어른아이

어디에서 왔는지

Ding! 

Jimin glanced up from the coffee beans he'd been busy roasting at the sound of a customer entering. His mouth turned up in a smile of greeting and he waved a small bit, offering an apology and asking if the customer would wait just a moment while he finished up. His words were met with a grunt and his smile widened just a fraction. Grumpy customers were good because they bought a lot and paid a lot. 

"You're going to burn them."

The sudden voice made the boy jump, embarrassment forcing a small bark of a laugh from his lips. 

"No I won't."

"Are you sure? I'm not."

"I've been doing this for a while, don't worry."

"Yeah, about 3 minutes too long, actually." He could hear a smile in the stranger's voice and he just knew it was a smug one.

Jimin had to look up now and see who exactly was sassing him. 

He hadn't been expecting to be met with such a pretty face ...or to recognize that pretty face the instant he saw it. He was a boy that Jimin had frequently seen around school. Never spoken to the dude, but definitely made a point of staring a little too long every time Jimin saw him. It wasn't that Jimin was gay or anything, but this hyung had such pretty cat-like features. They were striking and Jimin couldn't just not stare. Maybe, if he were a more romantic guy, he'd elaborate, but once again, he'd been staring slightly slack-jawed at his hyung for a little too long and had to scramble to think up a response.

"Fine, fine, the customer's always right. Maybe I would've noticed sooner if you hadn't snuck up on me and startled me!"

The sneak-ee laughed- god that was cute -and rolled his eyes. "Notice how I said 3 minutes, not 3 seconds? And maybe if you hadn't been sitting there grinning to yourself like a jackass you would've noticed sooner, actually."

Jimin spluttered a bit, a smile of disbelief spreading across his face. How sassy and definitely different from what he'd expected from this guy.

"What were you even smiling about anyways?" The customer leaned his face lazily against a hand, elbow propped up on the counter and shoulders slouched as he spoke.

"That's... none of your business, hyung."

"Really? I was unaware that dongsaengs had any business that wasn't their hyungs- especially not ones who are keeping their hyungs waiting AND giving them sass. My bad."

Oh but Jimin was the one giving sass. Of course.

"Sorry, I'll take your order then. What can I get you?"

"Chai Tea, low-fat milk and extra whipped cream." Jimin dedicated that order to his memory on the spot. Maybe he could surprise his hyung sometime before school if he saw him on campus on time? Would that be creepy? Was he overthinking this?

The customer set to fishing out his wallet and reached over the register to swipe his card without letting Jimin so much as reach out to grab it. 

"It'll be right out." Jimin promised as he sashayed away from the register, starting on the order with shakier hands than normal. What did he even have to be nervous about? And why couldn't he get the way his hyung had said "It'd better be." out of his head? He clapped his cheeks with his hands lightly, willing himself out of a rather uncharacteristic daze before he could mess up the order.

He attempted to make some kind of design at first with the whipped cream, but eventually gave up in favor of piling it on. By the time he looked up, however, the hyung was already back to the counter and waiting. 

"You never asked for my name, so I didn't really wanna have to sit there and watch you call out an order for 'hyung' and see all the guys in the place try and figure out which hyung you meant." Came the simple explanation when Jimin raised an eyebrow in question.

"My hero, hyung."

"I'm sure. Write me odes and psalms and send me flowers, then."

"I'll dedicate fansites to you and make artwork of my chai tea hero hyung."

"Are you coming onto me?"

Jimin had never blushed harder in his life and by the time he managed to stammer out a "NO!" the hyung was already half way out the door, laughing obnoxiously as he went.

Park Jimin, you absolute idiot.


 

Two weeks passed and Jimin learned that his favorite hyung always came in at about 1:45 on sundays, and at about 2 AM on weeknights. His order was always the same, even on the days when Jimin was absolutely dying to serve him some kind of black coffee or espresso with 4 shots of caffeine in it because hyung always looked so exhausted when he'd come right after cram school. It left a lot to be desired about being an upperclassman.

Jimin would make the order at 1:44 and have it waiting by the time the customer arrived, because he was pitiful and enjoyed the company. Maybe even craved it a little bit. Yet he couldn't work up the nerve to even ask for his hyung's name. 

Does he even have a name?

Wait. What. Of course he does. 

What the hell am I thinking? Do I have a fever? He reached a hand up to touch his forehead.

A loud snapping noise in front of his face jolted Jimin from his thoughts, and speak of the devil...

"Yah, are you going to take my order or not?"

"Maybe. Maybe I've decided that I don't take orders from strangers."

"Wouldn't you go out of business?"

Jimin cursed inwardly at his luck.


 

"Will you ever order anything that isn't a Chai Tea with low-fat milk and extra whipped cream?"

"Will you ever do anything that isn't pestering me while I'm trying to study," A brief pause while the other examines his nametag. "Jimin?"

"Hyung, I'm hurt!" He puts a hand to his chest and sniffles softly.

"Good, maybe you'll leave me alone then."

