Chapter 7

Breaking the Ice Hearts

CHAPTER seven

 

“Dude, are you sure about this?” I heard Chansung asked.

Junsu added, “Yeah man, I don’t think this is a great idea”

“Hyoyeon is going to kill me if she finds out” Junho said.

All of them sounded worried, but I wasn’t willing to look at them. My eyes stayed planted at the window, looking at the streets of Seoul. It had got dark since we left the mansion; Taecyeon had decided it would best fit to take the limousine for this occasion. I couldn’t say anything. I have no opinion. The boys must be scared to have their perfect image ruin of this matter, but clearly Taecyeon is fine. I could sense his smirk, as he casually sat at the other end of the back seat.

“Just think of this as long due bachelor party!” Taecyeon cheerful said. I could slightly see his expression... Was that pride? But how should I know, right?

“Whatever man” Wooyoung finally gave up.

When the car finally stopped, I heard the door open with a sound of a laugh from Taecyeon, “This will be fun” When I decided to look, Taecyeon was already entering through the back door, without even one glance at me. I never expected anything from him, he owed me nothing. On the other hand, the rest of the boys said their apologies- why were they saying sorry? - And said their goodbyes. I watched as the Chansung finally entered the building.

Jeffery started at me through the rear-view mirror- Is he expecting something to happen? - We continued to stare at each other. I seriously had no idea what he wanted from me... he looked worried... but what for?

“Ma’am, are you okay?” His voice was calm.

I nodded my head, really having no idea why he was asking me if I was okay. I wasn’t physically hurt... Taecyeon hadn’t really laid a finger on me lately. He started the engine after another period of silence. We drove around town in silence. I just stared at the streets; watching the movements of the busy Seoul. It’s amazing how late people stay up... Wait I do that too- well at least to.

“Ma’am, are you hungry? Would you like to stop and get something to eat?” Jeffery asked looking at the rear-view mirror again. We had stop because of a stoplight. I hadn’t realized that I was spacing out again with the thoughts of my mother.

Was I hungry? I wasn’t sure actually. I’m use to skipping meals for most part of my life- and even now it’s a habit I’ve yet to break. There would be days were I would skip all three meals. It wasn’t because I was starving myself because of beauty reason. When I was younger, my family had barely any money to pay the bills that I’d learn to skip meals. My mother hated it when I would do that; she use to say that’s how I got this skinny.

“No, I’m not but thank you Jeffery” I finally decided I wasn’t hungry.

...Was Taecyeon hungry though?

At least two hours had passed since we separated so he could go to the strip club. Did strip clubs even serve food? I asked Jeffery to take me back. Would he hurt me if I wasn’t there to get him food? I wasn’t sure really... Taecyeon had major mood swings. I watched as the limousine entered through the back doors again. It was a way to hide our identities from the public.

“Would you like me to get Taecyeon for you?” Jeffery kindly asked.

“No thank you, I’d like to do it myself” I answered back. I don’t enjoy when someone else was doing my work... isn’t that what you call lazy?; but I hate the idea of letting the maids clean up my mess when I was perfectly healthy to do it myself- of course they won’t let me clean... but I still help out when I can.  

I opened the back door without a problem, stepping into a dark, smoky, narrow hallway, door after door on each side of the wall. The walls bounded off the sound of different sounds of music, and giggling. Where the heck am I? Isn’t a strip club full of men and half women... so where am I? As I slowly wanted down the narrow hallway, there was constantly the sound of moans.

“FASSSSSSSTER.... AHHHHHH!”

Oh my God! My body froze at the sound of another moan. My stomach wasn’t feeling good anymore, I suddenly needed fresh air and the smell of smoking wasn’t helping me. I need to get out of here but my body won’t let me. What is going on with me lately? I don’t belong here... In a strip club... So why am I here? Finally my body followed the orders inside my head and my legs moved forward, further into the narrow hallway. This was totally wrong and I knew it.

“HAHA... take it off.”

That laugh, that voice. I knew it off by heart now. I could feel my heart beating faster.  Taecyeon was in one of these rooms doing God knows what. I need to get out of here. I wanted to leave... really I do. If Taecyeon were to find out I was here, my body would become a punching bag, but I couldn’t leave. My legs followed to where I had heard his laugh. I stopped as I reached the door. Slowly and without a sound, I opened the door- just a crack, so I was able to peek inside the room, and immediately regretted my decision. I suddenly wanted to puke at the site I just saw.

Though I was only able to see the back of a man’s head, I instantly knew who it was- Taecyeon. He was sitting comfortably on the couch, he back to the door. There were three half- girls with him... only in their underwear. They were full of make-up like those girls you see at the side of the road. One was sitting on his lap, too consumed on his neck, another was on the other side of him, nibbling on his ear, and the last was turned around, bending over- giving him a site of her .

My hand landed on my heart, feeling bothered what I was seeing before me... this was totally wrong. Quickly but quietly I closed the door. As I began to walk back to the exit, my eyes stayed glue on the floor. I felt sick and bothered... I shouldn’t be seeing this disgusting site... I quickly my step, feeling disgusted with myself, gripping my collar of my sweater, until I stopped from a hard wall. I stepped back, bowing in apologies,

“Yoona?” It was a familiar voice, and instantly I felt calm. My eyes landed on a familiar blond-haired, baby face... It was him. That stranger at the club, “What the hell are you doing here?” He asked, confused.

“I-I-I” I couldn’t answer... what am I suppose to say to him?

Without a word, he grabbed my arms and wrapped his strong arms around me. The feeling of sickness subsided. We must have stayed in a hug for some time because I was being to feel tired... not from the lack of sleep... but I was just tired... from everything. He pulled me away, but still kept a hold of my arms. He looked at me for sometime before he spoke up... He looked as if he was looking for an answer,

“Are you alright now?” I simply nodded, “Yoona, what are you doing here? A girl like you doesn’t belong in a place like this!”

“You don’t belong here...?” I spoke up; he was too kind to belong to such a dirty place.

“Nickhun. Call me Nickhun” He gave me a sweet smile, “You still never told why you are here”

“I-” But I was cut off

“DUDE! IS THAT YOU?” Yelled from a distance, but I knew it was Junho. My body froze as I heard footsteps coming closer. Nickhun looked at me with worried eyes, “Hide” he whispered, and he placed me behind him. Lucky, my small frame was covered by his slightly-built frame and the smoky air.

“What the hell... I could have sworn that you were with Taec’s wife?” From the side of Nickhun, I saw Junho turning side to side in confused, “ man, this place is too smoky, I think it’s affecting my brain” He laughed and Nickhun laughed along, “Anyways, when did you get here? I thought you were in Thailand for that fan signing? Why didn’t you tell us you were coming back today?”

Fan signing?

“One, I just landed about an hour ago. And two, I did. Check your text messages once and awhile. Chansung told me that you guys were here”

“Thank God you’re here now. Taec is going insane!”

“What happened this time?” Nickhun’s voice was soothing, but I could clearly hear his worry.

“ man... you wouldn’t like it” Suddenly Junho’s phone began to ring, “Sorry Khun, its Hyoyeon” He walked away with the phone in his ear.

“Hey baby... sorry...” He said before his body and voice disappeared when he turned a corner.

Nickhun turned around to face me once again, wearing a worried expression on his face.

“Yoona, are you alright?” He placed his hands on my elbows, as if he was holding me up, “You don’t look alright”

“I’m fine” I shook his hands off, “I just need-”

“HOLY ! NICKHUN IS THAT YOU?!”


Yoona’s body froze up at the sound of the voice. Nickhun wanted to ask her what was wrong, but his friend was waiting for a reply. Hesitantly, Nickhun turned around; in the process he had grabbed one of Yoona’s hands and holding it tightly behind his back.

She felt slightly uncomfortable with a stranger holding her hand... it’s not every day someone was willing to hold her hand. As much as she wanted to pull away, she couldn’t... her hand felt too comfortable wrapped around his. His presence had a calming effect on Yoona.

“Khun, didn’t you hear me down there?” Taecyeon asked, now only a few feet away.

“Yeah, I heard you perfectly clear”

Taecyeon knew then something was wrong, “Yo is something bothering you?”

“Nothing...Just pretty tired” Nickhun gave Yoona a tight squeeze. Yoona jerked her arm in shock. A slightly movement from her small frame, but Taecyeon was able to see that someone was behind Nickhun.

“Who’s that?” Taecyeon began to smirk, “You’ve been here less than an hour and you already picked up a girl!” He chuckled, “Now you’re learning!”

Yoona moved again, feeling more tired now... the smoke must have got to her brain.

“Let me see her!” Taecyeon’s mood changed immediately when he saw a familiar hair-style in a bun.

“Are you alright man?” Nickhun sounded worried again, shocked with the sudden change in his friend’s mood.

He took a step closer, “Let. Me. See. Her!” He growled.

“Taec... what’s wrong?”

“ MAN... LET ME SEE THE DAMN GIRL!”

Hesitantly Nickhun pulled Yoona by their connected hands forward; hiding her would only make things worse when Taecyeon was already angry.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?” He yelled at Yoona. She merely ducked her head, her eyes locked on the floor. Her body was stiff, and Nickhun noticed the quick change in temperature in her.

“HELL WOMEN ANSWER ME!”

No answer.

Taecyeon grabbed the Yoona’s other hand, finally realizing that her other hand was occupied, “So now you’re a huh?”

“TAECYEON!” Nickhun yelled, feeling the need to defend Yoona, “What’s wrong with you? You have no right to talk to her that way!”

“YOU” Taecyeon looked up, stepping closer to Nickhun, “Stay out of this” He warned.

He yanked Yoona’s arm so hard she had lost her balanced for a moment. He gripped her wrist too tightly; as they walked out to the exit she was beginning to lose feeling in her hand.

By the time Nickhun realized what was happening the two were already near the exit of the back doors. He mentally scolded himself for just being a bystander, but he was shock; by Taecyeon’s behaviour.


