상남자

어디에서 왔는지

Sometimes Yoongi messes up. Sometimes he says the wrong thing, or lets his Daegu accent slip out in situations where it shouldn't, or lies to a kid and acts like he's a total nobody when in fact, Park Jimin has been on Yoongi's mind for ages. Sure, it was creepy, but that's why he had to hide it. What guy in his right mind stares at another guy whenever he gets a chance, then avoids him like the plague when he could so easily just in speak to him like a normal human being? Not this guy. Not Min Yoongi. 

He wasn't a complicated guy. He was easygoing and relaxed most days and a little irritable or apathetic on his worst days. He spoke his mind, usually, and kept in what needed to be kept in. 

Did how much he enjoyed Jimin's company fall under the 'keep that to yourself you damn ert' category?

Probably. 

Did Yoongi care?

Not as much as he should've. 

He pondered all this during a particularly boring lesson in one of his private school classes. It was almost 1:30 AM. Almost time to leave. In all honesty, if he were being good to himself and to his health, he would take his home and sleep every night after school. What does he do instead? 

Stop by that stupid ing coffee shop so he can see that dumb kid's smiling face light up like it does whenever he sees Yoongi. 

Call him selfish, call him whatever you damn well please, but seeing Jimin makes him a little less tired. Enough to make him want to keep his eyes open long enough to tease Jimin about whatever silly thing Yoongi can fluster him about. The kid's so easy to read. His body language is always so transparent and his eyes don't do a much better job of hiding anything either. Even when he's always smiling, Yoongi can tell he makes Jimin nervous and he relishes the thought. Why? Because he's got a complex, probably. Because he's gross and gets a kick out of the power of it. Because he thinks that his little barista (who's actually about the same size as him, but centimeters matter and Yoongi's not gonna give up counting them) is cute as hell. 

It's hard having feelings for someone so much younger than you. Someone so naive. Someone so innocent. 

Yoongi thinks about it until his head hurts sometimes, grossing himself out over some of the less than appropriate things he thinks up to do with Jimin. From wanting to treat him to the fanciest restaurants, even on his poor student's budget, to wanting to pin him against a wall and whisper things into his ear that make him blush and shake. It's a confusing mixture. He's not sure why he's so attracted to this kid. 

Then again, he also knows exactly why. 

Because Jimin is so bright and smiley and he puts up with Yoongi's even when he really shouldn't. Jimin memorizes his order and has it ready and waiting because he's a godsend and even when the order is a little messed up, he'd never say anything because it tastes good regardless since Jimin made it. Yoongi is a romantic and Jimin's dense but he has the potential, he thinks, to bring the most disgustingly sappy things out of him. It'd be embarrassing to admit how many times he'd been writing a rap that slowly morphed into some ty love song about wanting to confess, wanting to kiss, or wanting to run his hands over a body that he's seen peeks of enough times to know it's absolutely sinful (thanks to those tank tops Jimin wears). 

It's driving him up a ing wall. 

He needs to say something. He needs to force Jimin to say something. He needs. The concept of someone having so much power over him and his train of thought is absolutely repulsive to Yoongi and he needs to get it taken care of right the now. 

So when he rushes out of school and gives Seokjin a half-assed "Later, hyung"- which mightily offended the poor princess- he's got his mind set. He's going to do it. He's going to confess to Park Jimin or get him to confess and he's so ing sure of himself until he enters and those stupid brown eyes light up when they see him and suddenly his resolve has melted. 

"Hey hyung, you're ea-" Jimin cuts himself off like he's embarrassed to notice that Yoongi's a minute or two earlier than usual, when really he thinks it's absolutely darling. 

What kind of old- man has he turned into. What kind of ing girl. Min Yoongi thinks something is darling? Disgusting. 

"How's my Jiminnie doing today? Is my tea ready?" And as soon as the words are out of his mouth, there's a cup being placed in his waiting hands and it's answer enough. 

"I'm good, one of my classes was kind of annoying, though, Hoseok hyung and Taehyung wouldn't stop staring at each other and giggling like..." Yoongi swears he's trying to listen, but he gets so distracted by how animated Jimin is that it's hard to pay attention to the words when he could be paying attention to the way Jimin's facial expressions move, the way his eyes have a certain type of fire in them like he's annoyed but also a bit jealous and maybe amused. It's endearing. So he nods along sympathetically, pouting his lips when he feels it's right and furrowing his eyebrows in disgust other times. He smiles regardless of timing because Jimin always stumbles when he does and for the life of Yoongi he doesn't get it but god he loves it. 

"How are you though, hyung?"

Yoongi forgets to answer for a second and Jimin punches his shoulder.

"Earth to Yoongi hyung! Are you really that tired? Do you need someone to you home?"

He laughs at that because how in' precious is that? How absolutely backwards?

"Shouldn't it be the other way around?"

"Hyung, what makes you think YOU'RE the boy in this relationship?"

Yoongi pauses and quirks an eyebrow. 

