"I have feelings too."

The Blind Coward

School is over for today, but you haven't shown up yet.

Luhan is waiting for you to go back home as usual while sitting on his motorbike beneath the tree. He sees Kai walking towards the main gate with his fellow friends. Luhan tries his best to look away and avoid himself from having eye-contact with Kai but it is already too late.

Kai already spots him when he looks around while chatting and laughing with his friends. He bids his goodbye to them and approaches Luhan.

"Hey Luhan. Didn't get the chance to greet you properly this morning. So nice of you taking care of Hana from the bee though I didn't see one."

Kai sounds casual and he even presses a warm smile on his face.

Luhan doesn't respond a thing. He refuses to. He's assuming as no one's there and secretly wishes that Kai will just walk away as soon as possible and disappear from his sight.

Yet ignoring Kai isn't a successful way to make him leave. He continues talking until Luhan decides to interact with him.

"I've always wanted to speak with you. My girl classmates talk about you a lot in class. But you're very handsome though seeing you closely this way. No wonder the girls like you so much. I'm so jealous." Kai chuckles.

Luhan seems to know that Kai 'desperately' wants to listen to his voice. Thus with a heavy heart, he opens his mouth.

"Thanks, Kai. Hearing a compliment from a guy is a new thing for me instead of girls. Just letting you know that I'm not interested with guys, just in case."

He replies gently just how he talks with other people, but obviously he's just acting it out in front of Kai. Listening to his response causes Kai to laugh.

"I'm not praising you, I'm stating the fact. You're hansome and.... and yeah. Just handsome." Kai grins.

Luhan notices right away and guess that Kai is being sarcastic with the way he expresses the words as he's trying to say that Luhan is just popular for being good-looking. While for Kai, he isn't just attractive but also an athlete who's used to winning in any sport championships which is why people called him, the school's asset.

Luhan almost can't believe with what he heard, hence all he can do for now is sneering.

"But I'm serious anyway. You and your friends are all very good-looking and attractive while a person like me looks average. I even envy with your close friendship with Hana. I'm so glad you can look after her while I'm not around. Otherwise, I would feel worried." Kai says.

Luhan glares at him from the corner of his eyes without turning his head. Hearing your name from his mouth starts making him feels unpleased. He remains patient with Kai until he can't bear with it anymore.

"You don't need to be so worried about her. She's none of your business. I never approve you to be her friend."

"Why would she need your approval to be friends with anyone? Luhan, this isn't Instagram. Hana never 'private' her life. She's a kind person and she accepts everyone. You're not even her boyfriend to take over her life. You're just her close friend." Kai states.

Luhan is boiling with anger inside him. He clenches his fist tightly. It saddens him, knowing that people label him as your close friend when deep inside of his heart, he's more than that.

"You're funny, Kai. I guess this is why Hana enjoys being your friend. I want to laugh, but I'm not in the mood to. You barely know about me and her. You actually know nothing but pretending to know everything. But what about you? You know, I even doubt by the word 'friend'. It looks like you're just playing with her. Did you and your friends betting with each other to see if you able to seduce her until she falls in love with you? A well-known guy like you with bunch of chicks around. Since when do you care about making friends with the ordinary girl."

"Luhan, I'm a human. I have feelings too. What's the problem if I like an ordinary girl? Do you feel threaten by that? Can't I like your friend?"

Luhan rises from his seat and both of them are standing straight, facing each other in a close distance. They stare into one another's eyes, but it's not a normal stare. It's a deep stare that says 'be prepare because I'm going to kill you sooner or later'. Luckily there's nothing more worse happens when someone is running towards them.

"I'm sorry for being late! The teacher wouldn't let us out until we finished our works." You tell Luhan. Then you realize Kai is here too, standing next to you with his usual smile he's wearing.

"Hi, Hana. I was looking for you the whole day. Where were you? I thought I was gonna meet you at the Cafeteria today like always." Kai asks.

