His Place

Clouded

                                                                                   His Place                                                                             

Again, Kyung was looking at the clouds, slowly passing above him. He reaches the park, not wanting to stay home today, it was the weekend and no matter how he looked, staying inside his house didn’t bring him much happy thoughts.

 

Kyung liked to rap, one thing which others wouldn’t have guessed of, and surely he himself didn’t realise he could till he began spending his days by himself, thinking of random things and saying them out loud.

 

Soon the random things become more constructed and well presented, as they began to rhyme and have a certain feel to it, with a speed that kept continuously increasing, which just proved how much he was improving… or more like lonely he had become.

 

He laid down on the grass, with his headphones on, which probably costed a month’s rent of their house, which didn’t explain Kyung having them at all in the first place.

 

It was one of the gifts he received each year from his dad, he didn’t speak to the other, neither did he held any bad feelings towards him when he left his mother with a satisfactory amount of money with, who Kyung couldn’t  leave by herself.
As time went by, the money lessened and lessened from his mother spending it continuously on meaningless things and nights out, which caused for Kyung to get some part-time job at a local shop to earn money for at least their food and rent, before they would be left without a penny.

 

-

 

He closed his eyes, as he tuned into some song rapping along with it. Zico on the other hand, was walking his mother’s stupid dog, for which he better be paid good amount for. She said 20minutes of a walk was enough, and tying the dog onto a tree and leaving him there for the 20minutes while he just lazed around wasn’t a way to go.

 

He hums some tune, with few hand gestures from time to time, to make himself look more skilful, as the dog tries to get away from him.

 

He hears something, well rather someone’s voice, but not too clearly as he stops suddenly, making the dog stop in surprise too… more like get strangled for few seconds from the sudden stop.

 

Zico looks around trying to figure out from which direction the voice was coming from, finally deciding to head for his right. The closer he got the clearer the voice became, well more like the rap got, finally able to hear the actual words.

 

The voice seemed familiar, probably one of the songs he has on his mp3 player. The closer he got the more familiar the figure on the ground began to seem. And to his surprise, it was none other, than Kyung.

 

 He walks up to him, and lightly kicks his side; obviously startling Kyung, as the other jumps up to his side in surprise. He watches Kyung taking off his headphones before looking up, and the second his eyes meet Zico’s, his expression turns sour.

 

Zico smirks, as he tries to kick the other again, “Ah, I even have to see your face on weekends”. To his surprise, today Kyung really wasn’t in the mood to take his crap, as he grabs the others leg, and yanks it forward, with Zico falling back, without even realising that he had let go of the dogs leash.

 

He falls down harshly, and to make it worse, his ankle hits against a stone, as he cries out in pain. “” Zico curses, getting himself up on his elbows, and looking at his ankle as he winches in pain. Kyung just gets up casually, brushing the grass off his of his trousers, not even bothering to look at Zico.

 

“You little-” Zico begins, whiles trying to get up, but winches in pain coming from his ankle again, as his eyes grow wide when he looks ahead. Kyung follows the direction the other was looking at, only to see a dog chasing some squirrel into the distance.
“Go” Zico shouts out, as if it was an obvious thing “GO!” he screams again, pointing at the dog that was continuing to chase the squirrel further and further.

 

-

 

What was it again? Kyung thought, as he ran after the dog… just why was he chasing Zicos dog for him?. He didn’t mean for the other to hurt himself like that, but Zico most certainly deserved it, and letting go of the dogs leash, was most definitely not his fault.

 

It didn’t take long to catch the dog, as the dog was now sitting by tree, which the squirrel has taken a hiding in. Kyung just walks up, taking the leash, and begins walking back.

 

Zico was now on the bench, with one leg resting on his thigh as he rubbed his sore ankle. He glared at Kyung, the second he realised Kyung was returning with the dog, and Kyung stopped just few metres away. “What?” He asked annoyed, “Should I let go?” he asked, lifting up the leash in his hand, and the only thing Zico could do was to look down and tighten his fists in anger; he really stood no chance of catching that dog himself with his ankle like this and it wasn’t like that damn dog ever listened to him anyway.  

 

-

 

The whole walk home, felt full of shame as he limped with small winces escaping his lips every so often. Kyung was most definitely was going to be paying him back for this.

 

-

 

“This is the part where I guess I have to teach you what it means messing around with me” he laughs wickedly walking towards Kyung. Kyung standing still, he wasn’t going to run away like a little girl, he was going to take all the other had to give.
On the other hand, the other had to give too much, as the next thing he saw was Zico’s hands in the air with his eyes wide and flying towards Kyung.

 

Then both of their eyes wide as they looked into each other’s eyes, with Kyung finally tossing the other off himself. “You’re sick man!” Kyung shouts out, rubbing his lips and then spitting angrily onto the floor. “Don’t come near me you sick bastard!” Kyung shouts out again, before getting up and storming off. He could take a beating and what not, but this type of act was not going to be something Kyung would be going to participate in ever.

 

“What!?” Zico shouts out, still wide eyed and shocked “I tripped over!” He screams out, as his senses come back, obviously his ankle has not healed properly yet “I tripped!”.

 

-

 

What was this? This is far from humiliating; it’s hundred times worse then what he had ever experienced. As if tripping over his own foot, and then falling onto Kyung wasn’t enough, having their lips touch and now the other thinking that he swings the other way was too much for him.

 

“Ah” Zico moans in anger and frustration, as he rolls in his bed, why did it have to happen to him!?.

 

-

 

Boy did he ever not notice how hard it was for him to get left alone for even few minutes. All he wanted was to clear the misunderstanding, yet all these people continuously clinging by his side, made it almost like mission impossible.

 

-

 

It was a week, and Zico found himself outside the others house. He had been waiting for the past 20 minutes, making at least 5 attempts to escape, yet still soon returning, and planning everything that he will be saying to Kyung to clear this mess. Finally, he hears the door open, and his heart begins to beat intensely, but look, a discovery… apparently he did have a heart.

 

 “Oh great” Kyung says, as he sees the other, barely stopping himself from heading back inside. “L-look…” Zico stutters nervously, almost wanting to hit himself, why was he even stuttering for?. “Go away” Kyung says, as he walks past him, with Zico quick to follow after him. “I-I tripped” Zico explains, feeling somewhat better and then flustered and angry at the others words “Don’t care” Kyung replies, as he quickens his pace.

 

“Look!” Zico says, running over and grabbing the others wrist. “I said I tripped and it was an accident. You’re lucky I wasn’t able to beat the crap out of you” he says, almost satisfied as to how this situation was getting solved, till once again… Kyung’s reply, messing it all up, “I would rather you have done that”.

 

“Ah” Zico screams out annoyed, “Even if you tell others, no-one will believe you” now smirking, with the smirk getting wiped off once again, “I wouldn’t want to shame myself anyway”, Kyung returns the smirk back, as he yanks his wrist away from the others grip.

 

“What do you want?” Zico says in defeat, “Money?”. Kyung looks back, and it almost feels like Zico has caught the other in his palm, till he hears the others reply “Friends…”.

 

-

 

And so it all began, Zico declaring Kyung as one of his so called best friends and it didn’t take much for it to become real. Surprisingly, they had more in common than either of them could imagine, not to even mention how they began spending most of their time together.

 

This was it; it felt like Kyung had his place back. The sun in his world has finally begun to shine again and he was certainly glad he had met Zico, at least for some time…

                                                                                                                                                                                 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! ಥ_ಥ
WARNING: The next chapter will be... a bit... rated... [or at least a failed attempt to do so...] +_+