Challenge Accepted!

Alone at Last

 

Having eleven other members is great. There is always someone around. And when I mean always, I mean always. If you are hungry and want to go out to eat, there is someone there to accompany you. If you’ve have a particularly hard day and you need to talk to someone, someone is there. Being alone is nearly impossible. Which is a blessing and a curse. It’s a curse when you find yourself in my situation. When you need to speak to someone who supposedly doesn’t exist. When you’re trying to speak to your girlfriend of two and a half months.

I look at my watch. It’s 7:27pm. I have 33 minutes to find a quiet private place to call her. But this will be the first time I’ll be calling her from my dorm.  Thirty three minutes to hide from my members. Challenge accepted.

We’re on our way back from a photo shoot. I look to my right and see Jong in dozing off. Poor kid. I’m pretty sure he has another schedule in about an hour.  As our van comes to a stop, I shake him a little.

“Yah, Jongin ah,” I whisper to him. “We’re here, wake up.”

He opens up his eyes a bit, nods and slowly gets out of the van.  He looks like a sleepy zombie, well if zombies could be sleepy. I don’t think zombies sleep at all so really they shouldn’t ever get sleepy…

‘Yah! You have a mission!’ I snap myself back to the task at hand.

I turn and see my other members getting out of their vans. I sling my bag over my shoulder and look at my watch again. It’s 7:32 now, only 28 minutes left. I have to call her at 8pm exactly.

Oh you’re probably wondering who she is. Well I’ll give you a hint. She’s younger than me, a better dancer than me and she’s from YG entertainment. Do you want to guess? Well I’ll just tell you because I love saying it. My girlfriend is…

Drumroll…

The one and only…

Gong Minji

More famously known as 2NE1’s Minzy.

Surprised? Yeah I am too sometimes.

As I finally step into our dorm I look at my watch again. 7:34. I quickly rush to my room and put my bag down.

‘Okay Jong in is going to leave soon, but who else is going with him?’ I think to myself. ‘Is it Luhan hyung or Yixing Hyung?’

I run my hands through my hair as I can’t remember.

‘Hmmmmm, maybe I can just lock my door and no one will bother me’ I thought to myself.

As I start to get up, Tao comes rushing in and slams the door behind him. Great, well that’s not going to work.

“Yah, what did you this time?” I ask him.

“I swear Minseok hyung is mad at me for no reason this time. I didn’t do anything this time,” he frantically replied.

“Sure you didn’t, just like all the times before,” I replied with a smirk. Sometimes this kid doesn’t know when to stop joking around.

I look at my watch, it’s 7:40.

All of sudden I hear pounding on my door.

“Yah! Huang Zitao I know you’re in there,” Minseok hyung yells from the hallway. He starts to shake the door handle.

Aish! I don’t have time for this. Sorry Tao.

“Move, I have to get out,” I say to Tao.

“No! Hyung please don’t open the door,” he pleads.

Now on a normal day I wouldn’t be able to push him away from the door, but today was a little different. With a big shove to Tao (and I mean BIG), I pulled open the door and found a furious Minseok hyung about to hit the door again.

Hyung wastes no time in charging toward Tao. I turn one last time and see Tao cowering not knowing where to run.

Well back to my dilemma. Where would be a good place for my phone call. Hmmm…

Maybe the kitchen. Everyone was tired; hopefully they went to their rooms to rest.

I quickly tiptoe to the kitchen. The lights are off. Well that’s a good sign.

I don’t turn the lights on so I don’t gather so much attention. I think I’ll sit behind the counter.

Yes, finally a quiet place. I look at my watch, 7:46. How in the world does time keep going by so fast?

Well at least I can relax a little. Ahhhhhhhh I can’t wait to talk to my jagiya. I haven’t spoken to her in a week. Sure we have been texting, but it’s nothing like hearing her beautiful voice.

Shall I tell you about how me and my Mingkki got together? I do have a few minutes to kill. Well it all started-

What was that? I thought I heard a soft giggle.

No, no please no. I just comfortable here too.

I crawl around the counter and guess what I see? Come on guess.

It’s Kyungsoo ah and Jongdae sitting near the fridge. They must be watching a movie or something because they don’t notice me. Why didn’t I notice the light from their computer screen earlier?

Aish! Now I have to look for a new spot. And time is not on my side.

Quick think, where is a good spot?

The bathroom? No someone was definitely going have to go there eventually. Should I go outside? No I’ll probably have to ask manager hyung for permission. And I don’t have time to think of an excuse for him.  

I look at my watch. Damn it it’s 7:53. (How does time keep going so fast?0

I walk into the living room, maybe I’ll thin-

That’s it! Why didn’t I think of this sooner?

I scurry over to the door near the coach.

Yes, of course no one will even think about looking for me in here.

I can’t believe I forgot all about this closet. This closet has all our winter coats in here. Sure it’s a little cramped but I can sit on the floor and talk to my jagiya.

I look at my watch, 7:56. I did it, I found my spo-

Wait what was that?

“Where did everyone go?” I hear someone say outside.

Is that Joonmyeon hyung?

“Aish these kids leave their things everywhere.”

Nope that’s Minseok hyung. I wonder what we left out this time?

I hear hyung mumbling (something about “these kids need to pick up more”) and shuffling off, probably to his room.

My watch lights up. It’s 7:59. Time to call my Mingkki. Yeah I know I said I was supposed to call her at 8pm, will one minute really make a difference?

I type her number in. What did you expect me have her number programmed in my phone? Well I wish but what if one of the members or one of the managers needed to look through my phone and found it? That would lead to too many questions. Besides, I memorized her number a long time ago.

*Beep

*Beep

 It’s dialing.

*Beep

*Beep

Come one jagiya, pick up.

*Beep

She usually picks up by now. Maybe, she’s busy. What if she forgot? What is she got caught? What if she’s in trouble? What if she sick? What if-

“YAH! Oppa!”

Oh, she picked up.

“Oppa, I know you’re there answer,” she says.

“ Oh, anyeong jagiya,” I say. I can feel my cheeks stretching. “Sorry I was a bit distracted.”

“Better not have been by a girl,” I hear her say and can almost see her pout too.

“Come on Minji, you know Park Chanyeol only has eyes for you,” I reassure her.

“Hmph, you better,” she says.

I chuckle. Finally, I can tell her what I've been wanting to say for a while:

“I missed you.”


 

Author's Note: So I meant to post this last week but.... yeah....

Lol but I hope you all enjoyed it. I had all of you guessing who he was didn't I? 

After seeing some requests I was very tempted to change Chanyeol to Baekhyun, but I had already envisioned the whole story with Chanyeol. 

Well next chapter will be Minzy's quest to find a quiet spot to talk to her yebo. Away from her unnies, Big Bang oppa's and maybe some of her hoobaes too will make an appearance. ^.^

Thanks again for reading.