One

The Vows [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Tuesday evening.

 

Jinri and her parents has just returned from her grandmother's funeral.It was really exhausting,and sadness still overwhelming the whole family.The old woman meant a lot to them; especially Jinri. Because the old woman was everything to her.She's the only family member she closed with and the only one who keep supporting her dream to be a writer.She's the one who encourage her to pursue her dream despite her parents wanted her to be a neurosurgeon.Jinri had nothing but to thank her grandmother in her whole existance.

 

And now she's gone.There's no one to talk to anymore.

 

Jinri sat on the wooden chair near a red wood cupboard,pinching her temples softly whilst staring back at their family potrait in front of her.She fixed her gaze on every of her family members; from left there was her older brother standing whilst smiling brightly,on the middle there was her,on the right side was her mother,on the left side,sitting in front of where her older brother stood there was her father and finally,next to her father was her late grandmother.

 

She stood up,and forwarding her step to the family potrait.She ran her fingers on the old picture hanging on the wall,caressing her long fingers on her late grandmother's face on the photo.Her words remain in her head,like a broken mixtape replaying inside.Jinri sigh,and turned around,only to face her older brother standing not far away from her.Jinri smiled bitterly.But before she could walk away from him,he called her name,

 

‘I heard you're getting married soon,” he stared at her without Jinri even sparing glance at him,‘Why didn't you tell me?’

 

‘It's none of your bussiness,Yunho.’ she said sternly,‘It's my own problem so stay away from it.’

 

‘I have my rights to know because I'm your brother,Jinri!’ Yunho's voice rose up,‘If you're getting married with a man you don't know,then it's my bussiness too!’

 

Jinri chuckled mockingly,‘Brother?What kind of brother that gone out of nowhere,then come again when the family were in verge of broken? Sorry,but I don't have that kind of sibling.’ 

 

‘Choi Jinri!’

 

Yunho's eyes flamed in fire.Apathetically,Jinri walked off from her brother to her room upstairs, ignoring his voice calling her name and shutting the door close harshly.

 

After coming back from the editor's office,Jinri stop by at her regular coffee shop at Myeongdong near the editor building and decided to have a simple talk with Krystal,her best friend since high school.

 

Jinri having sip of her regular caramel latte whilst flipping on her manuscript when accidentally she slipped her fingers off the mug,causing the hot substance to drop a little on her white pants.

 

‘Ah,!’ she muttered under her breath and taking a few plies of tissues from a box,‘Double s because I'm wearing white!’

 

Just when Jinri is busy cleaning her pants with the tissues,Krystal came with a slightly shock face like Jinri had been on an accident.

 

‘Oh my God,Choi Jinri!Are you on your period?’ Krystal gasped,and Jinri could only rolling her eyes at how stupid Krystal was.

 

‘It's latte,idiot!And it's not even a month after I had my last period.’ Jinri took another ply of tissue before wetting with a water.‘Get a hold of yourself,Krys.I'm okay,jeez.” she said after realizing Krystal was still staring back at her in horror.

 

Krystal let out a relief sigh and taking a sit on the chair in front of her.Jinri stop cleaning the stain on her pants after a few scrub,and turning her attention to Krystal.A waiter came to take an order, and Krystal ordered a garlic bread and a caramel macchiato.

 

‘So,what's the oh-so-important thing you want to talk about?’ Krystal ask she took a tas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter