Chapter 3

I Can Hear You

Chapter 3-OMG

 

As usual, Myungsoo walked me home. I opened my bag to get my house keys, but it wasn’t there.

“ Something wrong?” Myungsoo asked me.

“ I can’t find my house keys. I must have left them at school.”

“ Aren’t your parents home?” he asked me.

“ No, they’re in Hong Kong. They’ll be back tomorrow.” I replied.

“ You can stay the night at my house if you like.” Myungsoo offered.

“ It’s okay. I’ll just go to school and get my keys.” I said. I left and ran to the school.

“ Hello? Guard?” I called, but there was no answer. That’s weird…? Won’t the guard be at the gate… guarding? How was I supposed to get it now? I could climb over it, but I might fall. Well, it’s worth a try.

I stepped on the railing in the middle of the gate. Then, I stepped on top of the gate. I took a deep breath and jumped over. I didn’t land properly on my feet and fell on my .

“ Ouch…” I muttered and stood up. At least I didn’t fall on my back or face. I looked around and saw the 2 guards sleeping in the corner. What if a thief snuck in? I should complain to the principal.

While I was walking to my classroom, I heard a door open. That couldn’t have been the guard. It could be a thief! Curious, I walked towards the sound. It led me to the library. The library? Who would want to steal from the library? Luckily for me, the door was left open. As soon as I walked in, I saw something glow.

It was my necklace. It was a faint glow. It became brighter as I walked past the shelves. I stopped at the shelf where my necklace became it’s brightest. I looked around me. No one was there. Just as I was about to walk away, a hand covered my mouth and pulled me in between the book shelves. I stomped on his foot, but he didn’t let go. I tried screaming, but that obviously didn’t work. He turned my head to him

“ It’s me!” he whispered. It was Woohyun.

“ Woohyun-ssi??? What are you doing here???” I asked him. I was pretty relieved when I saw him. At least I know it wasn’t a serial killer.

“ Your necklace… it-it’s glowing.” he said.

“ Yeah. It led me here.” I told him. He widened his eyes.

“ It led you… here?” he asked.

“ Yeah… why?” I asked him. Seriously, this is creeping me out.

“ Does that mean you’re my mistress?” he asked.

“ What on earth are you talking about???” I asked him. That’s it. This guy is crazy.

He picked up the book on the ground. He flipped through the book, looking for a page.

“ Read this.” he said and handed me the book.

“ This is about gemstones.” I said.

“ Just read it!”

“ 5 centuries ago, a mistress was born on the planet ‘Earth’. A ruby necklace would be given to the mistress at a young age. Once the mistress reaches the age of 18, she would have to find 12 gemstones to summon her powers. Once that is done, she can defeat the witch and return Eden to it’s peaceful nature once again.” I read out. I furrowed my eyebrows. I heard that particular paragraph before…

I looked at the cover of the book.

“ Eden?”

“ Yes, mistress. Eden. It was a land of paradise. It was peaceful until a witch killed both the king and queen. The witch now calls our land ‘inferno’.” Woohyun said.

“ Our?”

“ Yes. You’re my mistress, which means, you have to defeat the evil witch.”  he said.

“ I-I don’t believe you.” I said. Who would? Woohyun took a deep breath.

“ I know this sounds crazy, but you have to believe me. Please. I need your help. Eden needs your help.” he said with a worried tone. I could see the word ‘ worried’ written all over his face. He’s serious about this. He might be acting though.

“ I still don’t believe you…” I said, shaking my head slowly.

“ If you don’t believe me, I’ll have to make you believe.” he said. What he did next shocked me. He pulled me close to him and kissed me. He kissed me. On the lips. I tried to pull away at first, but he held me tighter. I then saw visions of a castle and a king and queen. After that, I saw a lady breaking into the castle. I couldn’t see her face, but I knew who she was. I saw the shocked faces of the king and queen. I was back in reality before I saw what happened next.

“ Believe me now?” he asked me. I couldn’t believe what I just saw. It’s real. This is all real.

“ Yes… I believe you.” I said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to my class and looked for my house keys. I found them under my desk. I sighed in relief and walked to Woohyun. The 2 guards were still sleeping.

