Kira-kira

Kira-kira

After dinner, Kris packed his school bag because he doesn’t like panicking in the morning searching for his stuff. He also will not woke up early just to pack his bag. He treasures his sleeps a lot not like me. It’s so hard for me to sleep. Sometimes it takes hours to fall asleep. Before slept, Kris will talked to me. I will have to listen what Kris wanted to say. Normally, he will talked about problem in the house, his ambition, what he thinks about the world or what he thinks I can be when I grow up. I like to listen what he wanted to say. Whatever Kris says I will believe and agree. But that night Kris told me that when he grew up he wants to be a scientist and explore the sea. He really likes sea creatures.

“Tao do you know that corals is divided into two subclasses?.”

“No I don’t know.” I answered.

“It is nematocyst type and mitochondrial genetic analysis.”

I thought I was at the hospital. The name is like a some sort of a disease to me but I just listened. He looked so exited discriminating what he had read. He thinks sea creatures are so amazing and he wants to buy a house for our parents near the sea. He doesn’t like the house that we are living right now. It is in the middle of the city. Our parents also rarely spend time with us. To me as long as I have Kris I don’t need anybody else.

The next morning, Kris didn’t woke up. He was still sleeping in his bed. I wake him up “Kris why are u still sleeping?.” He said “I’m not feeling well.” Then he continues to sleep. I was stunned for a while because usually even if he is sick, he will beg at my mother to let him go to school. I guess he is just too tired for school and needed a rest. I leave him alone. I took my school bag and ride the bus that had waited for me.

Before going to sleep, as usual, Kris and I will have a small meeting. Kris told me that our mother is pregnant. I was so happy. Kris care about me so much that sometimes I think he is my parents. So I really want to know how to take care of other people. Kris told me that this will be fun and he also reminds me that not to stress my mother because it is bad for pregnant women. He will always be the first person that tell me all sorts of news. That night we discuss what we want to do for our future siblings. I don’t feel like sleeping but Kris told me that we have to sleep because we have school tomorrow.

Our parents went back early today. I feel weird but at the same time I’m happy. My parents brought me and Kris out for lunch. We went to our favourite restaurant at Myeongdong. After eating, my father told me and Kris that he has something to say.

“From now onwards our family will not be four anymore but five.” said dad.

“Why” I asked.

“Your mom is pregnant. Tao you will have a younger sibling now.”

“What???.” I acted surprised.

“Yes Tao.” Said my mom

“Yes!Now I can teach him what he should know.”

“You have to take care of our new member just like how Kris care about you.” said dad.

 

Kris had his anemia again. He didn’t went to school. My parents told me not to disturb Kris so I sat at the living room watching television. After a while I feel bored. I went to my bedroom and peeked at Kris. He is still sleeping. I feel so bored so I just sit beside his bed and look at him. He doesn’t look sick when he is sleeping. Suddenly Kris talked to me.

“Tao, are you going to look at me until there is a hole at my face?".

“Before that happen you should wake up and not to fall a sick again.” I said.

Kris smile and he went back to sleep. That time I realised that Kris is not an ordinary brother. He is very loving, calm and cares about his family a lot. My friends had a brother but he always complained ablut his brother. They were always fighting. I dont even have the chance to fought with Kris