Two

The Vows [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘My manuscript was. . .rejected?!’ 

 

Jinri's voice filling across the white office,‘I spent two freaking months on that thing and you said it was rejected?!’ Her eyes are filled with anger, staring back at the long haired man resting his back on the leather chair.

 

‘Unfortunately, yes.’ Heechul blew through his nostrils, ‘Your manuscript was rejected.The publisher said it was unrealistic.’

 

‘Unrealistic?! What does the publisher know about writing and books?!’

 

Jinri almost losing her temper, but seeing Heechul so calm in front of her forcing herself to restrain from blowing up a lava of volcano through her head.Heechul was silent, not even a words coming out from his lip. He stood up, walking his way towards the cupboard and opening one drawer.Then he took a piece of white envelope and hand it out to Jinri.

 

‘If you're not going to believe me, see it for yourself.’

 

Confused, Jinri took the envelope , doubting nothing and opening without furthering a question. She read words by words, sighing at every paragraph that saying, “we're sorry,” over and over again until the last words saying, “we hope for a better future for you, ma'am.” Enraged, Jinri teared the paper apart into pieces and threw it on the floor.Heechul watched her in silence, not even bothering to soothe her down or telling her there's another chance.

 

‘Please, don't do this to me.’ Jinri mumbled,‘I'm getting married.This shouldn't be happening.’

 

Heechul sigh, slowly crouching down on Jinri's level and caressing her hair softly,‘It's not your fault, honey.It was the publisher.They don't want any of the genre you were writing anymore.’

 

Jinri looked up, her eyes were red from holding back her tears.‘Then, what do they want from me? Write about someone else's life and tell people how much he was idolize to others?’

 

There's a silence between them after Jinri said her lines.Heechul stared back at her with eyes full of inspiration and suddenly he the girl by her shoulder, shaking it lightly whilst smiling up to his ear.

 

‘That's the thing!Jinri honey, you should change your genre to biographic writer!’ his smile was getting wider.

 

Jinri stared at the bearded man with full of questions,‘Heechul, you know I can't write any biographic novel, right?’

 

‘That's not the problem, dear! Just let Heechul solve this  and you'll be the #1 best-seller writer in South Korea!’

 

Being confident of himself, Heechul pat the girl's shoulder like his idea was the best of all.For Jinri, the idea was the worst she ever heard in her life.Because her profession was writing romance novels, not a biography about someone and how should we take them as an example in life.No, just no.That's not her type of writing.

 

But, Jinri wasn't given any choice.She had to do it even thought how she hate that genre.

 

‘I can introduce you to someone I know to start with.’ Heechul was finally sitting back at his chair, calmly staring back at Jinri with a satisfied smile.

 

‘Who?’ Jinri ask back, her eyebrows arched in doubtness.

 

Heechul twitched his eyebrows, ‘Celebrities tho, who could it be? Jeez, Jinri. I know you don't have any friends besides that gyen — whatever — doctor girl.’

 

Jinri scoffed in mocking, ‘I'm a potato, didn't you notice that?’ she rolled her eyes in irritation whilst Heechul squinted his eyes at the writer.‘If you have found one, just call me back later. I had other viral things  to do.’ Jinri began to excuse herself from the man when suddenly she was stop by him calling her name.

 

‘You're not going to have a look?’ Heechul ask while pointing at his cellphone.

 

Jinri shook her head,‘It's okay.I take whatever person you choose.’ she furthered her steps then stop by at her mid-way and spun,‘Before I forget, just don't make me interview your gay friends.’

 

Heechul laughed,‘What would you do if I did?’

 

Jinri took a while to answer, and respond after she had thought of it.

 

 ‘I'll cut your balls off, that's a fact.’ she clutched tightly on her handbag with a sly smirk, ‘I'm not going to involve with your gayness since I'm getting married with a straight man, Heechul. ’ 

 

Jinri walked off from the office, leaving Heechul gaping in disbelieve with her words.

 

The Gatsby lobby was packed with people who were going for their lunch breaks.Sehun was still inside his office after a meeting with the company clients from Canada, typing and staring at whatever was on the laptop screen until the door was knocked,causing the man to feeling disturbed.

 

While Sehun being care less, suddenly a man wearing a grey suit coming in.Sehun lifted his head up to see the person, turned out he was laughing when the man sit back on the chair in front of his desk.

 

‘I told you not to come here often, Jongin.’ Sehun said while his eyes glued on the screen, ‘My workers won't be pleased to see you barging inside my office like you owned this building.’

 

Jongin scoffed, ‘Yah, it's not like I'm a thief or a burglar.’ He pursed his lip into a pout,silently pulling his eyes for a look inside the main office,‘How's it feel being the big boss here? Pretty awesome, wasn't it?’

 

Sehun shrugged,‘Nothing changed actually.’ his hands busy typing on the keyboard.‘But I got a little bit burden from the company clients.They're so picky.’

 

‘Clients are always like that, Sehun-ah.’ Jongin agreed on his words.

 

‘Yeah, but, you know how could I be when it comes to picky person, right?’

 

There's a silence between them before Jongin blurted out a question, ‘Don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter