Minzy's Escape (part 2)

Alone at Last

Minji's PV

"Noona! There you are, come on the boys are waiting for you."

Before I could say anything, the boy was dragging me down the stairs again. I swear this boy doesn't treat me like a noona at all. He forgets that I am the older one.

"Yah Hanbin ah! Slow down, where are you taking me any way?"

"Noona, you promised to help me," he said. "And besides you should be thanking me from getting you away from the hyungs, you looked like you didn't want to be there."

"That is still not reason enough to drag your noona around," I reply. "And you expect me to help you."

"Please noona, I really need your help," he said with a pout. "Come on noona, don't you want me to debut as fast as possible?"

Damn him for being so adorable. *sigh

"Fine."

"Yay! Thank you noona, but I knew you couldn't say no to me," he said with a smirk.

I punched him lightly.

"Ya, don't push your luck, I can still say no," I reply.

We reached his practice room. I could hear music playing faintly from inside. 

"Noona!" I hear someone scream as soon as I open the door.

"Annyeong Bobby, is it just you and Hanbin practicing?" I ask.

"Yeah but Jinhwan hyung is here too. Look," he says as he points at their quiet hyung. He was sitting on a bench near the door. Jinhwan looked up from his phone to greet me.

"Annyeonghaseyo Minji," he says to me and goes back to his phone.

Well would you look at that. He instantly smiles as his phone lights up again. Someone special is texting him. Oh my same age friend you have some explaining to do. Jinhwan and I get along really well, I might be able to give him some advice and vice versa.

“Annyeong,” I greet Jinhwan and then turn to the others. “So what do you need help with?”

“We need you to look over our routine and tell us if you think Papa YG would like it. And you have to be super harsh okay noona, no sugar coating anything.”

I chuckle. This is why I always admired Hanbin and why I always compliment him. His determination to better himself and to learn from others always astounded me. People say I was always mature for my age but that was because I only had to worry about myself. Hanbin on the other hand always felt the need to look after not only himself but his groupmates as if they were his own brothers. He was a born leader.

I look at my watch, it’s only 7:24. I have time.

“Okay, kids, but only for a few minutes,” I say to them.

After running through the routine a few time Bobby and Hanbin, took a water break. I took this opportunity to go bother- I mean talk to Jinhwan. 

“Hey,” I call out to him. “Who have you been texting so much lately? I swear every time I see you are grinning madly and staring at your cell.” 

“What are you talking about?” he replies while looking away.

“Ya, look at me,” I say. “Come on, you can tell me. I won’t tell anyone.”

“Well...” he drawled out.

“Yeah hyung who’s your special someone?” Hanbin said.

“Yeah, tell us,” Bobby added.

“Ya! Go away,” I yell at them. “Now for sure he won’t say anything!”

Honestly these kids, if they wanted to know so badly they could have just stayed quiet and listened but no, they had to open their big mouths.

“But hyung, why would you tell noona and not us?” Hanbin said.

“Yah, I wouldn’t tell you kids either,” I said. “You both talk too much.”

“Noona!” Bobby said while pretending to be offended.

I stick my tongue out at them. Jinhwan chuckles.

“Shouldn’t you be practicing anyway?” I said.

“And shouldn’t you be at home resting noona?” Bobby retorted.

Damn, what time is it?

7:47! How did all that time go by?

I shot up and started collecting my bag.

“I’ll see you guys later okay. Bye,” I said as I walk out the door.

“Bye Noona,” I hear them say as I close the door.

Okay now back to operation find quiet room. I know! The roof. Why didn’t I go up there before?

As I’m running toward the stairs I literally run into someone.

“Ooof,” I said as I fell to the floor.

“Oh, Minji ah. What are you still doing here?” I heard him say.

“Aigo, Oppa watch where you’re going.” 

“Sorry Minji I didn’t see you there.” 

“Well watch it next time Jinwoo oppa,” I say as he helps me up.

