Minzy's Escape (part 1)

Alone at Last

 

Minji’s PV

“…5,6,7,8. And hold pose,” Chaerin unnie said.

I glance at the clock. It’s five to 7pm.

“Minji ah, I said hold your pose. That means your eyes too,” Unnie scolds me.

“Sorry unnie,” I quickly say.

I just needed to know the time. Oppa is supposed to call me at 8pm, and here I am still practicing with my members. What to do, what to do? How am I going to escape from my members?

I guess this is a good time to mention that I haven’t told anyone that I’m dating Chanyeol oppa. Well I did tell Heeyun unnie but that’s it. I haven’t even told my unnies this. Yes I know I’m a bad maknae for not telling them this but I just haven’t found the right time to tell them and I really should talk it over with Chanyeol oppa first because it does involve him too.

“Okay girls, that’s a wrap,” Chaerin finally said.

“Yay!” Bom unnie screamed and jumped around.

Aigoo this unnie.

“Yah Bom ah how can you still have energy,” Dara unnie complained.

“Because you’re an Ahjumma,” Bom unnie said and stuck her tongue out.

Oh dear the Park sisters are at it again in 3, 2, 1...

“Yah! How dare you Bom ah?! You’re older than me!” Dara said.

“It doesn’t look like it if you’re so tired.”

“I’ll show you tired,” Dara unnie said and started chasing Bom unnie around the room.

As I start laughing at their childish behavior, I see Chaerin unnie shaking her head.

“Aiyo what am I going to do with these kids,” she mumbles.

“Look on the bright side unnie,” I say to her “They will probably tire themselves out and they’ll go to sleep straight away when we get home.” I giggle as I imagine the unnies collapses as soon as they reach their rooms. It does happen sometimes.

Chaerin unnie sighs again,

“Come on ahjummas, we have to get going,” She said to the unnies.

“AHJUMMAS?!?! How dare you Chaerin!” they both say as they start to follow our leader out the door.

I shake my head. Will they ever grow up? I’m not sure. Maybe one day. I linger a little in the room.

Now where should I go? I could go back to the dorm with the others but they probably will be able to hear my conversation with oppa and quite frankly I don’t want to explain things just yet. I guess I should just stay here at YG. I could just hide in one of the rooms. Yup, I think I’ll do that.

“Minji ah, hurry up,” I look up to see Dara unnie. “Why are you taking so long?”

“Oh unnie I think I’m going to stay here for a couple more hours,” I tell her. Please unnie don’t ask questions.

“Why?” And of course she does.

“I think I’m just going to practice some more,” I lie. “I just don’t feel like going home just yet.”

She looks at me a bit suspiciously. I can tell she wants to ask more. She narrows her eyes a bit as if contemplating whether she should just let me be or ask more. Please unnie just go.

“Okay, but don’t over work yourself Minji,” she says.

“I won’t,” I let out a sigh as I see her start to turn around.

“Oh but Minji ah, come straight home okay. It’s getting late. No meeting up with friends. And definitely no meeting up with boys. Okay?” She says. Unnie can be way too motherly sometimes.

I try my hardest not to roll my eyes.

“Yes unnie,” I say.

She gives one last look before she turns to go.

Yes, phase one complete: Escape the unnies. Now begins phase two: avoid everyone and find a quiet place to talk.

Now where can I go? I know! A recording studio. They shouldn’t all be filled. I think the ones on the fourth floor should be empty. Good thing we’re on the third floor.

These are one of the times I am grateful that YG’s staff is relatively small compared to other companies. Less people I have to worry about having to explain myself to. Because if I have to explain myself to one of the Big Bang oppas… I just would rather not.

You see when the unnies and I say the Big Bang oppas are like brothers to us we’re not kidding or just saying that. They are exactly what I imagine brothers to be like; they’re supportive, loving, caring, annoying, loud and in my case overprotective. Yup, they’re the big brothers I never had. Except Seungri oppa. He’s more like that cousin that is kind of a bad influence, but is still really a cool guy so you hang out with him any way. Not to say he’s not everything the other oppas are, he’s just not always a big brother figure.

I just hope no one sees me.

As I get to the fourth floor, it was exactly as I expect to find it. Empty. I look into the first two recording studios and they’re dark but as I tried to pull their doors open I find that they’re locked. Damn! All my problems would have been solved there.