You realize that Kai is always smiling even while he's talking and it's a really beautiful smile. You don't need to explain if anybody ever asked about why Kai is very famous among the girls. It's clearly shown right on his face.

"I'm sorry, Kai. I was with Luhan. He doesn't feel well. But thank you for the bun and juice you left for me anyway."

"Hana doesn't drink juice in a box but thanks Kai, I'll drink it for her." Luhan chimes in and smiles toward Kai.

Kai expressionlessly looks at Luhan, not responding to him but he remains calm and smiles again when he changes his sight to you.

"I have something for you." Kai takes something out from his pocket and hands it over to you.

"This is your ticket. We're going to Music Bank this evening. This is your pass for backstage meeting." Kai says.

"Backstage meeting?" Your eyes widen a bit.

Luhan who's standing between you and Kai in the middle feels irritated and extremely uncomfotable. He feels invisible and useless being there when you're having a conversation with Kai but for some reasons, he feels quite glad that he can watch over you and Kai very closely. Just in case if Kai might do anything towards you such as harassing you, he's all ready to squeeze Kai's s until it get ripped off from his chest.

Yes, that sounds childish and ridiculous. But that used to happen to Luhan once when he was in a primary school. He knows it hurts like hell.

Luhan is actually imagining him doing it to Kai until he cries like a baby and groans in pain inside his mind. He laughs silently.

By 'silently', he doesn't realize he chuckles for real that you and Kai can even hear it.

"What's wrong, Luhan?" You asks Luhan.

Luhan gets aware with the situation and feels embarrassed. He clears his throat while crossing his arms and tries to control his emotion.

"I got distracted for awhile. Don't mind me.".

Then you and Kai change your concentration back to the main topic you guys have been talking currently.

You run your fingers over the ticket as you're holding it on your palm. It's your first time holding an actual concert ticket in your whole life. You have the intention to sniff it like how you usually sniff your money but you can't do it in front of the two beautiful guys. Let's be honest, that's gonna look super weird.

"I'm curious. Did you buy this ticket for me?"

You were a little excited awhile ago, but you start wondering how Kai can just simply gave you the ticket and the pass. You'll feel a bit guilty going to a concert using someone else's money instead of yours.

"I didn't buy it.". Kai says.

He bends his body to the front with his face close to you and unbreakable stares into your eyes, he continues with a low voice almost like a whisper, "I got it for free. You and I".

He ends it with a smile. Killer smile.

Luhan frowns and curses inside his mind.

"You know my friend, Sehun? No one really knows about this but his father is one of a manager in SM company. That's why we can even got the backstage meeting. Not everyone has the opportunity to." Kai says.

You're completely nonplussed. You've seen Sehun a few times before when he walked with Kai but you've never talked to him so far. He's also an athlete at this school and one of Kai's closest member. Most students know him as well but you have no idea at all that he's related to the industry world. Being a son of one of the manager to a huge company is already an extraordinary thing to you.

"Who are we meeting anyway?"

"Anyone you want. I'm not sure if you're a fan of Big Bang, but most girls do. They're making their comback today."

"No way!" You exclaim.

You cover your mouth with your palm as you're gasping in disbelief. You've never thought even once in your life that you'll be meeting your idols in reality.

While Luhan remains the same, stand still and silent. And as usual, not so pleased.

 

***

 

"Are you really going tonight?" Luhan asks for the third time after he sends you home in front of your house before he returns to his.

"It's a golden opportunity. I'm going to meet Big Bang!". Your voice lighten up, sounds very excited and it shows how happy you feel although you haven't gone yet.

Before the conversation between you and kai ended, he told you that Hara, Nicole and Jiyoung also got one for themselves. Which mean you'll be coming with your bestfriends along with Kai and his gang.

It's like a dream comes true. Being friends with Kai is more than just a fate. You're still thinking how to thanks Kai for his kindness.

