Chapter 6

I Can Hear You

I felt the bed sheet underneath and a blanket over my body. I slowly opened my eyes. I blinked a few times so I could adjust to the light. As I slowly sat up, my head ached.

“ You’re awake.” I heard, his back facing me. A sweet aroma filled the room. It appears he was making some sort of tea.

“ What happened?” I said in a soft and slight hoarse voice. My throat was killing me, I had a headache and my body was sore as if I ran a 20km marathon. I laid back on the bed as I had no more strength to hold myself up. I tried to recall what happened, but everything in my mind was fuzzy. All I remember was this injured guy and boom.

“ Do you remember what happened earlier?” Woohyun asked me as he walked over to me. He took a nearby stool and placed it next to the bed. I could see a few bruises here and there, but other than that he looked fine.

I shook my head, “No. Everything happened so fast… I-”

“ Don’t strain yourself. Here.” He handed me a cup of what I assume is tea. I drank it without hesitation. Despite the sweet smell, it was extremely bitter- the most bitter drink that I came across. To excuse the bitterness, Woohyun gave me a glass of water.

“ You’re not mad at me?” I asked him. I was starting to feel a little drowsy.

“ Of course I am.” He answered. Whatever drink he gave me started to kick in. I could barely open my eyes.

“ I’m too worried about you to be angry about you.” I heard before I drifted off to sleep.

 

“ Jieun, wake up.” Woohyun shook me awake.

“ What now?” I grumbled, helping myself up the bed. I looked at Woohyun from head to toe. He was wearing what seemed to be a winter jacket and was wearing a pair of brown army boots.

“ There’s no time to be grumpy. We have to go now.”
“Go where, the army? Thanks but no thanks.” I quickly declined and hopped off the bed.
“ No,dummy. We’re going to Blaze, a safer part of Inferno. There’s a snowstorm coming up and I don’t want to be stuck here till God knows how long.” He said and handed me a grey winter coat and a pair of red winter boots. Grey wasn’t my favourite colour but I had no right to complain.

“ That doesn’t sound so bad. ‘Blaze’.” I said.
“ It means blazes of fire.”
“Oh and that’s a safer part of Inferno?”
“ Would you rather go to Holocaust or maybe Abaddon?”
“ Seriously, who comes up with these names?”

“The Hell Queen, of course.” Woohyun said as if I really didn’t know who made up those ridiculous names.

“ ‘The Hell Queen’? Wouldn’t the name ‘Red Queen’ be better?” I asked as I packed my things(which, by the way, was only an old book and my school uniform)

“ Then she would be stealing from ‘Alice in Wonderland’.” Woohyun said and opened the door. He held the door for me and I walked out. There was no sign of a snowstorm, but I had a feeling it was coming soon.

“ Wait a minute. ‘Queen’? You mentioned a witch before.”
“ The Grand Witch and The Hell Queen are two completely different people. The Hell Queen recruited the Grand Witch to help her invade the castle. She promised the Grand Witch that she could stand next to her throne and would rule the kingdom together.”

“ She couldn’t even sit? How sad. Her legs must be aching.” I said, actually feeling a little sympathetic for her.

“ She hasn’t felt any pain in her body for over 2 centuries. What’s there to be sad about?”

“ And the sadness went away. Wouldn’t it be even harder to defeat her? The lady can’t feel any pain! It would be totally impossible to do so.” I said. I bet all she did in her life was sit stand around and eat little kids that didn’t obey her or something like that.

“ Aha. I said ‘hasn’t’ not ‘didn’t’.” Woohyun said, obnoxiously correcting me. I hate those kind of people. They correct you as if they know everything in the whole wide world – although I do that (yes, I am aware of the fact that I annoy people by doing that.)

“ So she can feel pain…?”
“ I guess.”
“ Make up your mind, woman!”
“ I don’t know! No one has had the guts to stand up to her and beat her down.”
“ You could have said that before I called you a woman!” I exclaimed. Calling guys a ‘woman’ is a very huge deal – especially if this particular guy happens to be a Lycanthrope.

“ Please. There is nothing about me that’s anything like a woman. Besides my perfectly good skin, of course.”

“ You mean the skin that becomes all hairy once you transform? That is perfect indeed.” I said and giggled at my own joke ( I am such a noob).

Woohyun rolled his eyes. “ Haha, very funny. You can’t see it but I’m dying laughing on the inside. And its fur, not hair. ”

“ Speaking of skin, don’t feel a little chilly?” I asked and right at that moment, I sensed it.

“ Time to run, dummy.” Woohyun said and put my hoodie on for me.

“ I’m starting to miss you calling me ‘mistress’.” I said and ran for my life. I was hoping to find a large rock to hide behind but unfortunately there weren’t any rocks at all – just snow, snow, snow and oh look, snow.

“ Would it hurt to hold my hand and run with me instead of leaving me in the snow?” I shouted and he grabbed my hand. This is my first time experiencing a snowstorm. My thoughts – I’m beginning to love summer.

“ Time for plan B.” He said. He gave me his stuff to carry which weighed a thousand pounds (talk about gentleman) and transformed into a werewolf. My thoughts – pretty scary. It is not a good idea to take a picture of him in the middle of transforming and it is definitely not a better idea to put that picture as your screen saver.

“ So I guess I have to ride on your back?” I asked. He gave me a what-do-you-think look. Under all that fur, I can still read his expression clearly.

“ This is my first time so back off.” I said and got on his back. I should get a saddle for him. The way I’m sitting is so not comfortable. To top it off, I’m carrying his stuff. Who does he think I am, she-hulk?

Woohyun ran as fast as he could through the storm but even he couldn’t overcome the horrible storm that is snow.

“ Come on, you can do it!” I cheered him on, hoping, just hoping it would work. He ran a bit more but then slowed down. All hope and what seemed like faith have been lost.

Just then, a horse as white as snow with giant wings walked towards us. I could hardly keep my eyes open and a last, I fell unconscious.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, I update!
It's been almost a year since I've updated this fanfic.
And man, I'm starting to miss it. (Not like I didn't miss it before, of course.)
So by all means, read the whole fanfic again if you completly forgot everything that happened.
'Cuz I know I have.

So if htere are any differences you find, please tell me and I will... most probably write the whole chapter again.
JUST KIDDING(?)

Pls subscribe, comment(if you do I might update sooner!) and upvote(if you want)!