03 Sweater Weather

Exo Couture

Use the sleeves of my sweater
Let's have an adventure
Head in the clouds but my gravity's centered


“So what you’re telling me is you want to stay an extra few days?” Lay deadpans from across the small round table. They’re at a quiet coffee shop that Kris likes to swing by every time he’s in Seoul, the place is on top of a little hill that overlooks a small part of the city. The walls are lined with chalkboards that the customers are free to draw on; some even sport a few signatures from recognizable celebrities.

Kris swirls his iced vanilla late with his straw a few times before giving the male in front of him his best impression of a puppy face. “It’s only until Saturday Yixing, I swear I’ll be on the first trip to Hong Kong by midnight.”

Lay’s face softens at use of his real name; Kris knows just how to get to him it seems. They’ve known each other for a while now, having met long before they were Kris and Lay, back when Wu Yifan was just a kid who hit puberty too soon and had dreams that stretched for miles.

“Alright, but I’m still going to go as originally planned. That way at least one of us is making sure everything is going smoothly.” Lay responds, sipping his tea thoughtfully, he doesn’t miss the grin that spreads throughout Kris’ face like wildfire, rare pink gums making an appearance.

Kris takes a sip from his latte in an effort to convey nonchalance but deep down he knows Lay can see right through him. The blonde wonders what he should wear, or worse, what will Kyungsoo wear? Pushing back those troublesome thoughts Kris chooses to focus on the now instead. The extra time he has in Seoul can come in handy in more ways than one, after all didn’t he promise that one designer he’d stop by the next time he was in town…

____

“The CEO will see you now”

Kris nodded in the direction of the receptionist who only continued to tap on the sleek black keyboard with her manicured nails and entered the room.

The office was well furnished and has cliché windows all over the back wall giving you an almost breathtaking view of Seoul. There’s a black haired handsome man leaning on the desk as Kris walked in, his face immediately breaks into a smile upon seeing the taller male.

“Kris!” He exclaimed coming forward to give him a hug. “Suho!” Kris replied warmheartedly returning the man’s hug.

Suho was the CEO of MIRACLES a popular South Korean fashion and underwear line. He’s a young CEO who had inherited the company after his father had passed away. The two met during a fashion show in Milan and hit it off immediately. The reason they had never collaborated before though was because Kris’ fashion line is more edgy and risqué while Suho’s company focused on suits and a more mature look.  Naturally they clashed, but that made it better for their friendship. There was no need to worry about competition in their respective areas.

Recently however Kris decided it was time XOXO needed something new something to spice up their collections. Something along the lines of their very own underwear line. Which Kris has fondly taken to calling it KISS & HUG. It’s going to feature both men and women’s designs with a touch of y a taste of and a whole lot of black. To say the CEO was excited about it would be an understatement.

Taking a seat on one of the plush leather couches the office had to offer he began to relay his goals to Suho, the shorter male went through various facial expressions ranging from a mildly interested quirked eyebrow to a full-blown on are you kidding me look and finally settled on a sigh how can I say no to you.

Kris leaned back on the couch satisfied. Normally there was no need to collaborate when starting a new project for XOXO but because they were venturing into completely new territory having such a renowned label like MIRACLES backing them up would surely bring in the kind of numbers Kris wanted.

Which is exactly why Kris wants to start up an underwear line, yup, it has nothing to do with the fact that he’ll be seeing half gorgeous runway models wearing y underwear all the time, nope, nothing to do with that.

He thinks back to Kyungsoo, would the shorter boy appreciate if Kris gifted him with underwear of his new line? He would be getting early access to the new designs, a special sneak peek if you will. But thinking about Kyungsoo and underwear at the same time was not such a good idea Kris begins to realize as thoughts of Kyungsoo in y spiked boxers begin to imbed themselves in his brain. No, bad Kris, we’re doing business right now.  You hear that, B U S I N E S S adult things, think of Kyungsoo later or at least when you’re not going to imagine him half .

If Suho notices Kris’ startlingly weird behavior in the past few seconds he doesn’t comment on it and instead begins to write a formal proposal for the collaboration. Even though he’s the CEO all the main shareholders have to agree on the proposal as well which seemed likely considering XOXO was a hot brand these days.

“Everything should be good to go within a few days. I’ll have my receptionist email your receptionist some documents you’ll need to look over and sign.” Suho glaced at Kris who only looked like he was paying half attention to whatever he said. The younger male let out a chuckle, same old Kris it seemed.

