Trust [Lee Howon x Jang Suri (OC)]

Last Romeo Series

Messy living room with papers scattered everywhere. It was the situation of the room where I was now. I sat at the corner of it, running my fingers over my hair frustatedly. It was the first and the biggest fight I’ve ever had with my girlfriend. Jang Suri, the girl that was in my heart who would always be in my heart after all of that chaos. I was deeply in love with her. It also our first biggest fight too so I still had hope with me. I didn’t expect it, of course. I thought it wouldn’t be like this.

 

“I have something to talk about. But listen to me carefully. Okay?” I told her before I went to the topic. She replied me with a nod then looked up on me since she rested her head on my chest as we were sitting closely on the couch in my apartment. I started to playing with her hair.

“But what is it about?” I was about to tell her as she asked me that question. I didn’t answer until she asked me again. “Lee Howon?”

“Uh.. My parents.. They are arranging my marriage.” She immediately raised her head and looked at me confusedly.

“With who?”

“The daughter of my father’s bestfriend. Both side already agree on it.”

“What’s your answer for that? You’re disagree, right?” This was the scariest person that would come from her.

“I.. agree with them. But you have to trust –“ I didn’t manage to finish my sentence but she already got up from the couch, took all of her belongings, and was about to open the door. I immediately approached her and held her wrist to stop her but she shrugged my hand.

“Leave me alone.” She said then opened the door but I pushed the door to close it.

“Please listen to me. I haven’t done with my explaination.” I told her behind my back. I was pulling her wrist and brought her to the couch again.

“No need. It’s already obvious. You don’t love me.” She said as I managed to bring her almost reaching the couch. Her last words shattered my heart into pieces.

“I love you, Jang Suri. I really do. Let me finish.” I said as I stared her eyes.

“I SAID NO!” She yelled at me. That really broke my heart.

“They kept forcing me to agree. I don’t have any other choice.” I looked at her who was moving to my work desk then took some papers.

“WHAT A PERFECT BOYFRIEND.” She said while she was throwing the papers.

“Listen. I have plan in my head. I will runaway from my parents. With –“

“STOP.”

She threw more papers.

“TALKING.”

And more.

I then stopped talking. She rushed to the door once again, and slammed the door behind. I didn’t do anything. I didn’t chase her again. I didn’t want it to get bigger. It was already the biggest fight we’ve ever had.

 

My head was still pounding hard. I needed to find the solution. Arranged marriage. I hated it. Really hated it. What I expected was that Suri would listen to me. I didn’t know what to do anymore. I took my phone from my pocket then started calling her number.

First ring. Second ring. Third ring. She rejected the phone.

I dialed her number once again.

First ring. Second ring. Third ring. Fourth. Fifth. Until the last ring. She didn’t pick up.

I tried to dial her again.

“Sorry. The number you are calling cannot be reached. Please try again later.”

It was the operator who answered. Not her.

I was too tired to do anything so I went to my bedroom. The usual comfy bed suddenly became hard as I laid down on it. I didn’t know but that was what I felt. I tried to sleep but I couldn’t. I tried to close my eyes but they couldn’t be. It was all because of the brain who kept thinking about Suri. The brain kept repeating images when we were in a fight. She was complicated like a maze. She kept pushing me away because she didn’t let me to tell her. She needed to trust me.

 

Since I woke up, the thing that dominating my mind was Suri. I kept thinking and thinking about how to make her trust me before suddenly I thought of an idea. My brain told me to use the old method. I thought I could reach her by sending her a letter. I got up to my feet then walked to take one of the paper which she threw earlier and got a pen from my work desk.

“What should I write..” I mumbed to myself. But my hand started writing not so long after that.

Dear Jang Suri,

                Firstly, I want to say that I love you. I’m deeply in love with you so I won’t leave you. I can promise you that. Second, I am really really really sorry. I mean it. Really. I can’t live without you. I know that I’m wrong. I really want to reject my parents’ favor, but I can’t. They keep forcing me. I told them that I just want to be with you, but they don’t care. I hate them for this. But after all, they are still my parents. So, all I can do for now is agree with them. Like what I’ve told you before, I have plan. I will runaway with you, to a place which is far away from them. I know the daughter of my father’s bestfriend. We are pretty close. Only as a friend, okay? She also has a boyfriend. We already agree that we will go to a place where our parents can’t reach us. The wedding will be just for the two of us, which means that we won’t do it. After a year, we will tell them that we have divorced while actually I’m with you.

                I really hope that you really read this letter. I swear that I’m not lying. I’m telling you the truth. I love you, Jang Suri.

-Love, Lee Howon-

I took an envelope then put the letter in. After that, I had to think about how to give it to her. There was no way that I gave her by myself. If I gave it to her friend, I didn’t want them to know that we were in a trouble. The only option and the only hope left was by the postman. So, I took my jacket and my car key then got out of my apartment to go downstairs.

I started the engine as soon as I entered my car then stepped the gas. I drove my car to the nearby post office. I got off from my car as I arrived at the post office. I went inside and had to queue for a while. After I done, I left the post office with a big hope and nervous heart. The letter was expected to arrive at her house by tomorrow. I hoped she would really read it.

 

Day by day had passed. The days without her was really bland. I kept waiting for her. I missed her. So much. I wanted to ask her if she felt like that too but I knew I couldn’t. She didn’t even contact me. I was working on my task when I suddenly heared someone knocked my door. I stood up and walked to the door to open it. What I found after I opened the door surprised me.

It was her.

Jang Suri appeared in front of my door after 10 days. I froze at that moment. She approached me slowly then wrapped her arms around my waist. I slowly wrapped my arms around her too.

“I’m sorry.” She said as she looked up on me.

“It’s okay.” I said while pulling her inside before closing the door. She was staying still in silent.

“I’m really sorry.” She said once again. I pulled myself from the hug and stared at her right in her eyes.

“It’s okay, Suri. When you weren’t here, I missed you. I mean it. You’re coming back to me is enough.” I formed a smile.

“I should’ve listen to you. That letter you sent me, it kept bothering my mind. I didn’t read it at first but my head kept telling me to.”

“You know what? You’re complicated like a maze.” I chuckled. She looked at me confusedly. “I kept thinking why do you keep pushing me away? Until I finally sent a letter for you.” I continued which she responded with a smile.

“I miss you. I love you. I’m sorry. I –“ I then made her quiet by pressing my lips against hers. She returned my kiss softly before I pulled away.

“I know. Just trust me, your Romeo, okay?” She laughed at my statement, but I was glad to see her laugh.

“Alright, Romeo.”