"I meant age-wise, Park Jimin. And of course I'd be the boy here, look at you. So dainty. So cute." He raises the pitch of his voice a bit and throws in a little aegyo to try and take away some of the awkward radiating from Jimin. Yoongi lets it slide because he's a good hyung, and because Jimin is at work and can't have what would certainly come of Yoongi questioning his train of thought brought up in the workplace, or in public. 

"Aw shucks, you really think so?" Jimin bats his eyelashes and Yoongi calls him gross, which just makes him laugh and the older boy doesn't feel bad about telling such a massive lie. He doesn't think he's ever really seen Park Jimin be gross. Even if he had, he's sure it wouldn't seem gross. 

And that thought all on it's own is enough to gross Yoongi out anyways. 

"What time do you get out of here?"

Jimin's eyes widen a bit but he glances at he clock on his phone- Yoongi tsk's and tells him he's awful for having a phone out at work- "Like... 10 minutes from now."

"I'll walk you home, then."

"I can walk by myself, I'm not a baby."

"Did I say you were? No. And I really wasn't giving you a choice either, Jiminnie."

Jimin groans in defeat and blushes slightly but otherwise moves on from the topic, though Yoongi can feel the anticipation radiating off of him in waves for the duration of the 10 minutes. 


 

Yoongi swears he isn't sketchy. He swears up and down on every bible and every cross. He swears even though his arm is slung around Jimin's shoulders as they walk. It's easy and doesn't mean much of anything except that he wants some closeness, but Jimin's face is bright red and Yoongi can't just drop it this time. 

"Your face is red." He says it easily, looking forward the whole time, even when Jimin stiffens and he can feel the boy staring holes into his head.

"...It's always red."

"When you're with me, it sure seems like it."

"It's always like that!"

"Really now, because-" Yoongi bites his tongue. He can't just slip up and say 'every time I've watched you with your friends at school, your face has been it's usual pretty tan color' so he scraps the thought. "-I'm not buyin' it." He finishes lamely.

"Well it's true..."

He stops them before Jimin anticipates and his arm ends up dropping off of the other's shoulders. They're in front of the park he'd seen Jimin lazing in and Yoongi sits down on the grass, stretching his legs out and rolling up the sleeves on his school uniform. He doesn't speak again for a few moments as Jimin debates joining him. It's only once he loosens his tie and opens his mouth that Jimin beats him to the chase.

"Why are we here, hyung?"

"I just wanted to enjoy the weather."

"It's a little humid."

"Yeah, but there's a breeze."

Jimin falls silent and Yoongi lets his head loll to the side so he can squint at the boy's profile. 

"Is there something on your mind, Jiminnie?"

Jimin jumps a little too much and looks a little too uncomfortable for anything but 'yes' to be an acceptable answer. 

"No, Yoongi hyung, there isn't. Why?"

Of course not. 

"You seem like you wanna say somethin'."

The other bites his lip and Yoongi reaches across Jimin's lap.

"I'm just grabbing your phone, chill." He soothes when Jimin makes a noise of protest. 

Yoongi unlocks the phone with ease, scrolling to the contacts and putting his number in it. When he gives the phone back, he scoots closer still. 

"Now you can text me when you get the time instead of trying to get a whole days worth of events into the 30 or so minutes I see you every day. Of course, you could always hang out with me at school too." 

"Wait... don't you want my number too then?? And hyung, your friends probably wouldn't like underclassmen hanging out with them- I mean I'd have to bring Taehyung and Hoseok hyung too and-" Yoongi flicks the side of Jimin's head.

"I'll get your number when you text me, an' I said you can hang out with me, don't overthink it. 'S not like I'm asking you on a date." The Daegu accent rolls off his tongue as exhaustion sets in further. 

"Daegu?"

"Yeah, what's it to you?"

"Busan!"

"I know."

"Huh?"

"Your accent, ."

Yoongi gives up playing it cool and leans on Jimin. He's tired and god dammit he's gonna get something out of this kid if it kills him. He has to be subtle, though. It'd be too easy to undo him with words. Actions will do the trick, he's sure. 

He can't help but smile at how red Jimin gets, though. Yoongi can see the blush all the way down to his chest through the somewhat seethru tank top Jimin's sporting.


 

Yoongi wakes up to a text from an unknown number and he smiles to himself as he wonders if Jimin's hands were shaking when he sent the text.

From: Jiminnie

hey hyung, it's jimin! i hope you got home ok, ill lose a lot of money if you arent buying tea anymore!!

To: Jiminnie

i can feel the concern all the way over here wow im so glad i have a friend like you to look out for me you in' greedy- thing.

From: Jiminnie

keke~ you know, im cute though so it's okay, right hyung?

To: Jiminnie

don't push your luck. it's too early and i shouldnt be awake on a sunday.

From: Jiminnie

its noon??? why arent you like doing stuff yet when do you usually wake up???

To: Jiminnie

i don't usually wake up at all

Yoongi gets up once he's sent the text, stretching groggy limbs and pulling on a shirt and a beanie before trotting to the kitchen to make himself food. His phone manages to vibrate about 5 more times over a 2 minute course of time and Yoongi shakes his head. 

To: Jiminnie

park jimin do you know how to shut up

From: Jiminnie

:o no

To: Jiminnie

learn. 