“It right around time for my lunch, mind joining me? There’s a lovely little bistro close by here-and yes they use all organic ingredients.”

At hearing the word organic the blonde haired man immediately perked up. “Then what are we waiting for.” He replied, lifting himself off the soft velvety chair and taking a second to fix his hair in the reflection of the glass window before trailing behind Suho as they left the office.

____

Throughout the rest of the week Kris had in Seoul the blonde was surprised he actually made it useful. He met with countless people from big CEO heads to small shop owners in Gangnam and while to others it just seemed like two friends having dinner together, it was actually Kris gaining some connections that might come in handy in the future. Surprisingly his streak of busyness lasted up till Saturday when he met for lunch with the vice president of a rather large Shoe Manufacturer. Kris had beforehand decided to take Saturday off and use the day to prepare himself for his maybe probably a date with a certain cute doe eyed boy, but the call came early in the morning and Kris new Lay would kill him if he rejected to meet with one of Lay’s favorite brands. So with his usual charming smile and suave Kris tried to subtly breeze past the lunch meet.

It was a shorter but charming younger male called Jongdae whose mouth curved up curiously whenever he smiled or laughed, but who was Kris to judge when his own smile was no prize either. Jongdae ran a bit late (in which Kris had to hold back his annoyance for) and apologized profusely before ordering the most expensive items on the menu too make up for it. Although this was the opposite of what Kris wanted as he still had to eat later with Kyungsoo and a home cooked meal appealed to him more than whatever fancy French dish was placed in front of him.

They chatted about whatever topics came to mind and they usually didn’t stray far from fashion. It wasn’t anything to be proud of for but every time Jongdae was distracted Kris tried to subtly either hide the food or cut it up small enough to make it seem like he was eating. As much as he wanted to appeal to this particular shoe company there was no way he was going to jeopardize his hot date later. Or so he kept telling himself as he stared at his plate sadly, maybe skipping breakfast wasn’t such a good idea.

Eventually Jongdae redeemed himself by being quite funnier than expected and Kris was surprised at how quick the time past and how much he was actually entertained. So when they both said their goodbyes and Kris was back in his car the time was a startling 5:00pm. He had to meet up with Kyungsoo in an hour!

With a startled yelp he quickly demanded his driver to step on it back to his hotel. Luckily, Kyungsoo didn’t live too far from where Kris was staying therefore he might just have enough time to make himself presentable and drive to Kyungsoo’s apartment while only being fashionably late. Which in Kris’s case was more than acceptable (and even expected)

Never in Kris life has he chosen to take stairs rather than an elevator but ever since he’s met Kyungsoo he’s been doing some pretty strange things. Bursting into his apartment with heavy breathing and gross sweat the taller male jumped into his shower and quickly washed off his grime for the day and copious amounts of hair product jumping out afterwards just as quickly, Kris put on the backup outfit for the day (which he had fortunately made in case an event like this happened) It consisted of smooth D&G black slacks with a matching black dress shirt, completely ironed to perfection. But this outfit was incomplete without Kris’ signature flare so he threw on his favorite gold collar clip chain with diamonds encrusted on it and a pair of black diamond studs. He figured Kyungsoo wasn’t one for flashier outfits so something a bit more subtle y (but screams rich ) would be right up his alley; at least Kris hoped it would be.

Now, on to the next problem, hair.

The previous night the blonde made an incredible number of calls to various hair salons in order to find the perfect one and made a very precise appointment. But checking his watch-5:30pm there was no time for him to go get his hair done.

He held his breath and looked at the hair drier that was hanging on the bathroom wall. It had to be done.

Kris was no hair expert but he had enough experience with stylists to pick up some techniques and tricks. After managing to make it at least somewhat presentable, if not sturdy, he was out of his hotel in a flash. But something was still missing….a gift!

Racking his head for ideas as he stepped out of the hotel, a nearby flower shop caught his attention from the corner of his eye. It was a cliché and not the price range Kris had originally thought to spend but it would have to do.

Roses where too boring so the blonde settled on a white orchid that even came with its own pretty vase. It was sleek and quite fashionable and a perfect complement to his all black outfit. Feeling giddy from his impending date Kris found himself humming a little tune during the car ride and giddily stepped out once they had arrived in front of the apartment complex. Sparing a moment to fix his pants, he walked into the building.

 


tumblr / twitter