let out a startled 'meow'. Xiumin chuckled at bit as he carried the hybrid-boy out to D.O's waiting car, where he put Luhan in the backseat before sliding in on the opposite side.

D.O began the drive to Xiumin's apartment and they drove in a comfortable silence, with no questions asked. D.O recognized the hybrid from the horrible show he had witnessed earlier that night and immediately knew what Xiumin was up to.  

 

A couple of minutes later Luhan began to snooze in his seat, head dropping against his chest before he caught himself and straightened up again. Xiumin chuckle at the cute sight before grabbing Luhan lightly by the shoulder and bringing his head to rest on his lap. 

 

"Just sleep. I'll take you inside when we get there, don't worry. I'll take care of you". 

He began petting Luhan's hair as a slight gesture of comfort, which seemed to be the right thing to do as Luhan began to snooze off once again, before falling asleep. 

 

Soon the only sound that were heard was the sound of content purring.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: How is that for a first chapter? Any good? 

 

And for readers of my other stories. No, I haven't abandoned them! Don't ever think that. When I begin writing a story I always have it in my mind to finish it no matter what. And I still love to write for my other stories. I just need some time to figure out how to continue them. And I have so many ideas and I like to juggle between different stories as I write. It helps to keep the ideas flowing and it helps me improve my writing. 

I'll probably update my other stories tomorrow or during the following week so don't worry. 

 

I got the results from the tests I had to retake today and I cleared them all! Which means I'm finally free to write as much as I want without any school-work to worry about! Yay! 

 

Please subscribe and leave a comment with your opinion down below! Love you all!<3