"Hi, Hana."

The Blind Coward

Love is currently in the air.

Surrounded by a beautiful flowery garden and butterflies flying around, Luhan is staring deeply into your eyes while holding both of your soft hands which cause your cheeks redden. Probably you are blushing in pleasant. Nobody has spoken, yet the silence delights the heart of the two love birds through the close eye-contact.

"How can there lives a girl who's beyond perfect in this world." . Luhan confesses proudly while keeps his eyes on you.

You chuckle shyly.

"That's nonsense. I am not even that pretty." .

"That's nonsense, I am not even that pretty ~ Pffft what a fool." . He immitates the way you just said while rolling his eyes.

He seems as he's pissed but you know he's just acting cute and it works. Too adorable to be described.

The condition becomes silent once again. Yet the stares of affection and love between you and him won't stop. He moves closer to your face until his nose and yours touched. Both of you are sharing a breath. Your heart starts pounding rapidly.

He whispers,
"Mind lend me your lips?"

You give no answer, but you already shut your eyes tightly and you can even feel the heat around your face. He smiles and comes forward.

You're waiting patiently. Waiting for that moment to finally happen. It's happening but you feel eager. You're nervous but you can't wait for it any longer.

You already imagine everything in your head. Everything that you watch in romance stories and that makes your heart thumping even harder.

*sniff* *sniff*

'Smells like chicken.' The thoughts come across your mind.

The scent is getting stronger. You get distracted by it for awhile and you somehow start to feel hungry. Your stomach start asking you to be feed.

Then Luhan's face pops out from your mind again. You remember and think that he's going to kiss you, but nothing really happens.

Slowly, you open your eyes and get extremely suprised to see that the handsome guy that you saw just now has turned to a chicken drumstick.

 

 

"Warghhhhh!!!" .

 

You fall off from the bed and realize that it was just a dream. Not so sure whether it was a good dream or a bad one.

It feels hurt a little bit, luckily you fall on a carpet. Your heart is in pain too since it's not reality.

You can still sense the smell of the chicken. The smell actually comes from downstair at the kitchen. The smell is too strong that it has successfully got into your dream and woke you up after seeing someone who was about to kiss you turned to a food right in front of you.

You rise slowly while holding you waist. You grab your spectacles on the desk and glimpse at the clock. Your vision isn't really clear at first since you just got awake. You blink for a few times until your sight becomes better. You gasp and get surprised for the second time but this time in real life.

 

        "6:45 a.m ?! No... No way.."

 

"I'm late for school !!" .

You quickly pull you towel and head toward the bathroom after knowing that you only have less than half an hour to get ready for school.

 

***

 

BAM BAM BAM.

 

You rush through the staircase toward the dining room and sit on the chair beside your dad as fast as wind.

"Good morning, princess." Your dad greets while slipping through the newspaper to the next page.

You can only bow your head a little as you are busy feeding yourself with chicken.

Your mom's cooking is the best though. No matter how late you are, you'll never miss your breakfast or you will die for unable to taste your mom's marvelous cooking. Well of course you won't die, but that's how you basically describe your feelings if you can't eat it.

"Omma, your chicken was haunting me in my dream just now. Luhan turned to a chicken drumstick in front of me. For God's sake, I almost faint and died. It scared me to death." You state with your mouth still full with food.

"Really ?! Hahaha if I cook squid or octopus tomorrow, will it get into your dream and attack you?"

"Omma ! You know I don't like them. I hate those tentacles. Ewww... how gross." . You cross your hands and your opposite arms as you start to shiver, imagining the moving tentacles and you almost puke.

You hate it so much. You hate it more than you hate pickles. You hate it more than you hate waking up in the morning for school. You hate it more than you hate doing your homeworks that never get done but in the same time never get caught so far.

When you were 8 years old, you used to follow your dad to go fishing on a boat in the middle of the sea. You saw and dipped your hand into a container to touch and played with fish that your dad already caught as it looked pretty similar like your toy fish.

Well, you were just a little kid at that moment though. You were pretty dumb to realize that the fish was actually real.

Just then, there was an octopus in the container climbed on your hand with the tentacles. You could even felt its ers sticked on your skin. You were so startled and afraid and eventually collapsed.

Since the horrible tragedy, the octopus and squid have always be your biggest enemy even until you die.

