Chapter 2 : Empty Highway

Us Against Them

*Taeyeon, Jessica, & Seohyun's Part*

 

The three young women continued to sprint down the long stairs, hoping to get away from the running corpse that were chasing them from behind. Jessica who was a bit behind the girls because she tripped on a few stairs sprinted quickly passed her two members which got the two surprised. They really didn't know that Jessica could even run this fast. She was faster than the rest but probably slower than Hyoyeon, Tiffany, and Yoona. 

 

Anyways, Jessica pushed open the door which lead to the lobby and held it open for Taeyeon and Seohyun then once the two entered, she slammed the door closed and locked it before backing away from the door.

 

*Bam!*

 

They knew that the door wouldn't hold the zombies for long so they decided to continue running.

 

"Over here!" Seohyun says as she points to the kitchen in the cafe.

 

She ran first into the kitchen.

 

Taeyeon was about to follow when she heard the door burst open.

 

She turned her head and looked and saw the zombies run her way.

 

"What are you doing?! Come on, Taengoo!" Jessica panicked as she dragged the girl along into the back before slamming the door shut. Seohyun pushed a bunch of heavy objects to block the door.

 

*Banging sounds against the door can still be heard*

 

"OMG! OMG! What are we going to do? We're going to die!" Jessica was panicking.

 

Seohyun looked around and remembered that they were in the kitchen.

 

"Unnies, there should be knives and other stuff that can help us for later!" she says.

 

Taeyeon nods before she runs to the cabnets and pulled out a long cook's knife. She puts the knife in her backpack and held the bat tightly in her hands in case a zombie appeared from no where.

 

Seohyun on the other hand took out her ipad to search for any nearby place that sold cars. She knows that zombies probably attacked those car dealerships but hopefully, she can get one so they can get as far away from here as soon as possible and maybe look for help.

 

"Taengoo, Joohyun, look what I found. Food~" Jessica grinned. "I'm sure we'll need them if we want to survive. I'm not planning to starve to death." she says, before looking for a bag. Thankfully, she found a huge black backpack in a box. She walked back to where she found the food and began storing them into the back pack. 

 

This is how much she had stored so far:

1 bag of bread

2 cans of tuna

3 cans of meat

4 cans of vegetables 

3 cans of fruits.

5 packs of ramen noodles

3 water bottles

 

"Good job, Sica!" said Taeyeon giving Jessica a thumbs up.

 

"But we'll need a flashlight for night time and a first aid kit." said Jessica.

 

"How do you know so much?" asked Taeyeon.

 

"Sunny and Yoona made me watch a bunch of survival films with them. Thank god they did or else we'll be doomed." Jessica answered.

 

"Guys, I found a dealership. It's nearby. Maybe a block down. We can get a car from there and find a safe place to stay at away from here but we have to go now since it's still morning." said Seohyun.

 

"Okay. You lead the way." said Taeyeon.

 

"Wait, I don't have a weapon." said Jessica, frowning as she looked around. 

 

Then she sees a Japanese ninja sword hanging neatly on the walls. 

 

She grabs it and holds it in her hands.

 

"Okay, I'm ready now." she say.

 

"Let's go." said Seohyun before she slowly opened the door which leads them outside.

 

She gulps when she saw how everything looked.

 

Buildings were destroyed. There were lots of blood on streets and many rotton corpse on the floor. Also, cars were flipped over and windows were smashed opened.

 

Seohyun looked back at the two older ones and gives them a tiny signal that it was clear to move.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

10 minutes later...

 

*Tiffany, Yuri, & Sooyoung's Part*

 

"Hurry up, Soo! What's the point on having long legs when you can't even run fast?" asked Tiffany as she sprinted ahead of the two taller women.

 

"Stop insulting me, Fany~" Sooyoung whined as they reached the front of the hotel. 

 

"Guys... Hey... I don't think this is the time to complain. Look!" Yuri points to the load of zombies that were limping towards them from the inside of the hotel and on the streets.

 

"What are we going to do?" asked Sooyoung, scared.

 

Tiffany remembered the van that their manager oppa drove and saw it parked neatly near a tree.

 

"There! We need to get to the van!" Tiffany says, before pulling out her gun.

 

"Yuri! Take the lead!" 

 

Yuri nodded as she held the pocket knife tightly in her hands then with her free hand, she grabbed Sooyoung's and then they ran to the van.

 

Yuri stabbed and slashed some zombies who came close to her before she reached the van. Luckily, it was unlocked so she and sooyoung entered it. Yuri sat on the driver's side and Sooyoung sat on the passenger side.

 

"Where's the keys?" Yuri asked.

 

"No clue! Just try to connect the wires or something to get the car working!" Sooyoung panicked.

 

Tiffany shot some zombies straight through the middle of their heads as if she were playing a video game before she ran into the back seat and closed the door.

 

"Drive already! We're going to die!" Tiffany complained as she reloaded her gun.

 

"I'm trying!" Yuri says as she hooked the wires together, finally making the car work.

 

She puts the geer to reverse and backed up then she puts the geer into drive before driving off into the same highway that Sunny, Hyoyeon, and Yoona took.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

*Sunny, Hyoyeon, & Yoona's Part*

 

The three young women in their twenties drove along the highway, not knowing where they were going. Sunny and Yoona were seaching the car to see if they can find anything useful.

