Blind

Formula of Love

Sungyeol's POV

His name is Lee Sungjong. He's the resident pretty boy in our university. He's friendly, he's kind, he's fun. He's my best friend. But mostly, he's the one that I really love.

The problem is... he can't see it.

 



It was the start of another day. School, of course. I sleepily sat on my bed, rubbing my eyes and ruffling my messy bed hair. Meanwhile, my younger brother, Daeyeol, is already rushing here and there. He looks like he's panicking. Why was he panicking?

I tilted my head and wondered. I looked at the alarm clock on the desk beside me.

"7:30."

I mumbled and shrugged, laying my back on the bed. Moments passed and I opened my eyes wide, sitting up quickly and staring at the clock.

Seven-thirty in the morning.

"We're late! Daeyeol! Why didn't you wake me up?!"

Daeyeol rolled his eyes, stuffing his mouth with toasted bread. He started speaking with a muffled voiceㅡhe should've spoken before he ate.

"Because when I tried waking you up, you're all 'Sungjong-ah, oh Sungjongie, you're so beautiful!' You're so obsessed, hyung."

I blinked at him after he tried to impersonate me. I plainly replied to him, snatching a toasted bread from the plate.

"I didn't understand half of what you said."
"What part did you understand? When I said 'Sungjong'?"

I simply gave nod. Recalling my dream a while ago, I can't help but to smile. I asked Sungjong if he loves me. He said yes.

"Pabo hyung! Go shower, we're late!"

Daeyeol's voice kicked me out of my thoughts and I stuffed the whole bread into my mouth, getting my towel and running to the bathroom. Ten minutes later and we're all set. We grabbed our bags and said our goodbyes to our parents. Me and Daeyeol ran to our school, since it's actually just two blocks away.

"Yo! Stop smiling, it's scary."

Daeyeol poked my cheek, making me purse my lips and furrow my brows. He shook his head and laughed, dragging me all the way to the gates. I really don't like it when Daeyeol breaks me out of my daydreams.

And there he is, looking at me. I swear, he's so beautiful.

"Yeol hyung."
"Uh, which one?"

Daeyeol looked at him, chuckling. Sungjong took his arm and gently pushed him away. He looks so cute.

"Yah, yah, get in your homeroom!"

Daeyeol raised his hands in defeat and walked upstairs, looking back at us. Back to Sungjong, he's crossing his arms. He looks up at me with furrowed brows and that cute pout.

"You're so late..."
"What? Hey, I'm on time!"

And exactly, the bell rings. I smiled at him but he just poked his tongue out at me and walked away. What did I do now? I suddenly got worried. So I ran to him... and backhugged him.

"Sungjongie~ I'm sorry?"

Sungjong put his hands over mine. Oh god, this feels like heaven. He turned around to see me, he's so beautiful. Just then he took my hand in his and grinned, dragging me upstairs.

"Come up, hyung! We're late!"

 



We were now in the middle of the day. Sungjong and I sit next to each other so it was easy to talk. He and Daeyeol were both advanced so they became my classmates. Because we  were part of the tallest ones in the room, Sungjong and I sat at the second row from the back, while Daeyeol was placed just behind Sungjong in the last row. We got to pick our seats, thank God I wasn't transferred to the very back.

Oh, mind you. We're in the middle of the class. While the rest were taking notes, I was just doing scribbles with my pen, doing a doodle. Hey, who likes history class? Studying about the past. 'Leave the past alone', right?

"Lee Sungyeol."

I raised my head when I heard my name and I looked at the very front of the room. There was Mr. Kim, narrowing his eyes at me. WaitㅡThat can't be. He won't see me anymore! (Do you get me? His eyes are too small.)

"Yes, Mr. Kim?"
"Are you paying attention?"

I just blinked at him. At least I didn't lie, right? His eyes went back to its original state and continued discussing nevertheless.

"Sungyeol hyung?"

I quickly looked to my left and murmured to Sungjong.

"Waeyo?"
"Do you... Want me to discuss to you our lesson later at lunch break? I mean... You seem busy. What's that?"

I moved my notebook away by reflex. He sat up straight, still trying to look at my notebook. Thanks for Mr. Kim's voice, he announced lunch break and went out of the room, being followed out by my classmates afterwards. I got the chance to hide my notebook from Sungjong. Next then, we stood up and walked to the door.

"Dae hyung. Are you coming?"

Daeyeol shook his head and continued writing on his notebook.
"I'm finishing the homework now then I'll ask Sunggyu to check them later on."
"He's our professor, why aren't you calling him Mr. Kim?"
"I called him 'ahjussi' a lot of times, so he let me call him Sunggyu."

Sungjong and I just nodded at him. My younger brother just grinned up at us and told us to enjoy our time together, then gave me a wink afterwards. Sungjong just laughed at this, but for me it's like Daeyeol was indirectly telling Jongie about my feelings for him. Not cool.

 



"So... Yeollie hyung?"
"I was just scribbling on my notebook."

Sungjong raised his brows at me, giving me a look and laughing the next. I gave out a small pout at the sight of seeing him doing that.

"So defensive. Hey, if you like someone, you should be telling me. I'll go judge if they look good with you."

He laughed as if his joke was funny. I just gave him a smile, though. I liked seeing him smile, a lot. But then... he never notices a single thing.

"By the way, I should be telling you about our lesson, now."

He took a big bite off his sandwich. But before he even starts talking, I put a finger on his lips.

"Don't be like Daeyeol. He stuffs his mouth before he speaks."

Sungjong nodded and smiled with full cheeks. Just then, two seniors approached us and placed their foods on our table.

"Could we eat here?"

We both nodded at them. It was the famous twins in our university, they're known as the Tasty twins. They're just like that, they're random. Sungjong moved to sit by my side, he was so huddled close to me. I just started eating, while Sungjong was chatting with the twins. I kept quiet while I ate. I just watched them and looked around for Daeyeol. Where is that kid?

Just then, I felt a weight on my shoulder. I looked and there was Sungjong laying his head on my shoulder. I smiled and tapped his shoulder this time, whispering.

"Sleepy?"
"Mhm."

Soryong nudged Daeryong's shoulder and looked at the both of us, smiling.

"Hey, we gotta go now."

I nodded and smiled back at them.

"Annyeong, hyungs."
"Good luck with pretty boy."

Daeryong mouthed at me and Soryong saluted to me before they turned their backs to walk away. Am I that obvious?

I just noticed something. This was exactly like my dream. In the cafeteria, Sungjong was resting his head on my shoulder. Could this be...?

I cleared my throat and gathered up all the courage I needed. Moving my head slightly, I whispered to him gently.

"Sungjong?"
"Hyung?"

He murmured back quietly, sleepily. I pursed my lips, staring down at the table.

"Do you love me?"
"Yes, hyung."

I felt my cheeks get hot. I bet I'm blushing right now. My eyes were wide and a toothy grin spread on my lips. I whispered again, my hand on his cheek.

"R-Really?"

Sungjong lifted his head, facing me and cupping my cheeks, smiling at me. Is this for real?

"You're the bestest friend I've ever had. Why would I not love you?"

The grin that was on my lips suddenly vanished. He eyesmiled happily, squishing my cheeks and hugging me. I slowly hugged back, my chest suddenly growing heavy.

"Saranghamnida, Yeollie hyung~"

I didn't reply back, I just gave out a faint smile.


Again, he never notices.


a/n: i was planning to post this like a long time ago but my ipHONE GOT BROKEN AND MOM WON'T BRING IT TO THE GUY WHO FIXES IT. FRICK FRACK FRUCK. was it good? was it bad? idEK ANYMORE THANKS FOR READING cries.

ps. since typhoon glenda visited the philippines, my internet antenna(?) got broken so no internet for me. idk until when. so... longer hiatus?

pps. I DONT LIKE SUNGJONG'S NEW HAIRDO UGH. AND DONGWOO. NO. NO. NO. AND MYUNGSOO'S!1!1 FAK NO. DONT EVER GO BLONDE AGAIN.

i'm ok with sungyeol's hair o u o