Anxiety

Formula of Love

Sungyeol’s POV


The sight of Sungjong being excited about Myungsoo never left my mind. Seeing a happy Sungjong never fails to make me smile, but knowing that he’s happy about Myungsoo, I don’t know… it kinda hurt a little. The way Sungjong smiled when he heard the news from Howon... it was different. I’ve never seen him being so happy like that. When he asked me why I wasn’t happy for him, I couldn’t speak. Thank God for Daeyeol pulling him away, we got back to our own seats and the classroom was filled now. 


I pressed my pen on the blank page of my notebook, staring blankly at it. I didn’t notice that I was putting more and more pressure against it. I was so nervous. I didn’t even know this Myungsoo guy. What if I already met him before? Wait, no. Sungjong once told me that Myungsoo moved to The States 9 years ago. Oh, he didn’t just tell me once, he talks about him sometimes. Their plays when they were younger, their friendship on how close they are, on how he misses him so bad. Sometimes I think to myself if I was a blessing in disguise or I just filled the empty spaces that Myungsoo was supposed to fill.


Say, if Myungsoo didn’t leave Korea in the first place, would I be that close to Sungjong? Would Sungjong even talk to me? Myungsoo’s protective, from what Sungjong said. I only knew Myungsoo from Sungjong’s stories, but he never showed a picture of them together.


From that time until dismissal, what was in my mind was my anxiety about this Myungsoo guy. Why was I so anxious, though? Maybe it’s because I think that Myungsoo liked Sungjong too.

“Sungyeol hyung? Did you hear me?”

I blinked several times and went back to reality, drifting away from my deep thoughts. Sungjong worriedly peered at me, cupping my cheeks. Wait, why was he cupping my cheeks? Was I really spacing out for so long?

“S-Sorry. What is it?”

A mellow sigh escaped from his lips, shaking his head in concern. Why is he doing that? How long did I space out? Oh my God, this is so embarrassing.

“Are you okay? You were so out of focus in the classes. Is something bothering you, hyung?”

So I was out of myself for so long. His question made me have the strong urge to nod, but why should I complain about Myungsoo? I don’t even know him. I didn’t want Sungjong to worry about me so I just shook my head and gave out my gummy smile. It always worked every time. When I looked back at him, he wasn’t smiling that much than what he was supposed to.

“Aigoo, hyung. I’ll help you catch up on the lessons, okay? Come to my house when you’re free.”

I’m so blessed to have Sungjong. I beamed again and nodded, waving at him while dragging my feet out of the room, leaving him without any word. I walked briskly, becoming quicker and quicker until I’m already running my way home. I didn’t have time to wait for Daeyeol, I had to get home fast.


When I was already at the front door, I literally turned my bag upside down and shook it, letting all my notebooks, pens and other things fall, speedily searching for the keys at the mess on the floor. I snatched the keys and hastily unlocked the door, opening it with a bang. I sprinted to my room, not even bothering to take my shoes off.  I switched on my laptop until I was on Google, typing in “김 명수”. While it was on its way loading the results, I kept on pressing F5 repeatedly until I realize it’s just delaying everything from loading even more. I opened everything I could see. He has his own Wikipedia page, his Twitter account and he even has a Facebook fanpage.


Reading his Wikipedia page, I found out that he’s born on March 13 (UNLUCKY NUMBER, HA), a year younger than me. He’s a freelance model and he’s had photoshoots for some famous magazines. Aside from that, he’s a freelance photographer, too. He even has his own photobook published. 

‘L’s Bravo Viewtiful. Why L?’

I looked at his Twitter profile afterwards. 

‘INFINITELKIM.’

“Why Infinite…?”

I just shrugged my thoughts away and went back to business, looking at his number of tweets first, his number of following and his number of followers. He doesn’t tweet so much about his personal life, but most of his tweets are either selcas, a photo taken by him, or a new photoshoot. 




 His number of followers are 53k. (And he only has less than 300 tweets. His Twitter is so inactive unlike mine!)

I typed in ‘Seongyeol1991’ and stared blankly at my number of followers, giving out a deep, bored sigh.

One hundred five.


Without the ‘k’. I closed the Twitter tabs and kept on doing my ‘research’ about this Kim Myungsoo. I just stayed in that position, my eyes fixed on the screen that was the only thing that lighted the room. Looking at the leaked photos of his photobook, he’s good at photography. Looking at his photoshoots, he is disturbingly attractive.


I didn’t even notice Daeyeol entering my room, I was too busy. He decided to sit beside me and look at the screen, and the next thing I received was a tough push on the face. I got up and yelled at him in annoyance, gritting my teeth slightly as I watched him close the lid of my laptop.


“Why did you do that?!”
“Why are you doing this? You seem so threatened by Kim Myungsoo.”


I furrowed my brows and huffed at him, turning my head to look away. I heard a sigh from him, a disappointed one. 


“Did you know that you spread so much dirt on the floor because you didn’t take off your shoes? I even fixed your things for you. Hyung, don’t go paranoid because of Myungsoo hyung.”
“You’re ‘hyung’-ing him?”


He got up and grabbed my shoulders tightly and the next thing was— I was being shaken so hard, so hard that I fell back on my bed.

“YOU GOT THIRTY-ONE FREAKING TABS OPEN, ALL ABOUT KIM MYUNGSOO.”

My world was still spinning in dizziness, but I heard him correctly, I just didn’t have the strength to react yet. Daeyeol shook his head and muttered quietly before exiting my room.

“Dinner’s ready... Myungsoo baragi.”
“Wait!”

Daeyeol leaned back so I could see half of his face through my doorway, an eye looking at me. I looked at my toes for moments while chewing on my lower lip, murmuring indistinctly.

“Who’s more handsome? Me or Myungsoo?”

Daeyeol shook his head and rolled his eyes, shouting his answer from the distance.
“DAEYEOL IS!”

I stared at the ceiling blankly, lying like a starfish on my bed. Closing my eyes, I heaved out a sigh and calmed myself. Maybe I shouldn’t be bothered about Myungsoo. He’s just coming back, after all.


But he’s still a threat.


TWITTER FORMAT THINGY IS AN EPIC FAIL CRIES

I guess i'm going to have late updates from now on since i'm the laziest in the world
and i really find it hard making the chapter where myung enters, it's like 7 pages and up and it'S NOT EVEN IN THE MIDDLE YET.
SO THERE'S GONNA BE YEOL(MYUNG)JONG AND MOONDAE (Why is it moondae if daeyeol is older) and lonely gyu pmsl.
hope you understand and forgive my laziness!
for the next chapters, we'll be staying on sungyeol's side for now.

ciao o/