The two had been bantering and exchanging sass for a few days now, and if Jimin was being honest, the other's comment wasn't entirely uncalled for. Jimin had memorized the boy's order the second he heard it because you don't just forget things associated with such a pretty face. He'd also never tried so hard at brewing tea before.

"Nope, my shift ends in like... 10 minutes, I can afford to slack."

"What a stellar employee, I'll be sure to let your boss know about your astounding performance on the floor." Jimin's smug expression is met with an eye roll as the older boy sips on his tea.

"Hey! No need to be mean." He pouts and the customer shoots him a cheeky grin that's so far from an apology that Jimin has to resist the urge to hit him, but before he can react, Mr. Chai Tea's fingers are back at work on his laptop and frankly... Jimin's a little curious. So, he peeks over at the screen to investigate what exactly could be more important than the company of someone as lovely and wonderful as Park Jimin.

He can't say he's surprised to find that it's no school subject, but he definitely is surprised to see rhyming words and he's torn between emotions.

Closet poet?

Jimin examines the hyung briefly. Slightly curled and appropriately messy chestnut hair with a bandana.

Definitely not poet material... though very fluffy and he'd be lying if he said he didn't wanna run his hands through it. 

Wait, what?

Grungy hipster?

The boy wrinkled his nose and fought back a small laugh at the thought. This stranger was dressed a little too 'hip-hop' to be anything like that. Maybe he was some kind of secret underground rapper. Maybe he had a YouTube channel? Jimin blankly stared at the screen as he pondered, scanning the words and tapping his foot to an inconsistent freestyle beat until...

Did somebody rattle your in' chain? Did I SAY you could look at my screen? Nosy- brat.

A heavy blush settled on the boy's cheeks as he glanced down into narrowed, unimpressed cat-like eyes.

"What, no snappy comeback?" He sneered. "You look like you got caught looking at rather than lyrics. How young even are you?"

"I'm in High School..." Jimin frowned, carding a hand through his hair before immediately smoothing it back down. He wanted to mention that they went to the same school, but being at a school as large as theirs made it near impossible to know everybody, let alone pay attention to them or really recognize many faces.The embarrassment was making his skin prickle uncomfortably and his stomach refused to stop trying to perform some type of stomach acrobatics just like it always goddamn did whenever this hyung spoke to him.

"Yeah? So am I, good thing that ain't what I asked, huh?"

"Oh please, you're like 50."

"I'm 18 leave me be."

"18? Did you mean 80?"

"Do you want to get hit?" The younger grinned this time, reaching a daring hand out to muss his hyung's hair. "As if a hit from you would hurt at all, hyung. I thought you were going to try and be menacing or something."

"Yah! You punk, get your hand out of my hair. The in' nerve..." He paused, turning to face Jimin fully with a calculating look. "So, one minute you're blushing like some schoolgirl, and the next you're ruffling my hair and trying to tease me? The hell kinda character are you?"

 Jimin ignores the accusations entirely and the hyung sighs in defeat.

"Will you at least take my damn order, brat?"

"Nope."

"No?" 

"Tell me your name first."

"Are you blackmailing me into telling you my name with tea?" 

"Maybe."

The hyung squints and frowns a little and Jimin knows he's won.

"Yoongi. Now get my tea before I go find another barista to hit on me every time he takes my order."

Yoongi.

Yoongi, Yoongi, Yoongi. Jimin thinks he's going to pass out from how hard he's blushing and all he knows is his freakin' name and that he just dove head first into a crush. 


 

J-HOPE!

Thursday, June 05, 2014

hoseok hyung!

8:45 PM

hyung!! hyung. 

8:45 PM

hyung.

8:45 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hyungie

8:45 PM

hyung.

8:46 PM

HYUNG!!

He's about to fling his phone at something when the 'Kakao Talk' ringtone sounds and he nearly gives himself whiplash with how quickly he looks back at his IMs.

8:46 PM

Do you know what patience is, Jimin?

8:47 PM

do you know what an emergency is!! i could have been dead, hyung.

8:47 PM

Kakao Talk from the grave. @-@ spooky. /monotone hoseok voice/

8:47 PM

not funny hyung! i have a problem.

8:47 PM

What's on your mind?

Jimin chews on the inside of his cheek. What can he possibly say to explain his very complex very dire very horrible situation? What? 

8:50 PM

?

8:51 PM

i met this guy at work... he's a hyung and he goes to school with us but he doesnt know that i know we go to school together and i dont think HE even knows we go to school together and i dont know what to do!!!!

8:51 PM

Park Jimin are you trying to ask me how to tell someone you go to school with them? Are you serious? It's just school. What's he gonna do, beat you up?

He nearly throws his phone.

8:52 PM

NO IM NOT TRYING TO TELL YOONGI HYUNG WE GO TO SCHOOL TOGETHER!! THATS NOT THE HORRIBLE PART. 

8:53 PM

Yoongi hyung? Really?

8:53 PM

Kekekeke~ 

8:53 PM

Why are you so nervous about anything that has to do with Yoongi hyung, he's not that scary you know.

