Chapter 9

Breaking the Ice Hearts

 

CHAPTER nine

 

“What is the news back in Korea, Jeffery?” Ms. Ok clutched the cell phone as she stared into the view of an open window. On the other end of the line was Jeremy, the driver.

“I’m not sure if I should be the one telling you this, Mrs”

She let out a sigh of frustration, handling damage control isn’t easy when you are in a different country, and “I’d like to hear it before I see it in the newspapers”

“Yoona had to be given a check-up”

“For what... She can’t be pregnant already right?”

“No Mrs, She fainted”

She gave a sad chuckle, “I’m surprised it took this long with her health... Well, I need to go. Just keep me up to date. Thank you again.”


“Yoona, what are your plans in the future?” Jaebom was the first to speak up after such an awkward introduction.

Yoona awkwardly sat beside Taecyeon, her husband. She was fighting to stay upright as her body seemed to want otherwise. To the Jay’s question, she wasn’t sure what to say to him; she barely knew if she was going survive tomorrow anymore.

“Oh sweetheart” Jessica tried to change the subject after the silence, “Didn’t you say you were hungry from the flight?” She slightly turned to her husband, giving me a signal to play along.

It took Jay less than a second to realize, “Yes... I almost forgot! I’m starving!”

Yoona rose up already heading to the kitchen doors, “NO!” Automatically Taecyeon grabbed a hold of Yoona’s small hand. He wasn’t expecting such a cold hand, but he wasn’t exactly expecting to react this way. She turned around with slight shock in her eyes that only Taecyeon was able to recognize, but she never spoke. Their eyes met and confusion was written in their eyes. Taecyeon quickly dropped his hand onto his lap, gripping his knees.

“You need to rest”

Yoona slightly tilted her, still not speaking but then turned around and began walking again.

Jay chuckled, “Women... what can you do?”

“I’ll help Yoona” Jessica offered, she got up and followed behind the small figure.

Taecyeon buried his face into his face, “I’m such an idiot”

“You realized that now?”

“Shut up man! I feel like this is my first time with a girl”

Jay looked up him, confused. “What do you mean?”

Taecyeon lifted his head from his hands only to lay his head on the back of the couch, “I’m a screw up whenever she’s around... man, I can barely understand her”

“I swear you have a pretty good understanding for Yoona”

“What are you talking about-?”

Just then the two girls had walked in with a tray in their hands, “Yoona is a great cook!”


“Thank you”

“It was amazing”

“...Yeah... thanks”

Taecyeon was the last to speak, careful to pick his words. Yoona nodded in reply, already picking up utilises on the table. Jessica smiled as she began to help. She was amazed with Yoona; she never met anyone with such a unique personality. There was something about Yoona that made Jessica curios to learn more about the beauty.


“Yoona, why don’t I take you upstairs to rest?” Jessica offered as she noticed Yoona’s small frame slightly swaying back and front. Taecyeon automatically looked to his side, finding his wife fighting to stay up. He placed his hand to Yoona’s back; noticing how a light touch one could already feel her spine. He supported her as she rose up and then Jessica took her into her arms. She guided her all the way up the stairs into the room. This girl was amazing her more and more; this girl was made of skin and bones... where was the fat? Jessica was skinny too, but she had muscle here and there.

“Lay down carefully”

“Thank you” Yoona gave a faint smile before tiredness consumed her

Jessica stared in disbelieve, Tiffany had sent her emails mentioning a new sister-in-law that changed her view on life. She had spent a few hours with the small girl and she already knew this girl had a different path... and she was taking Taecyeon along with her, whether he liked it or not.

She knew one thing for sure thought... Yoona’s presence was going to affect everyone.


Days passed, unusual. The couple had decided to spend their time at the Ok mansion; Taec wasn’t the one to refuse. With the help of the two couple the awkward atmosphere had subsided. Even Yoona cracked a smile when she was with Jessica. It was more of a surprised that Jay got Yoona to laugh at one of his jokes. As much as Taec was happy that awkwardness was disappearing, it had slightly bothered him that it had taken them a few days for Yoona to warm up to them but his relationship with her was still in question. Often Jessica would accompany Yoona while she was resting, once in awhile the boys would visit them or vice versa.

It was a simple afternoon; the boys were in a mist of a video game- playing on the group with their eyes glued on the screen. The girls were seating on the couch, Yoona consumed in her business textbook and Jessica reading a fashion magazine.

DING DONG

“Were you expecting a guess, Taec?”

“N-”DINNNNNG DOOONG DINGGGG DONNNNNG

“What the heck?DING DONG DING DONG!

“Bro, answer the door already!”


“What the hell are you guys doing here?!” Taecyeon half yelled

“Chill man” Junho pushed his way in followed by Wooyoung, Chansung and Junsu.