I would run into Jinwoo oppa at this time. This oppa is probably late on his way to practice or something, I bet he took a wrong turn somewhere…

“But you didn’t answer me, what are you still doing here?”

 I debated on whether to just straight up lie to him or tell him I was helping out BI and Bobby. 

“You should leave, Mino won’t shut up about you and we all know he isn’t the most faithful guy,” he said.

I roll my eyes. Jinwoo is almost as bad as Jiyong and Youngbae oppa. And I don’t know why they think Mino oppa is in love with me or something. His personality just comes off as a little flirty thats all.

“If he is so fickle as you all say, why do you even bother warning me to stay away from him,” I reply. “Shouldn’t he just get over me in like a week. You all make no sense.”

“So are you saying you do want to be his flavor of the month? Minji!” he retorts.

I place my hand on my head and just shake my head. This oppa is just impossible sometimes.

“Why do I even bother to argue with these oppas?” I ask no one in particular. 

I look at my watch, it’s 7:50. I really need to lose this oppa before one of s comes looking for him. with my luck it would be all of them at once and Lord knows how long those noisy dorks could keep me hostage. What to do, what to do…

“Do you have some place to be Minji ah, you keep looking at your watch? Are you late for something?” Jinwoo oppa decides this is the proper time to not be his usual lost puppy self.

“I’m actually-”

“You are going to meet someone!” he cuts me off. “Who?! Tell me now Minji, it better not be Mino that would explain why he isn’t in the practice room. Well no one is in the practice room but still,” he says this so fast I can’t believe I caught any of it.

I could only look at him and say dumbly “What?” with my mouth slightly open.

“It’s true! No wonder you always defend Mino. You like him!” 

This oppa is so dramatic. 

“Who likes who?” I hear someone say behind me.

Great. More people.

I turn around and Lady luck really isn’t on my side today. The four remaining members of Winner were standing right there.

Before I could say anything Jinwoo oppa yells out “No one likes anyone!”

The rest of the boys just stare.

“Okaaaaaayyyy,” Seungyoon starts. “Hyung we’ve been looking for you everywhere for you. What are you doing here?” He asks.

“What are you talking about? I went to the practice room and no one was there,” Jinwoo oppa replies.

“Hyung, we’re in the practice room downstairs not on this floor,” Taehyun said.

See, I knew he was lost.

“Oh,” was all oppa said.

“Well, you guys probably need to go now,” I said while I tried to back away from them. “I’ll just see you guys later okay.”

“Wait, Minji ah,” Mino says “Do you want to come watch us?” 

The rest of s turn to look at him. Ugh how am going to get out of this one? I don't want to be rude and might tell Jiyong oppa I was still here wandering about. I look at my watch it’s 7:53.

But then the most wonderful thing happens.

“Mino, Minji was probably on her way out. We can’t bother her now, she needs to rest for her concert.”

Thank you, thank you, Seunghoon oppa. You are my new favorite. 

“Yeah sorry guys but I really do need to go,” I say. “But good luck with practice.”

I turn and start walking away from them before they could distract me more.

Okay I only need to go up a couple of floors now. 

As I reach the fifth floor I start to wonder why I didn’t take the stairs.

I guess I didn’t think that one through. But oh well I’m almost there anyway.

I can feel my phone starting to vibrate. I only have a few steps left. I reach for the knob  turning it and swiftly stepping onto the roof. I close the door behind me and take a deep breath. Okay here goes, I press the answer button and say:

“Annyeong oppa.”

“Oppa,” I repeat.
...

“Chanyeol oppa,” I say a little louder this time.

Still nothing. 

“YAH! Oppa!”

“Oh, annyeong jagiya,” he finally answers.

And I can’t help but think that all that work was worth it to hear my oppa say,

“I missed you.”

 And I can’t help the words that escape when I reply:

“I missed you too.”


Author's note: Yay! I finished! This was my first attempt at a multi chap fic!

Thank you all to those who read, subscribed, commented and upvoted.

You guys really make my day ^^

*sends virtual hugs and cookies to everyone <3 <3 <3