"Go away!"

The Blind Coward

Along the way back to home after school, you and Luhan have stopped at the park nearby before both of you get apart from each other. It's a routine. Sometimes you guys go to the higher ground, the wide field and lay yourself down while watching kites floating around the blue sky.

You and Luhan order ice-cream corns then sit down on a bench. You request for a chocolate flavor, but Luhan buys you vanilla instead.

Well, he's just being himself.

This kind of attitude of his may annoys you many times. But to him, he's just playing around with you. He enjoys it anyway. Seeing you glower at him but he pretends not to care.

You know Luhan is going to hand over your ice-cream. You reach out your hand to take it, but Luhan is moving the ice-cream fast towards your face that it eventually pokes your nose.

"Ooops, my bad."

He doesn't sound sorry. He smirks at you instead. Now your pointy nose gets smeared by the vanilla ice-cream.

Seriously, if he ever does that once again to you, you're going to kick right on his until he falls down and cries.

 

Both of you do your own stuffs by the ice-cream and look around at first. Then Luhan turns round to you, repositions himself and speaks to start the conversation not long after that.

"I saw it today at school during recess time."

"What did you see?" You reply, still eyeing and your ice-cream.

"What did he want from you?" .

You pause when you realize that he is actually mentioning about Kai.

"Kai? Well... he said he wants to be friends with me."

"All of a sudden?"

"It's not really by sudden. He tried to contact me before, but i didn't recognize it was him."

"Lucky you. You must be overwhelmed by that." He soon rises then walks towards his motorbike while trying to finish his ice-cream as soon as possible. He's now biting the corn part already.

You can't say that you weren't overwhelmed by it, because you were. But according to Luhan's reaction, you can assume that envious bubbles up inside him.

"Maybe he doesn't like seeing me become friends with other guys besides him." You guess and eat your ice-cream quickly before Luhan left you alone.

 

***

 

Two months have passed and guess what?

You and Kai have been friends and are getting closer.

To be honest, you're happy to have Kai as your friend. He's entertaining, he brings happy vibe wherever he goes and whoever he be with. He always talks about sports, benefits of going to gym and everything that is related to him though you can barely understand him, but he's very talented in making you laugh.

Unlike Luhan who causes you to shout or run to catch him when he snatches  away your important items such as your wallet, phone, or diary.

 

As you and Luhan walk together side-by-side after arrive school, someone jogs from behind to catch you up. Kai hooks his arm around your neck .

"Good morning, Hana." As usual, he grins towards you.

The frowny Luhan is surprised by two things. First, Kai's presence. Second, his arm over your shoulders. He didn't expect Kai to get way too far with his action.

"Oh, morning." . You greet back, and yes. You are also surprised by that arm.

"Go away!" .

Luhan repels an invisible insect away around your back by his quick hand and at the same time, takes Kai's arm and throws it away harshly.

"What happened?!" You turn around immediately as you're surprised by Luhan's sudden action.

"There was a bee just now behind you. A very DANGEROUS bee. But thanks to me, now it's gone." Luhan states, and he scowls towards Kai from behind.

Kai does the same at him, right after you look at the front after facing Luhan. "Oh.. thank you."

"You're very welcome" . Luhan pulls your arm closer to him.

You don't know why, but you feel slightly awkward with your current situation. Like there are persons who secretly fighting behind you.

Luhan assumes Kai gonna leave after he removed Kai's arm from your shoulder as a hint for him to back off. But nope, he doesn't give up.  Not yet.

The three of you walk together into the hallway with no one's talking.

 

"I did not see that coming." Chen says, slidding his hands into the pocket of his pants. Lay, Tao and Xiumin burst with laughter.

"That was intense, man. Really dramatic. Too bad there was no collar grabbing scene because I definitely rooting for that." Tao adds.

"I thought I was watching actor Lee Minho, Park Shinhye and Kim Woobin acting just now." Lay shakes his head while grinning, showing his perfect white teeth.

They are walking along behind the three of you and saw everything, which they did not expect to witness that. They aren't that close to you, yet they aren't that far either.

"Kris isn't even here. I wish we could rewind that and let him see it." . Xiumin says, after he manages to control his laughter but he still wants to laugh about it.

 

They're Luhan's gang.

They do have a really strong friendship bond since the first time they laid their eyes on each other on the first year of school. They attach to one another almost everytime during school time. They attend school everyday together, go for a recess together, go to the toilet together, do pranks at some teachers together, laugh and spend half of their lifetime together.

No, don't worry. They're not gay, so far.

Luhan is the only one who sometimes doesn't participate with their activities since he chose to share his time with you. He wants you to be part of his time to spend with. Nothing else he could ask for.

 

***

 

The school bell rings.

 

It's time to eat!

You exit the classroom while laughing with Hara, but suddenly Luhan grabs your arm and pulls you away.

"Yah, where are you going?" Hara asks Luhan who suddenly appears out of nowhere and steals you away from her.

"Don't wait for her. Go eat with the others. I'm taking her with me." Luhan replies followed by a sweet smile then immediately goes missing from sight through the crowd.

"Thanks godness you're handsome and famous. I would probably mock at you for taking away my bestfriend just like that." Hara talks to herself with her hands inside her blazer pockets while tapping her right foot in unpleasant.