8:54 PM

oh yes, hoseok hyung i know exactly how not scary he iS THATS WHY IM TALKING TO YOU ABOUT THIS RIGHT

8:54 PM

Calm down, you're acting like you have some kind of crush on him.

8:54 PM

.... @-@

8:55 PM

Wait, do you??!

Jimin thinks he's going to burst into flames.

He partially hopes he does.

8:56 PM

if you tell anyone i swear to god

8:56 PM

THATS!! THATS SO. HAHAHAHA.

8:56 PM

ARE YOU GONNA TELL HIM?

8:56 PM

What a silly question, of course you are!! That's why you came to me, right?

He nearly rolls off his bed. Of course he's not! He can't! Yoongi hyung is cool and collected and calm and funny and everything Jimin isn't and everything Jimin strives to be.

How could Jimin tell Yoongi hyung anything about his feelings when it'd just mess things up? They're finally talking and... well okay maybe that's how they've always been but he' used to the butterflies by now and he manages to resist the urge to hold his hyung's hand every day. Even when Yoongi's own hands magically find their way to Jimin's back or his shoulder or his arm or neck or wherever they wander to. It kills him a little bit, but he's dying anyways, right?

I'm so screwed...

9:00 PM

Seriously though, Jiminssi, it's not that big of a deal. He'd be okay with it. 

9:00 PM

i don't think so hyung... im just some punk to him, and he's so pretty why would he ever even.

9:00 PM

hyungs like yoongi hyung don't get their hearts shaken up by people like me- let alone GUYS like me. he's probably not even gay!!

9:00 PM

Park Jimin have you even asked? Don't beat yourself up. My dongsaeng is very cute and cuddly and loveable!! 

9:00 PM

hoseok hyung this is no time for you to hit on me

9:01 PM

Not in your wildest dreams, Jimin!!!

9:01PM

right, i forgot you save all your sweet words and pick-up-lines for taehyung, right?

Either Hoseok hyung logs off or doesn't feel like talking after that, but he doesn't reply and Jimin is left only slightly more enlightened and entirely dumbfounded still. 

What the hell is he going to do?


 

The next day proves to be horrible because Jimin trips over his own feet on the way to one of his classes and smacks into an upperclassmen right as he thinks he's in the clear. 

Of course, when that upperclassman turns to look at him, Jimin tries his hardest to become invisible, or melt into the ground, or maybe just not exist.

"Jiminnie? I didn't know you went here. Hitting your hyungs is awful you know, I could've been seriously wounded." Yoongi is be his poor shoulder and rubbing at it with a pout.

"Sorry Yoongi hyung, I was in a hurry." He frowns a little.

"Why? Is your next class far?" 

"No, actually it's right here." Jimin nods his head to the door adjacent to his hyung, who pouts his lip out, raises his eyebrows and nods a little. 

"Alright, well, have a good class period Jiminnie, and watch where you're going next time." He waves and continues in the direction he'd been going in prior to being 'mauled by Jimin' (the way he'd tell the story later, much to Jimin's chagrin).

Jiminnie?

The nickname made his heart flutter and he found himself wishing he could watch those lips say his name a little more often. 


Jimin didn't even realize how quickly 4 PM rolled around until he was being ushered out of the school. He barely had time to grab the street clothes he always kept in his locker before he was scolded for loitering. He changed quickly and decided to spend the two hours of free time he had roaming the streets until he came across a comfortable looking park. 

He went there often to clear his head and get a breath of fresh air, before work and before cram school. The sky was so pretty and the grass was always plush and well kept even if the heat was near disgusting. The boy wouldn't stay out long enough to get drenched in sweat, but long enough to take a cat-nap of sorts. Not really sleeping as much as... resting his eyes. It gave him a chance to think about his conversation with Hoseok hyung earlier that day. Hoseok hyung had pestered Jimin about Yoongi hyung until Taehyung showed up, and then proceeded to make googly eyes at him until the end of lunch. Gross, right? 

Something really did need to be done about the whole tea hyung situation, though. 

"Hyung, why are you so difficult?" He muttered under his breath, moving his arms from their resting place on his head and sitting up with a sigh. 

"Who's difficult?" An all too familiar voice sounded from right next to him and Jimin had to bite his tongue to keep from squeaking in surprise. 

"Hyung! Don't sneak up on me like that, didn't you learn anything from our first encounter?"

"Of course. To never let you make me coffee, because you'll probably burn it beyond recognition."

"Hyu-ung."

Jimin shoved at Yoongi hyung's shoulder with a hand before giving up and knocking into him with his own. 

"How can you wear a beanie in this weather?"

"Bad hair day."

"That's not true."

Jimin looked up when he felt himself being stared at. 

"Why do you say that?"

Yoongi was really close.

Like.

Really close.

He smelled really good too. 

The boy gave his hyung his best impersonation of a fish instead of an answer and Yoongi chuckled softly.

"Yeah, that's what I thought you brat. You can't lie to me."

He breathed a sigh of relief and leaned away, pretending to pout. Yoongi hyung thought he was gaping because he couldn't come up with a good enough response to 'mask his lie'.

Jimin had really been staring because he wanted to kiss his hyung.