Chapter nine

Madame
Please log in to read the full chapter

So, this ones a bit shorter. I've been experiencing major headaches for 3 days in a row and that is no joke T_T

Like I always say, thank you for the love lol. I just want to say that just like the foreword says, there's much more than the eye can see :p So I love reading your comments and see you speculating stuff ^_^

Btw the new AFF is a bit odd T_T It's gonna take time for me to get used to it...

Also, here's a song I replayed like 10000 times when I wrote this chapter XD (yes I love the 80's don't hate.)

I love you all<3

 

It was another of those days when all I could hear was Jessica raging at every single thing, and whether it reasonable or not, I was there to witness it.

''Don't touch me right now Yul.'' she hissed in a threatening tone, the one that acted as a warning for everyone. But Yuri didn't budge.

I could see Yuri holding her breath as she embraced Jessica until the latter relaxed in her arms.

''Come on now,'' Yuri said softly and laughed a little when our eyes met. ''Taeng's already scared of you.''

''W-what! I am not!'' I replied defensively. I could see a pout forming on Jessica's lips as she peeked at me. ''I swear Sica, I'm just a little...worried?''

Yuri rolled her eyes.

''How about you tell us what's wrong?'' Yuri focused back on the pouting girl in her arms.

''I don't know.'' Jessica mumbled. ''I'm just...everything irritates me today.''

I chewed the inside of my cheek, thinking that it hadn't just been today that Jessica had lost her patience with everything. The weird behaviour she was pulling off was really worrying me. Ever since she mentioned that she was scared she would lose us. I was beginning to assume it was about something bigger than just that.

Although seeing Yuri cradle Jessica like that made me forget about all that. I smiled at them.

''Come over today and I'll cook you some comfort food.'' Yuri said to Jessica.

''Okay.'' she muttered quietly as a reply.

''Taeng, you want to come too?''

I shook my head. ''No, I'm good thanks. I have to...finish up something so I'll be staying home.'' I had to make up an excuse. Those two deserved to spend some time together. And seeing Yuri's eyes sparkle after hearing me decline her offer was enough to make my assumptions real of her wanting to be alone with Jessica.

Yuri kept trying to cheer our cranky friend up through out lunchbreak and all the way to the end of our classes but with avail.

''Psst!'' I snapped my head at the direction of the sound. Yuri gestured me to come closer to her.

''Taeng,'' she whispered. ''Please go throw yourself down the stairs or something.''

I pulled back and stared at her blankly.

''What is wrong with you?''

''Come on...Sica needs some kind of entertaiment! Someone needs to get hurt in a funny way for her to snap out of that vicious mood she's in.''

''Oh so it'll be done at the expense of myself getting hurt?'' I snorted. ''No thank you.''

Yuri deflated and put on a deep frown.

''Go push some poor kid down the stairs then,'' I scoffed. ''Or rather throw yourself down the stairs.''

''Ugh...what to do?'' she covered her face with her hands.

''Look, Yul. Honestly I think there's something else to her strange mood swings, don't you think?''

''Could be. But she's shutting me out. You know how she is, she'll blurt it out one day...'' Yuri said, with a hint of uncertainty in her tone.

I really hope so.


 

 

It had already been a full month since that dinner with Tiffany and since I took a leap of faith to the unknown when I totally let my feelings keep growing for her. That aside, I was determined to find out what was bothering Jessica so much and get to the bottom of it. I knew I had to. It was driving me crazy seeing her behave like that. All those mood swings we had to endure, the snapping and unintentional crying we sometimes dealt with when Jessica came over.

I finished making two cups of instant noodles for me and my grumpy guest and brought the bowls to the dinner table.

''Alright,'' I sighed and plopped down on the chair. ''Eat.''

Jessica mumbled a quiet thanks and emerged in to her own thoughts again.

I shrugged it off, knowing that maybe this wasn't the time to start asking questions.

 

''Taeng,'' Jessica appeared into the kitchen while I was doing the dishes. I had left her to rest on the couch to clean up a little. I felt like she could use the rest.

''Hm?''

''I...'' she hesitated but then took a deep breath. ''I have a question for you.''

I looked at her.

''Ask away.''

She nodded and bit her lip. ''Okay...so umm, does it...is it any different to like a girl than to like a boy?''

I stopped what I was doing and turned to face her.

''I mean, is it the same or does it feel...good? Or is there a difference?''

''I...don't think so. I don't feel any different, except for the fact that I've been friendzoned by Tiffany already but I don't know.'' I shrugged, rolling my eyes at the memory of Tiffany telling me she considers me as her best friend.

Jessica nodded slowly.

''For Tiffany, I look at her a lot. Not like a creep! But I admire her...well features. I don't know how to explain it.''

''N-no I think I know what you mean.'' Jessica said and blushed. ''Taeng, I'm going to tell you something and I need you to swear on your life that it stays between us.'' she pointed a finger at me and made a straight line with .

I gulped. Was I going to finally find out what was bothering her all this time? Then something clicked in my head.

Oh no...ohhhh no.

''I think...I think I like girls.'' she blushed even harder. ''I don't know why! I just...there's someone I've been seeing and...''

I stopped listening to her from the second she said she's been seeing someone. All I could think of was Yuri. I knew Yuri would have a heart attack if she ever found out. Especially after always reminding me that Jessica could never be hers because she was straight. In my mind, I could see everything come down crashing just like that.

''...and it's kind of weird but- Yah, are you even listening?!'' Jessica waved a hand in front of my face. I blinked and nodded timidly.

''Sorry...''

Jessica heaved a sigh. ''I know it's a big shock but I don't know who else to talk to about this. And...I'm just so scared! How would Yuri react?!''

''Uh...''

''Don't tell her please. Please Taeng?'' she pleaded. ''I'm still trying to figure this out...I mean, that's why I'm telling you because you like girls too...''

''I-I understand. My lips are sealed.''

I was struggling with this decision. It was like betraying Yuri but keeping Jessica's promise. I didn't like to be in between this.

''It's so confusing.''

''I know.''

''Is this how you felt too?'' she looked at me.

I nodded. ''A little bit. I haven't really crushed on girls like that and then Tiffany came...''

''Wait, who have you been seeing?'' I asked out of curiosity, knitting my brows together.

Jessica bit her bottom lip and put a hand to cover her face.

''Sooyoung...'' she mumbled.

My eyes bulged out of their sockets.

''Wha- S-Sooyoung?!''

Please log in to read the full chapter