From: Jiminnie

haha whatever you say hyung :)

To: Jiminnie

that doesnt sound like shutting up to me lesson one failed go to ing detention


 

They end up texting til about 5 when Jimin asks if Yoongi's busy because Jimin has a day off and he's bored. Yoongi, of course, isn't actually free to do anything but because it's Jimin he takes a break from the song he's composing to spend a while with Jimin. They meet on a main street with a lot of vendors selling various foods and he's immensely delighted that he brought his wallet. 

"Where to?"

"Shouldn't you have decided that before you asked me to come out here?"

"...Yeah I guess so, but I didn't so where to, hyung?"

"Lets just walk around maybe one of the stores will have interesting clothes."

They end up stopping by a store that's too expensive for both of them and trying on about half of the men's section. Jimin of course, picks things that compliment his body type but don't really match and Yoongi's tearing up when he laughs because this kid is so ing cute what is he supposed to do? They take selcas because Jimin pesters him until they do and Yoongi texts himself one and sets it as his lockscreen. 

By the time they leave the store, they're both a little giggly and their shoulders brush whenever they walk. They stop by a food stand and get one of those potato-sausage skewers that always look cooler than they taste, but it's good because he's with Jimin and no matter what they say out loud, Yoongi knows in his heart of hearts that this is some kind of date. The two stay out until the streets are clearing and being cleaned up a bit, talking about everything and nothing because conversation between them is easy and teasing. Jimin gets noogie'd more than once, and Yoongi gets his shoulder punched or nudged enough times to have some kind of bruise.

Jimin dresses more nicely than Yoongi gives him credit for, and he catches himself staring more than once. Once or twice, Jimin will also catch him staring, but he'll just smile and shrug it off like the good kid he is. Eventually, though, he asks if they can go back to Yoongi's house because he's sure it's closer and he doesn't want to go home yet. Yoongi agrees because he doesn't want the kid to leave either, and his room isn't messy enough to turn company down. 

Once they get in, Jimin snoops and flips through a few notebooks full of lyrics. 

"Hyung... you wrote all these?"

"That is my handwriting."

"Can I hear you rap a bit?"

"Someday, maybe. You gotta earn that privilege." Jimin pouts a little but seems to accept his fate. He saunters over to Yoongi's bed and plops down on it, looking so at home the older boy might even think he'd been there before.  

Yoongi fiddles with the song he'd been working on before they left for a while before going to sit next to Jimin, giving him a sidelong glance. Jimin tries hard to pretend he doesn't notice, but after a few moments, he turns and meets Yoongi's gaze. 

"Is there something on my face, hyung?" He tries to joke away the atmosphere, which grew increasingly heavier as the seconds ticked by. 

"Park Jimin."

"Yes?"

"What do you want from me? What are you trying to get out of being here?" Jimin freezes and Yoongi doesn't miss his adam's apple bob as he swallows nervously. He his own lips and the boy seems so uncomfortable, like he wants to look away but Yoongi is holding his gaze. 

He leans in closer, leveling his mouth with Jimin's ear. "Do you like me, my Jiminnie?" One hand reaches up to cup the younger boy's face, a finger sliding under Jimin's jaw and tracing absent-minded shapes. Jimin makes a soft noise in the back of his throat that sounds like it could be a whine or maybe just an attempt at speaking, but Yoongi is tired of waiting and tired of playing games. 

"Well. I hope so. Because I like you." He presses a kiss to slightly pouted lips and Jimin makes another noise, melting into the hold Yoongi has on him. His hands gingerly come to rest on the older boy's shoulders and, with less hesitation, pull him closer. 

"I like you too, Yoongi hyung. So much." It's only whispered against his lips, but Yoongi treasures it more that way. It was intimate and soft, not loud or obnoxious or shared with anyone else. He kisses Jimin's lips over and over again, wanting to taste those words with each soft, quick peck. Surprisingly enough, it's Jimin who moves to deepen the kiss, an over eager tongue sliding along his hyung's lip and, without giving warning, bites at it as well. Yoongi smirks and pulls Jimin onto his lap by his waist, allowing the other to think he's in control for now, even though they both knew it was a guise. 

When the kiss grew too frantic, too sloppy and too intense, Yoongi pulled back. Jimin didn't get the message at first, taking to kissing a trail along the older's jaw down to his neck. "Jiminnie," he warned, voice huskier than it had been before they'd begun. "You're getting ahead of yourself." Call him cheesy, call him an old man or a stickler, but he wanted to keep things easy and sweet on their first date. They'd just confessed to each other, Yoongi wasn't necessarily looking for a lay. Maybe some hand holding, or a few lazy kisses. Really and truly though, he wanted to hold Jimin in his arms and take in everything. Not just his scent. His feel and the way his warmth made Yoongi feel safe. More than that, he wanted to take in the fact that Park Jimin was his. 

"Mine," He murmured, nuzzling at the crook of Jimin's neck and placing a few butterfly kisses along it. "And don't you in' forget it, okay?"

Jimin smiled and laughed in that darling way that he does, carding his fingers through Yoongi's hair and using it as leverage to pull the older's face up to his for a kiss. 

"Yes hyung, I know. Yours."