“Atleast wait until I let you in!” He yelled as the boys were already entering the living room. After a few minutes there were yelling in the room, then loud sounds only made when two bodies hit each other. Taecyeon walked into the scene with the boys all surrounding the short Jay; one by one grabbing his hand and hitting shoulders (like how the boys say their hello’s to their boys)

“Bro, you never told us you were here”

“I told Chansung”

“... I forgot”

“Whatever man! Come on- let’s grab some beers and catch up!”

“No way I’m letting you boys leave especially since you never even said hello” Jessica stood with her arms cross.

The boys laughed as one by one they happily greeted the beauty.

“But I’m not kidding, I’m not letting you off by yourselves!”

“Awwwwww why not?” Junho pouted

“I’m not letting the strip club happen again... Tiffany warned me to a watch over you guys while she’s overseas”

“She left?” Wooyoung asked

“But- but-but come on!” Jay pouted as he moved toward his wife.

Jessica smirked, “I have an idea”

“What...?” Her husband stopped

“Let’s go to the beach!” 

--PART TWO --

“So are we going or what?... I have people waiting for me!” Wooyoung put his hands behind his head, waiting impatiently as the rest of the group awaited for Jessica’s go.

Jessica gave him a glare before turning to the rest of the group, “I’m sorry. Tiffany told me to wait”

“Is she coming?” Wooyoung asked, casually.

“She never told me that, but she just said to wait” Jessica moved from the single seat to the arm of the couch, right beside her husband. Automatically, his arm wrapped around her waist.  The rest pretended not to notice the sweet moments, expect Wooyoung. He rolled his eyes before he turned his attention on his cell phone.

Junho glanced at Wooyoung, he recalled an important appointment, “Does anyone remember when I was suppose to pick Hyoyeon up?”

“Didn’t you say 3:30?” Junsu, hiding his laughter.

Junho checked his watched. His eyes widen at the time, “OMO! It’s 3:40! She’s going to hit me this time....” He rose up from his seat.

DING DONG!

Junho turned around, confused. “Taec, were you expecting someone?”

The group turned to face Taecyeon who was across the room, away from the quiet Yoona. He too was confused. He shook his head, “No, I wasn’t”

“Maybe it is Tiffany” Chansung spoke up.

He shook his head again, “She has a key to the house, she doesn’t need to ring the door”

DING DONG!

“Let the maid get it then...” Wooyoung suggested.

Immediately Yoona got up from her seat and began walking toward the front door. Taecyeon’s eyes widen, and he quickly followed behind into the hallway- away from the group.

“WAIT!” he whispered making Yoona stop in her track and cautiously turned back to face her husband. “Let me get the door... it might be someone...”

Yoona looked at him oddly. It took him a moment to realized that he didn’t finish his sentence, “Someone bad... it might be someone bad”

She stared at him, locking him in his spot. God, she probably thinks of me as an idiot...

Yoona turned away from him without any warning and began walking away. He lightly grabbed her wrist, aware of the state she is in at the moment. He gulped, scared.

He hadn’t been this scared since he broke Tiffany’s favourite glass doll when she was 12... All hell broke loose in the mansion. He remembered having to be treated by the doctor’s. He learned a valuable lesson though, never touch Tiffany’s things.

“I’ll get it... just stay here, alright?”

He didn’t wait for a reply. He let her wrist go, and began walking toward the door without even looking back at Yoona. He took a deep breath before he grabbed the door knob. Please don’t let it be a masked murder!

“Hello” The short, brunette haired- girl smiled, waving casually.

Taecyeon looked the girl in confusion. He has never seen this girl in his life, at least he swear he hasn’t.

“I’m sorry... do I know you?”

“Oh-OH!” She blushed in embarrassment- waving her hands franticly, “No... No, you don’t. I was sent here by Tiffany... you know her right?”

“Tiffany...?” He asked confused, “As in my sister?”

“Your sister?... OH! You must be Taecyeon!” The short girl smiled as she bowed.

“And... you would be?”

“Taeyeon unnie... my cousin”

Both Taecyeon and Taeyeon were shocked at Yoona’s voice. He assumed she would go back with the group, but it has seemed she stood her ground watching him the whole time. Taeyeon’s eyes brighten at the sight of her cousin, her smile had got bigger.

“YOONA!” 

-- PART THREE --

“What is taking them so long?” Junho checked his watched, 3:47. His eyes widen, “Hyoyeon is defiantly going to be mad!”

 

“Call her” Jay suggested

“She dropped her phone in the mud last week when it rained. She is waiting to get a new one still” Junho sighed in frustration. It was beginning to feel as if he was the girlfriend and she was the boyfriend who wasn’t easy to contact. He finally understood when his girlfriend complained that she could never contact him when she needed him.

“Girls... what can you do?- OUCH!” Jay received a slap in the head from Jessica.

“Boys... what a bunch of idiots” She stood up, and moved closer to the door.

