Chapter five

Madame
Please log in to read the full chapter

I didn't think twice when I stepped into that store. For the hundreth time I went through that small plan inside my head that Jessica had came up with. At first I thought it was stupid and senseless but then again what other choice did I have?

I spent my late evening last night ruling out the possibilities of Tiffany having a child, being married or wondering what kind of job she had.

A kid ran past me and I muttered under my breath as I strolled around, grabbing necessary things in my cart. I wandered around for a good while but saw no signs of Tiffany.

''Remember. Just be polite, ask her questions but don't pry too much! Take it slow and be approachable!''

Being approachable, yeah that sounds easy.

Half an hour later I found myself walking out, deflated and disappointed that I didn't get to see her, stuffing jelly beans in my mouth as my other hand held the plastic bag. The wind blew and my bangs covered my sight but my eyes didn't make a mistake when they spot a certain woman stepping out of her car in the parking lot.

I gulped and suddenly the jelly beans in my mouth lost their yummy taste and I forgot everything I was supposed to say. She noticed me and smiled, softly but deadly.

''Hi!'' she greeted happily once she had reached me.

I flashed a nervous smile. I squeezed the plastic bag tighter in my hand.

''Hi.''

She stood there for a moment and I panicked in case she decided to say goodbye and continue off to the store.

Her voice echoed in my head and I end up going on a trip to neverland inside my head before I could blink and realize that whatever she said went unnoticed.

''H-huh?''

''I asked how are you,'' she laughed. ''Are you okay?''

''Yeah. I'm fine, sorry.'' I cleared my throat and smiled nervously. ''What about you?''

''Fine as well. You seem a little distracted. Have you been camping at the library again?'' she squinted her eyes playfully and I laughed at that, making a mental note about her remembering something I told her a while ago.

''Ah, no I haven't. I guess I'm a little tired.'' I lied to cover up my nervousness. She brushed her fingers over her eyes to move her bangs and smiled again.

''Hmm...'' she hummed thoughtfully as she nodded.

I could hear Yuri's nagging voice in my head and I decided to proceed to the next step of that freaking plan Jessica made.

''So,'' I looked at Tiffany and she waited for me to continue. ''I kind of wonder what do you do for a living.''

''Boring office stuff, you know. An accountant to be exact.'' she replied and I wondered if she was joking with me.

''Really?'' I slighty raised my brows.

''Yeah. Not really a dream come true but that's what I gotta settle with.'' she shrugged.

''What was your dream then?''

''I wanted to be a singer. An entertainer. Perform on stages and sing my heart out to the audience. Stuff like that.''

I looked at her and suddenly that seemed to fit her better than her telling me she was an accountant. I wondered how her singing would sound like. Judging from her slightly husky voice I knew it would sound amazing.

I realized that we were still standing in front of the store and I was probably keeping her occupied when all she came there for was to go to that store.

''Sorry,'' I said. ''I'll go now and let you go do your grocery shopping now.''

She laughed and shook her head. ''No, no. It's okay. I don't mind.''

I gathered up my courage after hearing her words and decided to skip a few steps of that stupid plan.

Do it Taeyeon!

''Well, d-do you mind if we continue talking over a coffee?'' I ignored the embarrassment coming from my stuttering and focused on her lips that were curved into a smile again.

As I looked up a little, I saw her eyes disappearing because of the smile.

''Sure! That'd be nice.''

I couldn't stop myself from grinning. She laughed again and I nod a few times.

''Okay.'' I was delighted to hear her accepting my request.

''Um, I guess I should give you my number or something?'' she raised a brow and I cursed in my mind.

Of course! How could I forget...

''Y-yeah.'' I nervously smiled and took out my phone, ready to tap her number in. She scooted closer and watched me type the numbers in as she spelled them outloud. I caught a whiff of her perfume and I just wanted to breathe it in for the rest of my life.

''Just call or text me. I'm free after three on week days.'' she interrupted my thoughts and left me alone outside the store with a stupid grin on my face. We waved at each other before she disappeared, although my wave was very lazy-looking.

I pumped my fist and began to walk back home with my chin up high.

Yes!


 

 


 

Yuri pounced on me and I gasped for air when she smothered me with her bone crushing hug.

''FINALLY YOU MADE THE MOVE TAENG!''

Jessica shook her head as Yuri smooched my cheek.

''What the hell Yul? Ew.'' I wiped my cheek with my sleeve and glared at her. ''We're in public.''

''I'm happy for you.'' Yuri ignored my protest and grinned while patting my head gently.

''She diverged from the original plan,'' Jessica said and then looked at me. ''You were supposed to take it slow.''

I sighed and Yuri rolled her eyes. ''Sica, give some credit to her. It's not like she asked her for a date. It's just coffee for now.''

''I'm scared.'' I admitted and exhaled sharply.

''Here we go again...'' Yuri sighed and retreated from me.

''Hey,'' Jessica reached over and smiled. ''Don't worry. Just be yourself.''

''Control your laugh though.'' Yuri butted in and I raised my hand to hit her.

''Yah!''

''Hey Yul, back off.'' Jessica threatened.

''Alright, alright,'' Yuri huffed and then looked at me. ''When will you call her?''

I shrugged. Yuri snickered and I shot another death glare at her.

''Just call her, what are you waiting for? ''

''I'm just trying to not to look desperate. I only got then number yesterday!'' I explained, hoping that they would buy my excuse because I was too nervous.

''Umm, but you are desperate.''

''Ugh Kim Taeyeon...you're making her wait! This is ridiculous. Call her tomorrow!''

I flinched at Jessica's loud voice that echoed in the hallway and groaned.

''Okay! Leave me alone already.'' I furrowed my brows and crossed my arms on my chest.

''Call her!''

I groaned out loud once again and listened to Jessica's giggles in the background as I dragged myself away from them. I walked inside the university cafeteria with those two dragging along.

''Psh psh pshh psh, psh psh.''

''Mmmhmmmm. Pshh psh, psh p-pshh psh.''

I turned around and raise my brows when I see Yuri and Jessica eyeing the ceiling innocently. I clicked my tongue and continued off to the waiting line.

''Psh psh, psh psh,psttt.''

''Are you serious!?'' I exclaimed in frustration and look at my two friends.

''What?'' Yuri asked.

''What are you doing?''

''Nothing.''

''Yeah Taeng. Nothing.''

Please log in to read the full chapter