“Who the hell told you to come in?” Taecyeon trapped Yoona against the cold brick-walls, his face a mere few inches away from hers. She had her eyes fixed on his, but she never replied back. When she never replied back, his hands moved from the wall to her arms, gripping once again too tightly. Her face stayed expressionless hiding her pain from his grip.

“ANSWER ME!” He yelled in her face.

He shook her small-frame hard enough that Yoona was beginning to feel dizzy again.

“What the hell is wrong are you?” He spat in her face, feeling his angry reach its peak, “Are you a ing robot or what? Did you father neglect you when you were younger? Or did your mother not love you enough that you turned into a heartless little ?”

Yoona’s hands turned into tight fist, her eyes sparked in angry. He smirked knowing he had hit a button, “So what is it? Huh Miss. I don’t feel anything?” Unconsciously, he gripped her arms tighter that Yoona’s fists loosen as she lost feeling her arms.

She never replied.


“What’s wrong Nickhun?” Junho asked shortly after Taecyeon left with Yoona.

For the first time in Nickhun’s life was he this confused, “Does Taecyeon know a person name Yoona?”

“Yeah, that’s his wife” Junho answered, “Why do you ask?”

Nickhun’s eyes widen in realization; the women he had met at the club, the same women that caught his eyes, the same women that left him curious, was his best friend’s wife. He knew more about the strange relationship then the other boys. But the Yoona he had met didn’t seem like how Taecyeon description of a cold, heartless, robot with no emotions. He just saw as scared, little girl who was afraid of the world.

“Khun man, what’s wrong? You’re starting to scare me!” Junho took him out of his thoughts.

“ I think I just made a mistake” He whispered to himself, before he ran to the exit with Junho followed behind, confused.

By the time he was outside, Taecyeon had Yoona’s neck in his hand. Her body was slightly off the ground, and her body looked lifeless only tightly-closed eyes gave away that she was still alive.

Automatically, Nickhun’s attention was to the girl in his best friend’s hands. Junho quickly acted, running to Taecyeon and pulled him away from Yoona. Nickhun moved to catch Yoona when Junho had fully pulled Taecyeon way from Yoona. He wasn’t able to hear anything, expect the light breathing from the small girl in his arms. He hugged her lightly, scared to break her. Her body felt cold to him, she gave him no reaction to his touch.

“TAEC, SNAP OUT OF IT!” Junho yelled, attempting to catch Taecyeon’s attention, expect his eyes were focused on Yoona and Nickhun.

As on cue, the rest of the boys entered the scene. All looked confused and worried, but never said anything and moved to Taecyeon to help him calm down. It had taken them a good five minutes until his anger subsided, and guilt took place. His eyes were still fixed on the two. Yoona stood still with her arms to the side as Nickhun held her in his arms. Her face was buried in his chest and the only thing he saw was Nickhun’s back. He knew what he was doing was wrong, but when he was around her, it was as if he had no control of his body.

“Are you okay now, Yoona?” Nickhun whispered into Yoona’s ear, she merely nodded to him. He loosens his grip on her, and was happy that she was able to stand on her own. She looked up at him, her eyes showing no emotion once again. He felt his angry grow inside him now, as he watched Yoona’s eyes.

Without any thought, he turned around and faced Taecyeon. The three boys were crowded around Taecyeon; all were looking at him. The next thing Nickhun knew, he was gripped the collar of Taec’s shirt.

“WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?” Nickhun spat in his face.

The boys, including Taecyeon were into much of a shock to make a move.

“YOU WERE GOING TO KILL HER! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT? MAN, SHE IS HELPLESS...”His voice weaken as Yoona’s face entered his mind, “You need to realize that she isn’t Yuri... you don’t have any reason to hate her”

“You have no idea what hell is going on here!” Taecyeon retorted back.

“I think I know more then you!”

“Really? So you can read my mind, huh? What am I thinking now?” Taec smirked.

Nickhun gripped his collar tighter, frustrated in his best friends childishness, he wanted to punch him just so he could come to his sense, but he didn’t... he couldn’t... because his attention was caught was Yoona’s weak voice.

“Nickhun...”Yoona whispered. Immediately, Nickhun’s grip loosens and he turned around only to watch as Yoona’s eyes closed and her body collapsed to the floor.

“YOONA” Nickhun, Junsu, Chansung, Junho and Wooyoung all yelled together as they ran to her. They all surrounded her body, as Nickhun and Chansung lifted her body off the ground. Junsu and Wooyoung attempted to fan her with their hands.

Taecyeon watched as his body slid to the floor. He watched as all his friends reacted to Yoona’s fainting... it was clear that they are all scared. They all care for her. But him? He wasn’t sure what he felt about Yoona. Secretly he knew he didn’t hate her, but he couldn’t help on how acted around her. His eyes were fixed as the boys began to help her, but he just sat there watching them.

A new wave of guilt washed over him as he knew what happened to Yoona was his fault... He was killing her...

Image

Authors's notes: Internet has been down for awhile, sorry for the long wait enjoy. & I hope you noticed the beginning was Yoona's POV because I wanted to show you how innocent and naive she is...!

 

» layout credit