"Do you remember last year on April? We had talked about going to concert together for the first time. I told you I'll bring you to one someday. But now you're going without me." Luhan says.

Without waiting for your reply, he rides his motorbike straightly to his house which is located across from your house but with a few distance away to the right as there are a few houses between your house and his.

You look at him from your place as he's entering his motorbike through the house gate then turns off the engine. He gets into his house and close the door back.

You're speechless. You don't know how to react to that. You're confused whether you should feel guilty, or upset. You don't know if Luhan's acting that way caused by his personal problem or it's you who made him turn that way.

You and Luhan used to talk about going to concert together last year since both of you have never went to any concerts before. Everytime you guys were watching live shows on television, you would be talking about how amazing it could be for both of you to stand really close to the stage and watch your idols singing and dancing.

"I will likely bring you there. But be nice with me first or else I'm going there by myself and spam lots of pictures to you."

That's what Luhan used to tell you. He was laughing when he said it like he was playing around with you, but now all you know that he intented it.

Right now you're overwhelmed with guilt.

 

***

 

Luhan just finished eating dinner then heads upstairs.

He isn't in the mood this night. His feelings are mixed with many emotions that bury deep inside him. He was resented with you this evening when you decided to go and be with Kai at the concert. Eventhough there are other people who join along, but somehow he feels betrayed by you for attending your first concert with a guy who happens to be not him.

A sense of disappointment affects his inner peace. Perhaps he won't be able to fall asleep tonight if the distraction is too stubborn to back away from him.

He was supposed to bring you to a live tour during your birthday but he wasn't ready to inform you just yet. But now he starts feeling regret that he kept himself shut and hid behind the wall of cowardice in his mind that prevents him to be more aggresive with his feelings. Due to that, you eventually got stolen by other guy who's recently at the highest place in his personal black list.

Luhan stands at the verandah with earphones plugged into his ears and stares at your house. He wishes he can see you arrive home safely after the concert before he decides to hit the sack.

"I shouldn't say that." Luhan lowers his head and sighs.

he starts feeling terrible for being emotional in front of you this afternoon when you both just returned home from school. He's worried that it could hurt or offended you in some ways. He didn't mean to do so.

Sometimes he can't understand himself either and questions himself if he's a pure man. Almost beautiful like other women, over-reacting like most women in earth.

He sinks his into the resting chair that's placed at the verandah and leans his back against it. Tonight is very cold, like other night. The wind is blowing strong, but his heart feels colder at this moment.

He slides his hand into his pocket then grabs his phone out to check out his social media.

He opens Instagram and instantly searches for your accound first. There's no update from you. Luhan is expecting for a new photo in your Instagram account while you're at Music Bank, but there's literally no changes in your account.

Luhan presses Home and scrolls down the timeline until he sees a photo from Nicole's account.

She just uploaded a new collage photo that includes Hara, Jiyoung and herself hugging each other with adorable edits 6 minutes ago.

But you aren't in the photo.

Luhan keeps scrolling down then he sees a new photo of the three of them but in a different place and situation from Hara's account as well. Yet you're still not there.

Luhan raises his eyebrows in confusion.

He thought you took the photos when he first watched it from Nicole's, but you weren't even in Hara's photo and now Luhan is surrounded with curiosity.

The only choice he has is to call your phone and so he does. He unplugs one earphone from his right ear and put the phone closely to it to hear the other line.

He really hopes that you sound okay and happy while waiting patiently for you to pick-up.

Instead of hearing your voice through the line, he hears a familiar muffled ringtone from downstairs.

He jerks forward and looks around when the ringtone gets louder and clearer. He sees you at the stairwell and you smile at him.

 

 


Thank you for reading my story ^^ I hope you like this chapter, you !

I'm trying my best to update my story with new chapters as soon as possible. So far, i only able to post a new one once every week, I'm very sorry if i keep you waiting for a long time >.<"

If you like this story and find it interesting, do subscribe and drop some comments ^^ I appreciate it so much