Wooyoung chuckled, “Together with the same girl for how many years... and still you have no game” Then he turned to Jessica, who was turned away from the boys, a waiting  for Yoona and Taecyeon. “Don’t worry Jessica; you are an expectation to the stereotypes.  You are an amazing women, beautiful inside and out... and Jay is lucky to have you, right Jay?”

“Yeah...” Chansung nudged, “YEAH!... I’m sorry baby if I offended you”

Jessica rolled her eyes but smiled. The fight was over.

Jay smiled toward Wooyoung, he mouthed thank you. Wooyoung just smirked and turned away.

“I think I hear them coming back” Junsu was next to Jessica

“Omo... I hear them too!”

“Who is the other voice?”

Taecyeon entered the room first. He glanced at everyone first with a slight odd expression on his face. It was hard for the group to understand because his expression changed into an awkward smile when Yoona walked in arm-in-arm with a short, milky-skin, and brunette. She greeted everyone with a bright, beautiful smile.

“Hello, I’m Taeyeon. Yoona’s cousin”

Everyone looked at her, surprised. Yoona has never mentioned any living family members. Though she never spoke a lot, they assumed that she lived alone.

When no one answered, Taeyeon spoke up again, “I was sent here by Tiffany since she couldn’t be here”

Jessica clapped her hands together, “YAY! Better for Yoona and me” She embraced the short girl, “Welcome to the family!”

Taeyeon giggled but hugged back.

When they released, Jessica introduced the rest of the group.


It was decided; the 3 girls would be in Jay’s and Jessica’s rental 5 seated BMW, while the 8 boys would take Chansung’s SUV. This would give time for both genders to bond.

Junsu drove the SUV with Junho in the front seat giving directions. In the middle was Jay and Wooyoung, leaving Taecyeon and Chansung in the back seat.

In the order car was Jessica as the driver with Yoona seated quietly in the front seat. Taeyeon- in the back – spoke the mostly with Jessica. Taeyeon was well aware that Yoona wasn’t into conversing so she didn’t try too hard to involve her. She was already out of her element- she didn’t want to push her even more since she was already uncomfortable.

“How close are you to Yoona, Tae?” Jessica already had a nickname of the short cutie.

“We were closer when we were younger actually- but for the past year I haven’t been about to contact her!” She laughed- trying to hide the seriousness in the story, “I guess I know why!”

Jessica smiled, “I’m glad Yoona has family then... I really thought she was alone in the world before the Ok family. ”

Taeyeon just smiled along, knowing the truth.

Another ten minutes passed when Jessica’s phone began to feel the car with her ringtone.

“Yoona, can you get that please? Just put it on speaker”

Yoona obeyed and soon Junho’s voice was heard, “Hello... Hello? Jessica, can you hear me? I said, Jessica-”

Jessica laughed, “I’m here, Junho! What’s wrong?”

“Sorry- bad connection there!... Anyway we are just going to take a detour”

“Huh?... Why?”

“This idiot here forgot to pick up Hyoyeon!” It was Junsu’s voice that answered, followed by the laughter of the boys.

“Alright... alright... Shut up, guys! - Jess, Just keep following the car”


“Oh my gosh baby! What happened to you?” Junho’s voice was apologetic.

Hyoyeon stood infront of the studio in crutches, her leg ankle wrapped in bandages.

“YAH! What happened to 3:30?! It’s almost 4:30! AISSSH! If I could hit you I would!!!”

“I’m so sorry Hyo” Junho quickly grabbed her gym bag.

At the same time, Jessica finally got there. She rolled down her window looking at Hyoyeon in confusion.

“Hyo, what happened?”

“Jess- Wait... you’re back?!” Hyoyeon’s eyes lighten and a smile formed on her face.

“Yup, Jay is in the other car... you coming?”

Hyoyeon’s face slightly dropped, “Coming where?”

“The beach, silly”

“YAH!” Hyoyeon turned to Junho, “You didn’t tell me about the beach! I have a sprained ankle!”

Junho looked defenceless. Wooyoung rolled down his window, “Hyo, look it isn’t his fault... at least this time.  Tiffany wanted us to wait for someone. Please, you’re making Junho look  like a lost puppy here... it’s sort of embarrassing to see him this way”

“YAH!”

Hyoyeon laughed, “I’m going with Jessica then”

“Just get in- we’ll do introduction in the car!” Jessica yelled, laughing. 

 

Image

 

 author's note:Part three for you lovely readers. I finally got 50 subscribers... I didn't expect for so much people reading my little story. Thank you thank you thank you! This is why I did part three so quickly. Next and last part will have the whole "disaster". Let's just say, if you can't swim... stay out of the water. And if you don't want to get photograph, stay home. ;) ALSO after this chapter, it will probably be another 2-3 weeks until another chapter because my exams are coming up at the end of the month.

 

» layout credit