She looks for Nicole who's already crossing arm with Jiyoung then pulls her away from Jiyoung and walks ahead together so she won't be walking alone.

"You can't do this to me." Jiyoung tries to break their grasp, but Hara is clasping Nicole's hand too tight.

"You wish!". Hara runs along with Nicole, leaving Jiyoung alone.

Jiyoung quickly chases after them to the cafeteria.

 

***

 

You can't even get away from Luhan. He clasps your arm firmly. Like he doesn't want to get off from your hand for his entire life. Like he's afraid he could lose you once he let you go from his grip.

He's still offended by Kai wrapping his arm around your neck. It scratches his heart, longer and deeper. Even since you and Kai started to be friends.

It scares him to think it might turn to a serious relationship if he didn't protect your heart secure enough. He is seriously in a great, great danger.

You decide to not ask Luhan anything until you guys eventually arrive the location where Luhan is bringing you to. You just hope it's a safe and comfortable place.

 

Both of you reach the edge of the corridor.

"What's the matter? I hope you're not trying to joke around me, because I won't be gentle on you again this time." You cross your hands while narrow your eyes at Luhan.

Luhan leans against the corridor. The wind is quite strong, hence your and Luhan's hair get blown by the wind.

"I've lost my appetite. Can you just not eat today or for a few days and be with me?"

"Okay, fine. But you have to-"

"Treat you after school. Anything for you. That's even better." He turns his head and looks towards the beautiful scenery that is surrounding your school.

"Luhannie, are you going through a rough time?"

"Do I look like one?"

"I don't know, perhaps? You don't seem totally alright. As something is bothering you. Are you not eating because you're thinking about your problems? Can you tell me?"

 

Yes. Yes, he is.

He has always been feeling unwell mentally the fact that someone else is disturbing his girl. Taking away his property which he knows, he can't get it anywhere else. Nothing can replace it. Not the cash. Not the ferrari. Not the mansion. Nothing but the one standing right in front of him.

He doesn't lose his appetite like what he claimed. He doesn't want you to go to the canteen. He knows Kai is waiting for you. That gets him on his nerve, yet not as much as breaking his heart.

He's kind of afraid to see what will happen if he's taking it too lightly.

"Do you see this hand?" Luhan raises his right palm in front of you.

"Do you see this beautiful hand?" He repeats since you aren't responding to him.

"What's with that hand?"

"This hand, is the hand that protects you and take care of you for years. The hand that is willingly to help you. The hand that won't ever take advantage on you. Don't betray this hand or you might upset it. Get it?" He indirectly warns you to not let any other hand to touch or play with you which yes, he dedicates it to that guy named Kai.

It isn't really a big matter though to put someone's hand over someone's shoulders if you really considered each other as friends. But oh come on, Luhan is just being himself. Nagging, over-protective and stuff.

You look bewildered.

You can imagine how all cells with legs and hands are currently working in your brain that looks like a big office. It's super hectic inside there as each of them are searching through drawers, computers and files. Where they can possibly find your understanding towards Luhan's statement.

You seriously need to attend an audition because you are acting almost like a main character in korean dramas. Too slow to pick-up things!

"What kind of mistake I've done to his hand. Have I ever bit his hand or sat on it before that he got so mad? Aish this guy is so complicated!". You think, swallowing your saliva.

 

***

 

You enter your classroom from the back door since your table is closer to the door.

You spot a cream bun and a box of apple juice with a sticky note on your table. You reach for the sticky note first since you're more interested to know the message written on it.

'You missed your meal today! Your friends said you went somewhere else. This is yours. I keep it for you. Here you go ^^ -Kai'

 

It makes you smile. Kai has successfully caused you to smile again and again, and again. You personally think that Kai is really a caring person. Despite his popularity which of course, grab every girl's attention, he isn't snobbish at all. At least not to you.

"Aww poor Romeo. He missed his Juliet today." Your tablemate, Jiyoung teases.

You chuckle. "I don't recall changing my name to Juliet and know anybody named Romeo. Knock it off." .

She clings to your arm while pouts.

"Hana, seriously. What have you done? You're getting all the kingkas. I can accept you becoming bestfriend with Luhan since both of you are neighbours. But what did you do to Kai? He's kind to every girl in this school, but why is he closer to you?"

"I have no idea at all. I didn't do anything, okay. Don't make false assumption at me."

Listening to Jiyoung's question makes you start wondering as well. How can someone like Kai would like to be friends and closer to you. It's like a wishful thinking every girl teenager has, but it's no longer a wishful thinking for you because it's really happening.

After a moment, something pops-out from your mind and it can be the real answer to the question. The reason of why Kai is attracted and admire you to be friends.

Jiyoung. Maybe Jiyoung can help you answer it.

"Jiyoungie." You exchange gaze with Jiyoung.

"Do you think I'm beautiful?"

You stare at Jiyoung full with hope. She isn't answering to you right away. Until she opens yet she's still taking her time to response.

"You're definitely not ugly at all. But I'm not sure about calling you beautiful..." Her voice gets slower.

She looks away and lowers her head to avoid your glare.

 

 


I hope you like this chapter, you ^^

Do subscribe and drop some comments :D