“ Did you do this to them?” I asked him.

“ Sleeping dust.” he held up a small glass bottle with a cork closing it. We walked out through the small gate that was open all this time. I just had to climb over the gate. Great thinking, Jieun.

“ So, my great-great-great-great grandmother was the first mistress?” I asked Woohyun .

“ Yup.” he answered.

“ That means, my mom was a mistress too?” I asked and he nodded.

“ Since the witch is still alive, my ancestors has never defeated her?”

“ Actually, they couldn’t even touch her.”

“ How will I defeat the witch if my ancestors couldn’t even lay a finger on her?” I asked him, losing hope.

“ According to my father, you’re mush stronger than your ancestors.” he said. That made a feel a bit better.

The walk to my house was awkward. I had to come up with something to talk about.

“ Where do you live?” I asked him. I didn’t have any clue on what to talk about, so don’t judge me.

“ Um… nowhere.” he replied.

“ So you just came here without a plan.” I said.

“ My only plan was to find you. Other than that, I got nothing.” he said. I thought Woohyun would be much more… what’s that word… organized? Guess I was wrong.

“ Why don’t you stay at my place for the time being?” I offered.

“ Thanks for the offer mistress, but are you okay with me in your house? I won’t be a burden to you, will I?” he asked me. This guy is more thoughtful than I expected…

“ Of course I’m okay! I mean, what could happen?” I said.

“ Thank you, mistress.” he smiled. I could feel my cheeks heat up. I didn’t notice he was that handsome before.

“ D-don’t call me ‘mistress’. It sounds weird.” I said.

“ Okay, Jieun.” he said and smiled again. I turned around, so he couldn’t see my flushed cheeks.

Woohyun and I arrived at my house. I could hear voices in my house.

“ Did you hear that?” Woohyun asked me.

“ I sure did. They sound like my parents, but they’re supposed to be back tomorrow.” I said. I unlocked the gate and walked in.

“ Umma? Appa?” I called.

“ Jieun! Where have you been???” my mom hugged me.

“ I left my keys at school. I thought you guys weren’t coming back until tomorrow?”

“ We decided to come back early.” my mom said.

“ Jieun… who’s that?” my father asked, looking at Woohyun.

“ This is Nam Woohyun… my protector.” I answered.

“ Protector?You know about Eden?” my mom asked me. I nodded.

“ Why didn’t you guys tell me?”

“ We did once, but you were too young to remember.” my father said.

“ Woohyun-ssi, do you have the book with you?” my mom asked. Woohyun took the book out of his bag and gave it to my mom.

“ I haven’t seen this book in years.” my mom said and smiled softly.

“ Do you have anything else you wanna tell me?” I asked them. My parents looked at each other.

“ Well, as you already know, I was a mistress and-“

“ And I was a protector.” my father said. I widened my eyes. Does that mean I have to get married to Woohyun?

“ I never knew you were a protector.” I told my father. I never thought he could be a protector. No offense.

“ Then who do you think was your mom’s protector?” my father asked me.

“ I don’t know. Someone more masculine?” I shrugged.

“ To me, he’s the most masculine guy I have ever met.” my mother said and pecked his cheek.

“ Get a room.” I said in disgust and walked to my room. Woohyun followed me.

“ You’re just jealous!” my mom shouted.

“ It’s kind of sweet that your parents are still affectionate.” Woohyun said as he closed me bedroom door.

“ It’s disgusting.” I said.

“ But we kissed. Isn’t that disgusting?” he asked me. He just had to bring it up when I almost forgot about it. Thanks a lot, Woohyun.

“ You just wanted me to believe you.”

“ Are you sure?” he asked me. I punched him and went to the bathroom to wash up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chappie 3 is out~!

I DID NOT PLAGIARIZE THIS.
If you find any fanfics that are similar to this, it is all a coincidence.

I couldn't use the word 'prophecy' because my sister used it in her fanfic!
If I did use it, she'll think I plagiarized her fanfic(I think she does anyway)

ANYWAYS, I hope this chapter makes sense to you guys
Most importantly, I hope you guys enjoyed reading this.

Please comment, subscribe and upvote(if you want)!
Bye~