IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT (A Summary of Book 1)

THE SIREN --- Book Two
.
This is where the story begins anew...
.
.
.
STEAMY SUMMER NIGHTS...

In one fateful evening...lives and relationships were blown open and torn apart. Nobody expected it. The least of all, Enzo and Lena, where they finally admit to one another their true feelings.

On that same night, several character’s courses were altered.

Lena, to this day, believes that Lolo Ignacio is the mysterious writer Constancio Madrid. She discovered more clues around the house, which gives proof to what was revealed in her dream. She seriously thought of the reward she could get if she reveals his identity, but her plan was cast aside as her feelings for Enzo and his family grew fonder. That night, she encountered Janna's wrath. Fortunately, Enzo was there to protect her. Also, her friendship with Tinay is tarnished by the latter's jealousy towards her.

Enzo finally owned up to his feelings for Lena. He realized that night that he was holding on to Janna for too long. He and Lena found themselves in the balcony, admitting to each other how much they love one another. However, Enzo still has no idea that Lena was just a step away in discovering Madrid’s real identity. Enzo , being the real Madrid, is also starting on a new manuscript for his next novel...which was inspired by the budding relationship he had with Lena. Characters from the new novel were stepping out of the pages as Enzo reveals slowly how his feelings mirror those of the characters in his new book.

Janna, Enzo's bratty girlfriend, finally sees the proof she had been seeking all along. She had suspicions that Enzo has been secretly pining for Lena, and that night, when she caught them kissing in the balcony, was the validation she needed. She is set to leave the island.

Kristina or Tinay, the precocious servant girl, is Lena's best friend in San Nicolas. Unbeknownst to Lena, Tinay had ill feelings towards her, which was a sign of a growing psychological problem. That night, Tinay was proven guilty of ruining Lena’s dress for the party. In her shame, she ran away to hide from the other guests. She secretly pined for Enzo, but she knew Enzo had feelings for Lena. In her loneliness, she took solace in the arms of Paco, Enzo’s friend. What was supposed to be an attempt to beg for Paco’s affection, turned into a tumultuous tryst.

Rafael, childhood friend to Enzo, has this feeling that he is losing Lena to his friend. Lena once revealed to him that she actually loves Enzo. He and Lena pretended to be an item to see if Enzo will be jealous of them, thus proving his feelings for Lena. However, despite knowing Lena’s true feelings towards Enzo, Rafael still continuously shows his one-sided love to Lena. During the parade that same day, he volunteered to be the driver of the float that carried Enzo and Lena. As the night falls, feeling lonely from being constantly cast aside by Lena, he leaves quietly...missing the night’s multiple revelations.

Paco, Enzo's best friend and classmate in Manila, was caught under Tinay’s spell that night. He wasn’t able to shy away from Tinay’s attempt to seduce him. As she kissed Tinay, his girlfriend Liz, caught him in the act and broke up with him on the spot. He runs after her, but she wouldn’t speak to him.

Liz, Janna and Enzo's mutual friend, was very angry with her boyfriend Paco’s betrayal. She decides to go back to Manila the next morning. Despite her earlier, falling out with her friend Janna, she nevertheless decides to take Janna with her back to the big city. Summer was now officially over for them.

Pipo, Lena’s brother, was very much alive. He is now masquerading under the guise of one Eliseo Toribio. He was believed to be the only survivor of the capsized yacht. Riding on his celebrity status, Pipo is on the verge of hitting another intricate scam, and this time, he plans to involve the richest men of the south...and that includes the philanthropist Don Ignacio. On the night of the party, he sees Lena masquerading as Don Ignacio’s granddaughter. Confused by the new development, he hastily leaves the island before Lena sees him.

Don Ignacio and Dona Consuelo, the island's rich couple and Lena's adoptive grandparents, finally confronted Janna of their dislike for her. They had talked to one another of the possibility that their real grandson was having feelings for their fake granddaughter. They were all for it and on occasions, planned to bring the two together.

.
.
.
Our story starts the day after.

Now, that it was the morning after the night of unravelling, some of the character’s fate are now sealed.

As others remain in the island, little did they know that their lives will not remain quiet...and without conflict.

FOr, it took a storm to bring the siren to land, hence only a storm could bring her out of it as well....

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
END of PREVIEW