The lights are on in the third one, this could be good or bad. Someone could be in there recording or it’s unlocked and someone forgot to turn off the lights.

As I peek in the room it’s the former. Damn it Youngbae oppa, why now of all times do I have to find you here? I look at my watch. It’s 7:03pm.

“Mingkki!”

O.O

That voice. Best case scenario, it’s Seungri oppa trying to sound like Jiyong oppa. Worst case scenario…

“Yah, country girl what are you doing? Stop creeping on Youngbae!”

Nope, the world is against me tonight.

“Oh annyeonghaseyo Jiyong oppa,” I turn to him and say.

“You didn’t answer my question Mingkki,” he says as he gets closer. “What are you still doing here anyway? I saw the girls on their way out.”

I knew he would ask what I was up to. He always does.

"I was just-"

"Don't tell me you like Youngbae! Because I swear Mingkki you are too young to be dating anyone..."

Jiyong oppa goes on for a bit more but I stopped listening to him as soon as he cut me off. This is why I didn't want Jiyong oppa to catch me.

If I had gotten caught by Seungri oppa, it would have been okay. I just tell him I’m here to be alone and practice a bit. He wouldn't question me. He could even catch me on the phone with Chanyeol oppa and he would just nod and leave me be. I think he even suspects me of having a boyfriend or at least seriously talking to someone. And guess what? He hasn’t said anything against it. How do I know he knows that something’s up? At our last concert in Singapore, Chanyeol oppa sent me flowers. Not just any flowers. He sent me a bunch of 21 purple tulips with a hot pink bow keeping them together. Purple and pink are my favorite colors, and tulips are my favorite flower*.  I asked oppa why he sent 21 instead of the normal dozen. And he replied "One for every year the world has been lucky to have you jagiya." And here I thought it was because of our group name, I should have known he would come up with something cheesy like that. But the point is Seungri oppa was the only one who noticed my strange attachment to the bouquet. He pointed out that I had so many flowers but held onto only those. Seungri just laughed when I tried to defend myself. And here Jiyong oppa is still talking.

"...and another thing, just because you're of age now does not mean you can be out so late by yourself..."

"Yah! Why are you making so much nose?!" Oh no. I didn't even notice oppa come out.

"Oh Youngbae oppa," was all I could say.

"Yah Jiyong, you are always complaining that I take so long to record but here you are outside my recording studio doing nothing but make noise!" Oppa said.

"Me making noise has nothing to do with your inability to record quickly. Besides I am not making so much noise anyway," Jiyong oppa retaliated.

"Well maybe if you were quieter and didn't screech like an old woman..."

"I know you didn't just say that."

"Oh I did."

Are these guys really my oppa? Well while they are arguing I am just going to slowly back away maybe they won't not-

"Yah Gong Minji! You stay right there!"

Great, I should have known that Jiyong oppa wouldn't let me get away.

"Oh Mingkki, what are you doing here so late," Youngbae oppa asks me.

"Late? It's only 7:17," I reply.

"But didn't you girls already finish practice for today you should be resting for your concert in a few days," Youngbae oppa said.

Before I could say anything, Jiyong oppa cut me off.

"That's what I was saying to her just now."

I send a mild glare at oppa, that was not what he was saying.

"I asked her if she was meeting up with someone but she refused to answer!"

"Is that true Minji ah?" Youngbae oppa asked me.

"Oppa, you didn't even give me a chance to answer!" I replied to Jiyong. Aish this oppa is dramatic.

"So it is true! You are meeting someone," Youngbae oppa said.

"I knew it! Who is it? It's one of the dancers isn't it?" Jiyong oppa said.

"No, it's probably one of the Winner boys. Wasn't Jinwoo telling you that one of them had a crush on her?" Youngbae reasoned.

"Yeah you're right," they turned to me, "So Mingkki who is it?"

"Yeah, tell us."

Oh no they are double teaming me.

"It's not any of them," I start off.

"Then who?" They ask in unison. "And don't say you're not meeting anyone because we know you are."

May I just say they are really scary when they're synchronized. So scary that all I could do was stutter.

"I I I ..."


*flower: I don't actually now Minji's fav flower so i jjust put my favorite flower.

Author's Note: Hi everyone, so you see I meant to finish this story before I started school again but... yeah. But I swear I will finish by the end of this week!

please don't be mad.

I hope you enjoy this.