The First Day (Part 1)

Silent Sweetheart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hey, everyone!

Alright, finally, here's the long overdue update for this story! :D

I apologize for the long, but like what I've said in my A/N in "For You Anything... and Everything", I've just graduated from college and now finally have time to write again. So, I'm back with new updates and new stories XD

Please enjoy this chapter!

Legend for character lines:

"normal speech"

"typed on iPad/computer/some gadget, or written, or text message"

*signed*

*signed and spoken at the same time*

“Good God! That does it! I can’t stand it anymore!” Yunho shouted exasperatedly, quite frustrated and having reached the end of his patience already. “Just tell me already, Min! Just tell me what I’m supposed to have done wrong this time!”

It was a normal Monday mid-morning, and the TVXQ duo were in the photo studio for pictorials for their upcoming new album. And the maknae was driving his leader out of his mind. If Yunho didn’t get any clear answers soon- as in right this moment- he was afraid that he was going to go crazy.

Since breakfast in the dorm earlier this morning, to the car ride to the studio, and even until now when they were preparing for the shoot, Changmin had been doing things like muttering darkly under his breath, huffing and sighing exasperatedly now and then, or else banging stuff down the table and slamming doors hard.

Normally, these would be little things from Changmin (since he was an evil maknae after all, these were nothing to what he could do when he really does let his wrath out). But Yunho knew his maknae all too well. These “small things” were signs that there was a storm brewing in the younger male. Yunho knew these signs well because they usually happen when he had done something wrong that had upset Changmin.

And these things simply drove Yunho mad.

Crazy.

Bonkers.

He just wanted to know already what it was that he had done wrong! The suspense always makes him sick in the stomach!

“Oh, don’t pretend you don’t know,” Changmin huffed irritably as the stylist noona fixed and pinned his clothes in the right places. She was wisely concentrating on her job and not getting into the argument of the two. It was much safer for the sake of her sanity that way.

“I am not pretending, Changmin!” Yunho groaned. “I really don’t know what I did wrong! Look, whatever it was, I’m sorry already, okay? Hyung is sorry!”

“Apology not accepted!” Changmin snapped at once. “Not until you fix it, at least!”

“But how am I supposed to fix whatever it was if I don’t even know what it is!” Yunho pointed out exasperatedly. “Just give me one small clue, Min! Just one!”

Changmin rolled his eyes at his helpless hyung, but decided to help him figure it out, anyway. “Fine, then! What day is it today?”

“Erm, Monday?” Yunho said cautiously now, wondering if this was a trap or something.

“And what happens today?!”

“Uhm, we do a pictorial…?”

“Other than that, hyung! Other than that!” Changmin said, his angry mask slipping and a stressed out look taking over his face now. But Yunho couldn’t figure out for the life of him what could bothering Changmin this much.

Before Yunho could answer, however, there was knock on the door of their dressing room, effectively halting their “conversation”.

“Come in!” Yunho called out.

Mr. Kim entered the room.

“Mr. Kim!” Yunho greeted, surprised at seeing the man. Mr. Kim usually came to supervise their performances and concerts, not so much the little things like photo shoots. “What are you doing here today?”

“Isn’t your friend starting out today? Erin? I wanted to make sure that I was here to introduce her to the other staff that she’ll be working with. This isn’t the usual “new employee” thing this time, after all,” Mr. Kim answered amicably.

And the man had a point.

The word had gotten around the staff that there would a new person working with them in assisting the TVXQ duo. And the fact that she was deaf wasn’t missed out in the circulating gossip among the staff. Some were quite interested and curious about her; others were a bit more skeptical about how she was going to work for K-pop idols, since she can’t hear. But whether the reactions were positive or negative, one thing was for sure- everyone was at the very least intrigued about the coming new girl and wanted to meet her for themselves.

“Ah, yes, that’s right,” Yunho nodded a bit in agreement. “Thank you for being here today, then. If I remember correctly, you’re supposed to be meeting with executives in the SM building today instead, right?”

“It’s no big deal. I just requested for the meeting to be moved a few hours later. Thankfully, the big shots agreed to it,” Mr. Kim shrugged, smirking a bit.

“Aren’t you a “big shot”, too?” Yunho chuckled as he put on the coat he was supposed to wear. Mr. Kim was one of the most important and most respected figures in the company, after all.

“I prefer to work with a more hands-on method. I’m in the field with the idols and staff, more often than not. That doesn’t make me so “big shot” for some of the slimy bastards in their stuck-up suits,” Mr. Kim smiled wryly. Then, more seriously, he added, “Anyway, I’ll be outside talking with some of the photographers. I’ll meet you again when your friend arrives, okay?”

With a final nod, Mr. Kim left the room.

Yunho turned back to look at his maknae, only to find Changmin giving him a fiery and deadly glare that left Yunho wondering how on earth he was still alive.

“What now?” Yunho gulped nervously, fearing that he was only seconds from his demise.

“That! That is what’s happening today!” Changmin practically snarled.

Oh.

Yunho had managed to convince Erin to accept the job offer.

Both Changmin and Erin had been quite surprised when Yunho just sprung up that offer on her when she had come to watch their concert. And Erin had been mostly dumbfounded, wondering how Yunho thought she could help them as a part of their staff. But Yunho had promise that her lack of hearing wouldn’t really get in the way of what she had to do, which was mostly to proof read the English in their songs and scripts and manage their international social media accounts, along with giving them a quick lesson in English now and then when they had time.

Erin had been most relucta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter