Chapter 4

I Can Hear You

Chapter 4- No...

I opened the door to my bedroom. I saw Woohyun drying his hair with a towel. He was shirtless and a towel was wrapped around his waist. I automatically turned my back at him. Why did I come in at a time like this?

“ I b-brought my dad’s old clothes...” I stuttered. My heart was beating like crazy. I bet girls would go insane when they see his body. They’ll be taking pictures of his 6 packs and look at them all day. I don’t know, something like that.

How do I give him the clothes? If I turn around and give it to him, he’ll see my flushed cheeks and I have to walk to him, so I might fall, making a fool out of myself. Even if I fall, he’ll probably catch me, making everything awkward. Then, you know what happens next. Ugh, I’m such a ert.

I heard footsteps behind me. Woohyun took the clothes from behind.

“ Thank you~” he whispered in my ear. I quickly walked out and shut the door.

“After you change, come downstairs.” I said, loud enough for him to hear. I couldn’t stop thinking about his… you know.

*Stop thinking about it! You are better than this!* I thought to myself while slapping my cheeks.

“ Jieunnie, why are your cheeks red?” my mother asked me.

“ Mm… smells delicious.” I changed the subject.

“ As always.” My dad said before he pecked my mom’s cheek. I looked at the in disgust.

“ Didn’t I tell you guys to get a room?” I asked them.

“ If you’re jealous, go get yourself a boyfriend.” My mom said to me. Me? Jealous? Ok, maybe just a little bit. Who doesn’t want boyfriend?

“ Is that kimchi stew I smell?” Woohyun walked to the dining table.

“ You have korean food in Inferno?” I asked him.

“ Of course we have korean food. What do you think we eat? Cockroaches?” he said.

“ You two can eat now.” My mom said. I quickly sat down and I devoured my food. I stopped eating to savor the food in my mouth. I continued to scarf down my food.  

“ You’ll choke if you eat like that.” Woohyun said. I didn’t listen to him and ended choking on my food. I hit my chest with my fist repeatedly.

“ See? I told you.” He handed me a glass of water and patted my back. My mom looked at us as she rested her head on her palm.

“ You both look really cute together.” My mom said. My father nodded in agreement.

“ Just because he’s my protector, doesn’t mean that I’ll get married to him.” I said.

“ Who said anything about marriage?” My mom said with a mischievous smile . Why did I say that??? I looked at my lap with a red face.

After we finished eating, Woohyun and I offered to clean up.

“ When are we going back to Inferno?” I asked him.

“ The sooner, the better.”

“ Then should we leave tomorrow morning?” I asked. A tear trickled down my cheek. The truth is… I didn’t want to leave - ever. I was hoping that everything would be fine the next morning. Even if it was true(I’m not saying it isn’t), I wanted to spend more time with my parents and with Myungsoo. Of course, now I know that I wasn’t dreaming. If I back out now, everyone will be disappointed in me.

“ Don’t cry.” He said. I looked up at him. He wiped my tear away.

“ After you defeat the witch, I’ll bring you back. I promise.” He said.

Woohyun and I were watching television. He looked so engrossed in the drama. I unconsciously stared at him.

“ You should be focusing on the drama, not on me.” He said, not taking his eyes off the television.

“ I-I was just wondering where you got those injuries.” I lied. What else was I supposed to say? Tell him I was thinking about how handsome he looked?

“ I was supposed to go to your school last week, but I was involved in an accident. A car accident.” He said. My eyes widened in surprised.

“ A-A car accident?” I asked and he nodded.

“ I came to this world through a portal using a key.” He showed me the necklace he was wearing.

http://data1.whicdn.com/images/66392969/large.jpg

“ I didn’t think I would open a portal in the middle of the street.” He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

“ How are you here if you were in a car accident?” I asked him.

“ I heal faster than an average human being.” He said. I raised my brow.

“ So you’re not human?” I asked.

“ Nope. I’m a Lycanthrope.” He answered.

“ A Lycan- what?” I asked. I’m not into this whole Greek mythology thing, so how would I know? I don’t think anyone has even heard about it before.

“ A Lycanthrope  a.k.a a werewolf.” He told me.

“ Typical.” I said.

“ Excuse me?” He asked, feeling offended.

“ From all the fantasy fan fiction I read, the main character will either be a werewolf or a vampire. Mostly werewolfs.” I told him. He nodded in agreement.