The door bell is ringing. You swallow everything in your mouth as you almost forgot that you are late for school and drink your milk in the glass quickly for only one shot.

"Omo, your honey has arrived~" Your mom says followed by laughter.

"Omma, it's 'Hannie' . Not 'Honey' . There's a difference" .

"Yes, you are right. Different in spelling. What about the meaning?"

"Both. Both different"

"I got that, sweetie"

Your mom nods and smiles. You grab your backpack then run toward your mom and kiss her cheek. You do the same to your dad then leave the dining room before someone starts complaining.

 

Luhan is really lovable by everyone and his sweet smile always makes other girls lose in their thoughts and wanting to get closer to him.

But despite his good-looking appearance, he's actually so good in complaining and nagging and he does that a lot when he's around you.

You can say that Luhan's complain is also included in your hatelist. Watching Luhan complains many things about you is like listening to your mom's nagging with a younger and manly voice.

In fact he only does that when he's worried about you and of course to your blindness, you wouldn't notice and suspect a thing.

"Aren't they so cute?" . Your mom pulls the window curtain and secretly spies on you who is currently wearing the shoes while Luhan is waiting patiently on his motorbike.

"I'm disapproving their marriage" . Your dad mutters while his eyes still fix on the newspaper.

"My father also used to say the same thing to my mother when I told them I wanted to get married". Your mom sits across from your dad and sips her coffee.

Your dad clears his throat awkwardly and raises the newspaper higher to cover his face which has turned a bit pinkish. That reminds him a lot to the past during his lovey dovey old good days with his girlfriend, or in other word your own mom.

Your mom smiles widely and rest her chin on her palm as she places her elbow on the table.

She has been watching over you and Luhan since both of you were very young. You and Luhan are so close and you guys have been experiencing your childhood almost about everything together. No one has ever confess, but your mom knows.

Luhan is sincerely loving you though he's acting a bit cool in front of you sometimes.

It makes your mom wonder,

do you actually know about it or do you just pretend not to know anything.

 

***


You lean closer to Luhan's back while on the motorbike and try to look at the side mirror to fix your hair but because you are too short, you can't even see your face.

Luhan realizes your struggle at the back and stares at you from the side mirror.

For some reasons, he carves a smile and his heart feels happy by only looking at you eventhough you do nothing.

You caught Luhan who is staring at you through the side mirror so you decide to make Luhan as your talking mirror.

"How do I look?" You comb your hair and your bang with your fingers while looking at Luhan on the side mirror and wait for him to answer.

 

        "Messy."

 

He replies it short then looks at front again.

 

But it continues in his thoughts otherwise. "..and cute."

He smiles but you are too busy tiding yourself to realize that.

He gives so many hints and wish that you will somehow find out how precious you are for him and his whole life but just like in most or let's just say all the korean dramas, the girl always misses it.

You take out a pink hairband from your blazer pocket and tie your long hair that almost reach your waist.

You notice that the motorbike is moving very slowly not as usual. You feel anxious, worrying that both of you may arrive school pass the time and get punish like how you used to once upon a time.

"Luhannie, just letting you know that we are already late for school . Your motorbike is moving really slow right now and it feels like strolling around the park on weekend."

"I don't want you to fall down and injure yourself. How can I speed up while you don't even look secure back there."

"Okay so where can I possibly get my helmet or where do you put the seatbelt for more secure, mister Luhan?" You glare toward Luhan from the back and pout, feeling annoyed.

You glance at your watch and that makes you even more nervous to see that you don't have much time left.

You remember receiving a punishment before and it was the worst thing you've ever done while you are alive.

"You don't need those things to be secure. Just grab my waist."

 

"Pardon me?"

"You have your safety on my waist. You know I'm not going to speed up and put yourself in a risk. You only have bones, and it's not impossible if you suddenly fly away behind me."

You aren't really offended by it, but sometimes Luhan is like asking you to slap him 99 times and plug his mouth with plushies so that he can stop talking.

You give up arguing with him, because you know it will get more worse and useless if you let Luhan speak up once again and end up hugging his waist tightly like how he orders you to.

Your embrace makes him skip a beat and a curve of happiness appears on his face again but wider than before continuously along the way until they reach their school.

Thanks to you obeying his order, you and Luhan eventually made it and manage to arrive school before the gate closed.

