Chapter four

Madame
Please log in to read the full chapter

Double update today because I'm awesome like that.

Don't be a silent reader, yeah? :D

Enjoy~

 

 

One month.

It began to feel like I had never even met Tiffany. Studying kept me busy and I only went grocery shopping when it had gotten dark outside and after my classes were over. It was like she was just some random person I happened to meet.

I was surprised to notice Yuri didn't bring her up in our conversations anymore and neither did Jessica. I should be glad, but I'm not. I simply am not.

Jessica had gone to the movies with a friend, Yuri was visiting her family outside the town and I was left alone. Alone, with nothing to do at all.

It was late but I decided to go outside for a walk. Just walking, enjoying the chill breeze against my face.

I simply could not understand why I was so tempted and intrigued by this woman. And to think I only knew her name and her age. I could hear my rationality yelling at me but I ignored everything except the train of thoughts about her. I just let it flow freely, my mind becoming calm for some reason.

My feet brought me to that store again. I strolled inside in hopes to meet the cause of my insanity. Once I passed by the spot where the ahjumma usually sells cakes and stuff, I already had my arms full of unnecessary stuff I picked up on the way.

And there she was, grabbing a carton of milk from the fridge. My feet kept moving and I fixed my arms so the stuff wouldn't fall.

She felt my presence and looked up, her expression reminded me of a child that got lost but it soon turned into that sweet smile.

''Oh, hey!''

''Hi.'' I replied, now standing right in front of her.

''Hmm, late night snacks?'' she pointed my arms.

''Yeah. Craving for them suddenly...'' I grinned widely. She blinked and then laughed. When she did that, I felt like the whole world had stopped. My stupid grin. And she laughed at it.

''You're not the only one,'' she showed me her cart that had two pints of strawberry ice cream and a pack of chocolate chip cookies. I smiled at that and nodded.

Suddenly everything felt right.

''Oh, I saw your friend the other day,'' she said. ''She was with someone.''

''Really?'' I asked and she nodded. I was very surprised that she remembered.

''Haven't seen you around lately.'' she said casually and I gulped.

''I've been camping at the library and studying...'' she laughed again and my heart skipped a beat.

I guess Jessica was right, she had expected me.

''Ooh. Not good.'' she shook her head and leaned against her cart.

''Blame it on the professors giving us all these projects to do.''

She chuckled.

My heart. Sigh.

It was funny how we weren't the only ones in the store and yet it felt like we were completely alone. ''So umm...I was wondering, were you born here or America?''

''America. I guess you figured from my name?''

I nodded. ''Yeah it's a bit unusual name for a korean...wait you're korean right?''

''Yup. Proud korean!'' she raised her fist up and chuckled. ''I used to live in California though. Moved here a few months ago.''

I nodded again. I gave myself a tap on the shoulder for asking atleast one question that bugged me.

Hmmm, so Jessica was right. AGAIN...

''May I ask you, how old are you Taeyeon?''

''I'm 20.''

''That's a wonderful age.'' she grinned sheepishly and my heart was in a frenzy. Just when I thought I had seen it all, her silly grin made me think my soulmate was now standing right in front of me.

Oh man...

I laughed nervously and she glanced at her wristwatch. ''Oh we should go, it's almost closing time.''

She began to push the cart towards the check out and I ended up grabbing a tub of ice cream along the way.

I finished first and waited her by the glass doors. She packed up and smiled when she saw me standing there. Just waiting for her.

''Thanks for waiting,'' she spoke and we walked out into the cold. She shivered a little and pulled up the collar of her coat to shield her neck. We ended up just standing in front of the store.

''Do you live in the neighbourhood?''

''Yeah,'' I answered. ''Do you?''

''Kind of. Not far but not that close either.''

''How come I've never seen you here before? I mean, I've lived in this neighborhood for almost two years now...and I've never seen you in that store either.''

''I moved into a new apartment just recently. The last one was just...bad.'' she made a sour face.

I smiled. ''Oh, I see.''

We fall into another silence.

''Do you want a ride home? I feel nervous about you walking back alone.''

''S-sure.''

After getting into her car, I held onto the plastic bag tightly as I tried my best to stay calm. Of course it turned out to be an impossible task at the moment and me stuttering my address to her definitely did not make anything better.

It took us less than five minutes to arrive in front of my apartment building and silently I felt bad for her to waste time and gas to bring me here when I could have walked.

''Well, here we are. Is it the right one?''

''Yeah. Thank you.'' I bowed at her and she smiled.

''You are very welcome, Taeyeon.'' And again I was reminded that she was the older one by the way she addressed me so formally.

I sat there, contemplating for a good while before I reached for the door handle and opened it. Before closing the car door, I bent over slightly to face Tiffany and saw the smile never left her face.

''Drive home safely.'' I told her.

''I will. Don't go sleep late.''

''I won't.''

She chuckled and waved at me. I closed the door and raised my hand to wave, though she never noticed the gesture and drove away. I let my hand drop and I took a deep breath.

Way to go Taeyeon, way to go.

Once I reached my apartment and crashed down on my bed, I let out a big squeal. 

I'm officially crazy for this woman.


 

 

It was the holidays and my little sister was staying at my apartment for a few days. I had missed her like crazy and having her around was enough to get me distracted.

''Oh man, your sister has a lot of energy,'' Jessica plopped down next to me on the bench. I laughed and watched Yuri and my little sister Hayeon play soccer on the open field.

''I know. Why do you think I had to sit down for a while?''

''Mhmm... oh my God, watch Yul is running around like she's her age,'' Jessica said. ''That kkab.''

''Yul is good with kids. Right?'' I said and waited for Jessica's reaction when we both heard a loud thud. I whipped my head and saw Yuri toppled down on the grass while holding her leg and rolling around.

Jessica chuckled. ''Right...Well I'll go check on that pabo,''

''Yaaaah!'' Yuri screamed and I decided to go check on her as well.

''You okay?''

''Yes,'' Yuri breathed out. ''Your sister...she's...she's so fast!''

Hayeon beamed a toothy smile and I laughed together with Jessica.

Please log in to read the full chapter