 

"Unnie, look at this chest." said Yoona as she pulled the chest up and opened it.

 

Inside was a riflle, a shotgun, and a sniper with bullets already inside. Also, there were about 5 packs of bullets included and badages.

 

"Seems like whoever owned this car was prepared for battle." said Sunny.

 

"Who knows how to use a gun?" asked Sunny and no one answered meaning that none of them knew how to use a gun.

 

"Maybe we could practice a few times. There's three weapons. How about we all take one." Yoona suggested.

 

Hyoyeon nods but kept her eyes on the road because she was the one driving.

 

"I'll take the shot gun." Sunny says first. "Yoona, you take the rifle, and Hyo will take the snipper." 

 

"Why can't I take the snipper?" asked Yoona.

 

"Because you and I will be the ones gathering the supplies while Hyoyeon waits for us in the car and keep a look out. She can use the snipper to shoot from long distance to cover us. And besides, she's driving. If anything goes wrong, we'll run to the car and Hyo can drive us away from those corpse." Sunny explained.

 

"That makes sense." said Yoona.

 

"Sunny-ah, are there walkie-talkies?" asked Hyoyeon.

 

"Wait, let me see... yup, luckily, there's three." said Sunny, smiling. She hands Yoona one then Hyoyeon and kept one to herself.

 

Yoona pressed on the botton and spoke into the device.

 

"Hello. This is Yoona." she says to make sure that it was working.

 

"Hey guys... do you think the others are alright?" asked Hyoyeon, suddenly.

 

Yoona and Sunny shrugs then felt sad.

 

"I hope they are.. I can't imagine them dead." said Sunny.

 

"Oh my gawd! I forgot about Seohyunnie! Damn! I promised that we'll always be together!" Yoona says in frustration.

 

"Yah! Get a grip on yourself, Yoona! I'm pretty sure they're alright! Seohyun is a clever girl!" Hyoyeon scolds.

 

"But she's stuck with Jessica unnie and Taeyeon unnie!" Yoona points out the fact.

 

"Your point is?" asked Hyoyeon.

 

"Jessica unnie never runs and Taeyeon unnie becomes a kid in these kind of situations! Both of them are useless! And Seohyunnie is a slow runner! What if the zombies caught up to them and ate them or worst, turned them into a zombie as well?!" Yoona freaked out before getting smacked in the head by Sunny.

 

"Yah! Don't doubt them! I'm sure they're alright! And you're distracting Hyoyeon! We need to get to a safe house!"

 

Yoona shuts but sulks in her seat.

 

Sunny sighs before looking out the window.

 

On the side were wide opened field of grassland.

 

Sunny then turns around and looks back and saw a car that looked familiar. She turned back around and sat down before she reached for her shotgun. Yoona noticed and reached for her rifle.

 

"What's wrong, unnie?" Yoona asked.

 

Sunny points to the car that was catching up to them and Yoona gasps before telling Hyoyeon to speed up.

 

"Hurry up Hyo unnie! They're gonna kill us!" Yoona panicked.

 

"Hold on guys!" said Hyoyeon before she sped up but the other car also sped up.

 

"What the hell do those guys want?!" asked Yoona in anger.

 

"Us! They want us!" Sunny says.

 

"Why?"

 

"Because their fans decreased because of us!" Sunny explained.

 

"Who are they exactly?" asked Hyoyeon.

 

Sunny gulps nervously before answering.

 

"They're the Black Wings.." 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Back to Taeyeon, Jessica & Seohyun's Part*

 

The three got to the dealership safely but Jessica had to use the bathroom so she ran to find the restrooms.

 

Taeyeon and Seohyun went to search for a good car.

 

"How about the red ferrari?" asked Seohyun as she found the keys.

 

"Sure." Taeyeon replied with a smile.

 

Jessica came back from the bathroom in about 10 minutes, looking all pale.

 

"What happened?" asked Taeyeon, worried.

 

"There was a zombie in the hallway when I was making my way over here after using the bathroom. It tried to bite me but I sliced his head off then stabbed it a couple of times. It was disgusting and smelly." Jessica explained sounding monotoned.

 

"O..Okay..." Taeyeon says.

 

"I'll drive." said Jessica once she saw the red ferrari.

 

Seohyun passed Jessica the keys and all of them entered the car. Seohyun sat at the back while Jessica and Taeyeon sat in the front. 

 

"Ready?" Jessica asked as she started the engine.

 

"Yup." The other two answered.

 

Jessica took a deep breathe and drove out of the dealership and towards the empty highway, not realizing that someone or something with glowing red eyes glaring at them before it began to follow them onto the empty and quiet roads..

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Apparently, the empty highway the girls thought were empty really weren't empty after all..

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Hey guys, this is LollyMez. I would like to give a shoutout to everyone who subscribed, commented, and even upvoted to this story! You guys are awesome. This is my very first time writing a SNSD zombie fanfiction so I'm really thankful for your support :). Anyways, what do you guys want to see happen in this story? Comment and subscribe :). Until next time~