“ Well, there are more Lycanthropes  than any other creatures in Inferno.” He said.

“ Are there any mythical creatures going to be extinct?” I asked out of curiosity.

“ Hm… there is one. Dragons.” He said.

“ You have dragons in Inferno???” I asked, a bit surprised.

“ Yup, such as a Ladon, Lernaean Hydra, the Colchian Dragon  and a few more.” He told me.

“ Does that mean I’ll get to see one in Inferno???” I asked him excitedly. When I was younger, I had a dream about a dragon. Ever since that night, I have always been very fond of dragons.

“ Maybe. Like I said, there are only a few dragons left in Inferno and most of the villagers have never seen one.” Woohyun said. It made me feel a bit depressed, but I was still confident I would see one.

“ Jieun, can you go to the convenience store and buy milk and cheese?” My mother asked me.

“ Sure.” I said and gave me the money. Just as I was about to exit my house, Woohyun stopped me.

“ I’ll come with you.” He said.

“ It’s okay. It’s not that far, so I can walk by myself.” I said.

“ I can’t let anything happen to you, even if you’re in this world. Basically, I have to follow you wherever you go. You know, to protect you.” He flashed a smile. I nodded and walked out of the house, followed by Woohyun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

“ If I didn’t come along, you would have been harassed by those two men.” Woohyun nagged.

“ Well, they didn’t.” I said to make him shut up and it obviously didn’t work.

“ But still! If it weren’t for me, you could have been !” He said. I couldn’t take it anymore.

“ I get it. If you weren’t there for me, I would have gotten or something. You don’t need to tell me again and again because I already know what you did for me. Thank you.” I said and walked ahead. I finally got rid of him!

The closer I got to my house, the more anxious I got. I don’t even know why. I can’t help but feel that way all of a sudden. The next thing I knew, Woohyun and I were in front of my house. I suddenly felt afraid to open the gate. For some unknown reason, my heart kept beating faster and faster.

“ What’s wrong?” Woohyun asked me in a concerned tone.

“ It’s nothing.” I said and smiled.

I heard groans of pain the moment I stepped in my house. I dropped the plastic bag that contained the milk and cheese and ran inside.

“ Yah!” Woohyun shouted and ran after me.

Everything in my house was destroyed. Not one item was in its original state. The ceiling was falling apart and the living room was buried in concrete. I could barely cross over.

“ Umma! Appa!” I shouted, looking everywhere.

“ Ji…eun.” I heard my mother call out. I found her in the kitchen. I saw a huge bite mark on her shoulder and blood was gushing out her stomach. I kneeled and took her hand.

“ W-what happened??? Where’s appa???” I asked, tears streaming down my face. How did something like this happen??? Who would do such a thing?

“ The… witch… and her… slave…” My mother managed to say. Woohyun kneeled beside me.

“ The witch? She did this to you???” I asked and she slowly nodded. Woohyun examined the bite mark.

“ This bite mark was made by a Lycanthrope…” He said.

“ Your father… he was… trying to… protect me… he didn’t make it.” My mother said and pointed at a pile of concrete. I put my hands over my mouth to prevent myself from screaming.

“ We have to go. It’s too dangerous to stay here.” Woohyun said and stood up.

“ No! I’m not going anywhere!” I shouted and shook my head frantically.

“ Listen… to Woohyun. You have to go… now. I don’t … have much time… left.” My mom let out another groan.

“ I’m not leaving you! I’ll take care of you and… and-”

 “ I know this is hard for you, but… Eden needs you. You’re the only one that… can save… them.”My mom said. She reached for my cheek and caressed it.

“ I love you.” She said and closed her eyes.

“ No…! Umma!” I shouted. I felt like I was going through a mental breakdown. Woohyun held his necklace that was still around his neck.

“ To Inferno.” He said and a portal suddenly appeared.

“ Let’s go.” He held his hand out. I took his hand and stood up.

I looked back before going through the portal. I spent my whole life here and not being able to come back… it hurts me.

Umma, appa… I will avenge you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys~

Chappie 4 is out! WOOOHOOOO
Wow… just, WoW!

I had to go Wikipedia to find all the mythical creature and blah blah blah…

BUT I am finally done with this chapter!
I feel so relieved*wipes imaginary sweat off*

I hope my english is okay…
There were a lot of things I didn’t know how to describe

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT AND UPVOTE(if you want)!

Bye~!