You urge yourself toward your classroom without looking back and mind about Luhan who is searching for an empty slot to park the motorbike.

"How dare you leave your prince behind like this. I was waiting for you to get prepared and you just run away without me." Luhan keeps his eyes on you who are rushing and obviously afraid of getting caught by the teachers.

"But luckily I've accidentally fallen for you, so you will always be forgiven." He smirks.

He hangs his bag on the back of his shoulder with his fingers and starts walking to his classroom which is just next to yours.

 

***

 

It is recess time.

 

Everyone goes to the canteen to grab something to feed their hungry and aggresive tummy. You sit on the same table with your other three bestfriends; Nicole, Hara and Jiyoung.

While Luhan and his friends sit on the other table, which actually quite close to yours. Luhan sit on a chair where he can easily peek on you secretly while eating.

As you and your friends are chatting with excitement about the lattest drama you guys have been watching, a guy approaches your table. He puts his tray on the table and takes his seat right in front of you. Everyone on the table instantly turns quiet when they are alerted by his sudden presence.

 

        "Hi, Hana."

He greets and he flashes a smile towards you.

You exchange gaze with the others but all of you aren't even sure how to react to that.

"Hi..." . You reply back, but you don't dare to look straightly into his eyes because you are a bit shy and surprised at the same time.

You and your friends aren't the only ones who get shocked when Luhan finally notices it neither. The meat that he hold with the chopstick falls down on the tray.

 

"What is he doing over there?" . Luhan questions himself.

 

He can't eat peacefully anymore as he gets distracted by that guy who still hasn't moved even an inch from your table. Kai is his name.

Everyone knows him well. He knows how to make the girls get weaken by his friendly attitude like how Luhan does it by only smiling at them. Yet Kai is more famous compared to Luhan especially when he's really active as an athlete at the school. He has participated in several competitions and has collected many trophies and medals for the school. He's school's asset. Teachers love him too as much as the girl students.

"I've kept myself shut for a long time until I couldn't bear with it any longer. I think this is the right time for me to talk to you."

You listen to Kai talking while keeping yourself in silence as you are allowing him to continue.

"I've been sending messages, like a couple of times every week, but i got no response." He sighs, looking a bit disappointed.

Yes, you had been receiving texts from an unknown person for the past month. You asked the person to introduce himself but he refused to and kept himself as an anonymous, so you eventually just ignored him until he stopped texting you.

Your mind is full with thoughts, guessing if that person was Kai all along which sounds impossible. That was too much.

This popular, handsome, charming, attractive, lovely guy got your phone number and just texted you more that once? Heol.

You even doubt if he ever knew about your existence.

"I have been observing you, actually. Sometimes I overheard a conversation between you and your friends and you're pretty hilarious. You're kind of different among the girls I've known before. I know you're not looking for anyone's attention yet you're grabbing someone's attention with your own personality."

You don't really know how to explain your feelings right now, but you're actually blushing listening to it. Your other friends start muttering and whispering with each other but they're not so good in hiding their excited expression though.

"Is.. is that possible? I mean, why would the person get attracted to me? And who could it be?"

The food on your tray haven't been touched or eaten anymore as you are busy going ahead with the conversation.

Something is bothering you inside. You know it happens due to the rare thing you listen to especially from a well-know, good-looking guy whom you actually never talked to. Well, you're not gonna deny that you did wish to talk to him even for once. But now you ARE talking to him.

Congratulation, your wish has been granted.

"This better be real or someone's gonna turn to food again. Perhaps chicken wing this time." You warn yourself inside of your mind.

Apparently this seems more like a dream than in reality to you.

"Technically, you grab mine." Kai states.

Hara chocked with a bread she eats, so do Jiyoung and Nicole while they are drinking a milk in a box. Thanks goodness you don't stuff anything into your throat either. Otherwise, there would be a possibility that you also get chocked to death. That is tragic if it seriously happened.

Luhan sees everything from his place.

He sees you gasping even with your eyes that can't get any bigger. He sees your friends coughing. He knows they will not act exaggerate like that just because Kai is currently sitting in a group with them unless he says something far from their expectation.

He sees Kai pressing a smile on his face - the sweet one, the one he does everytime he confronts any girls to attract them.

Luhan isn't pleased. Not at all.