The First Meeting is a Disaster

Silent Sweetheart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello, everyone! Here's my newest DBSK fanfic. It's Changmin and Erin again, plus a reunion between DBSK and JYJ (since I can't help my ot5 feels XD).

Disclaimer, though! I don't really know much about sign language, so please bear with me here! D:

I hope you guys give it a shot! :)

Legend for character lines:

"normal speech"

"typed on iPad/computer/some gadget, or written, or text message"

*signed*

*signed and spoken at the same time*

Shim Changmin only had about half an hour left until he and Yunho needed to be at the SM building, and he was still here in line, waiting to be able to order his favorite drink. Even though this was the closest Starbucks branch to SM, it was still about 15 minutes away from their company and so Changmin needed to be done here soon. Normally, there aren’t usually many people around this time; it was just Changmin’s bad luck that the place was filled with coffee-goers on the very day that he needed to rush.

Thankfully, Changmin didn’t have to wait too long, and after ten minutes, he had finally gotten the drink that he had been craving for so much. He was about to quickly leave the coffee shop to go to their car outside where Yunho was waiting for him, when, as he had just turned around from the serving counter, somebody walked right into his chest!

The person was about a foot shorter than Changmin was, so it didn’t hurt that much. However, Changmin could care less about the dull, throbbing ache of his chest; he was more “concerned” about the drink that he had lined up for for about half an hour. As expected, collisions in coffee shops never end well, especially when one of the persons involved is holding a drink.

Changmin supposed he should count himself lucky that he had ordered an iced drink; things would have been so much worse if his drink was a hot beverage. But Changmin couldn’t look at this bright side.

Not when he was staring at how his cup was now empty, his drink spilled all over the front of his shirt!

Changmin stared in shock and disbelief down at his shirt for a moment, before looking up to glare at the person that had bumped into him.

“Yah, why don’t you look at where you’re going?!” Changmin couldn’t help but snap a bit harshly, irritated as he was right now.

The girl was a lot smaller than him, and she looked up at him with round, dark brown eyes. She was biting her lip in an obviously very guilty way as she looked back and forth from the mess she had created on Changmin’s shirt to his furious face. However, that was all that she did. She didn’t even offer some kind of apology.

“Aren’t you even going to apologize?” Changmin demanded. As if it wasn’t bad enough that she had spilled his drink, had messed up one of his best shirts, and was now making him late for his schedule- she couldn’t even have the simple manners of offering an apology!

It was taking much effort from Changmin not to raise his voice. Attracting attention would not be good. There were already a few curious looks and smirks being sent in their way by the other customers who were bored out of their minds from waiting in line. Sure, Changmin was wearing a pair of shades, a hat, and a scarf to disguise himself, but if he talked too loudly, there might be a fan around who would recognize his voice.

And then he and Yunho would have to go into another mad dash away from crazy fans again.

But the girl was really getting into his nerves.

She was still just looking up at him, worried and confused.

“Listen here, miss,” Changmin gritted out. “I don’t even expect you to buy me a new drink, but an apology to show that you have some manners in you would be nice!”

The girl just tilted her head at him, her eyes narrowing in confusion.

Changmin couldn’t understand why the hell she was so confused. Maybe she couldn’t understand Korean? She didn’t look Korean, after all… But no, she was holding a few Korean textbooks and literature books under one arm. So, his language can’t be the issue, then.

“Look, I don’t know about you, but I was raised with manners,” Changmin hissed, glaring down at her. You know, that glare that sends most of his hyungs from SM running for the hills when he gives them that look. It was really a miracle that the girl just took a step back in alarm. “When I bump into someone, I apologize; so, forgive me if I’m expecting the same courtesy to be extended to me!”

She just kept looking so confused and unsure of what to do.

And, again, it was confusing Changmin in turn! Why was she so unsure of what to do? Was she so prideful that she can’t even utter the words ‘I’m sorry’? If she was so high and mighty that she wouldn’t even apologize, surely she would also have the goddamn nerve to tell it straight to his face?

“You just messed up my whole schedule, do you know that?” Changmin just continued to rant at her, seeing as she won’t say anything. “Now, I have to go back to our apartment to change! You just had to have the most rotten timing to spill my coffee on my shirt during that very day when I don’t a spare one in the car! Do you know how many interviews and photoshoots will be delayed just because of your carelessness? God, and my manager will have my head for this!”

The girl was staring hard in concentration at Changmin’s lips.

That angered him even more.

Someone please tell him that she wasn’t one of those fans who went gaga because of their looks? Was that why she was ‘speechless’ right now? Ugh, as if Changmin needed more reason to dislike her!

“Do you even know who I am?” Changmin all but spat at her.

He was glad Yunho wasn't there with him. Yunho would have hit him on the head if he had heard Changmin. Yunho didn’t approve of ‘using who they are to always get their way’. And he especially hated using the fact that they were K-pop stars to intimidate people. And, normally, Changmin agreed with Yunho on those things. But right now, he was so furious with the g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter