Seen Me Before

Reincarnation

The birds chimed as she walked through the streets. Exhaustion filling her limbs as she walked aimlessly through the streets. Her heart begged for her to go back home, where she had people she could trust and rely on, but her mind told her otherwise. She had to get away, she knew, but she had no idea where to start from. Her long walk led her towards her apartment, where her own car was still parked in its usual spot. She inhaled deeply as she looked around, and to her relieve, Dara wasn’t there. She walked into the lobby, the guards smiling at her as she walked towards the elevator, numbly pushing the buttons.

As the doors opened, she looked at herself in the mirrors of the elevator, her eyes widening as she saw the mess she had become. Her hair was tangled, blond locks covering half her face, dark half-moons under her eyes as dust and dirt covered her skin. She shook her head as she tried to remove some of the dirt with the back of her hand. Tears falling again from her eyes as she realized what she had become in one day, a total wreck.

The elevator's doors opened at her floor, and she quickly walked into her apartment, half glad she still had her keys with her. She locked the door after her and walked into her bedroom, feeling anxiety running through her like the tides of an angry ocean. Chaerin looked at her bed, neatly done, her clothes still on top of it, everything untouched. Dara hasn’t come back. She grabbed the same clothes she had prepared and walked into her bathroom, letting the warm water run. The burning on her body had lessened, and whoever touched her would think she had a slight fever. She smiled inwardly as she touched the water, the steaming blurring the mirrors and the windows. She put a foot inside her shower, then complete entered, letting the water run through her body, allowing it to cleanse her completely. She closed her eyes as she let her hair get wet, the feeling of the warmth water soothing on her skin. But little did she knew that the water was actually cold.

She felt a shiver run through her body, and she threw her head back as she felt her veins burning within her flesh. She gasped as she opened her eyes, a steam emanating out of her body as the water fell over her. She looked at her hands, they were red, the skin burning as she moved them, her nails had turned red, and she screamed, losing the balance and falling flat on the floor. She moved back, out of the shower, panting hysterically as she held onto the sink, trying to stand up. As she did, she looked at herself on the mirror, and she blinked furiously as she saw her reflection. Red, wet hair falling over her face. Red eyes slightly covered under her hair. She shook her head as she took a few steps back, crying silently as she saw her reflection.

‘There’s fire burning within you.’ She put her hands over her face as she looked at her. A fiery gleam beamed out of her eyes, she could see the changing red on her eyes, suddenly turning orange, and then, finally back to brown. Her hair slowly lost its color, going back to blond. She buried her face on her hand as she screamed, screamed at the top of her lungs.

“Chaerin?” She heard Dara’s voice saying. She lifted her face from her palms and looked at the door. She had locked it, but Dara was standing behind the door, knocking. “Chaerin, are you alright? I heard some screaming.” Chaerin hesitated, whether she should tell her that she was there or simply escape.

‘Use the window.’

“But I’m on an 8th floor.” She muttered. She felt her own hands shaking, and as if someone was touching her, she felt arms lifting her up. She felt those arms hugging her from behind, slowly turning her around until she saw the window. She could almost picture him hugging her, moving closer towards her ear.

‘There’s a ladder in there.’ He muttered again and she felt his arms pulling away. She took a deep breath and looked at herself on the mirror as she put on her cloths and grabbed her keys. Shaking her head she put a messy ponytail on her hair and put some boots she had on the bathroom and walked towards the window, opening it hastily. She looked outside, she was pretty high up, but as he had told her, there was a fire escape next to the window. She smiled unconsciously as she stepped out.

“Chaerin, if you don’t open this door I’m going to break in.” She heard Dara saying, but she ignored her, concentrating on her escapade. She jumped over the table, quite impressed on her balance, and put her head out. She sat on the ledge of the window, carefully holding onto the ladder. When she felt sure she was held tightly, she put her legs out until she was completely out of her apartment. With a smoothness she didn’t know where it came, she put her legs on the ladder and started to descend. She heard Dara opening the door, but to her luck, she was already out.

She descended quickly, silently praying for dear life as she felt the ferocious wind hitting her body. She should have brought a jacket, but time wasn’t on her side, so she decided to play the strong woman and continue descending until she reached the end of the ladder. She gulped as she noticed there was still a good 10 feet from the ladder to the floor, and she closed her eyes, slightly shaking.

‘You can do this.’ She heard Jiyong and let go, feeling the adrenaline running through her veins. She widened her eyes when she realized she had landed on her feet. A laughter escaping her lips as she did. She looked around, she was partially hidden behind a set of tall bushes that decorated the main entrance of her building. She dusted herself and came out of the bushes, bowing slightly at everyone who looked at her. She walked hastily out of the building and towards her car. She quickly unlocked it and got inside, starting the engine without any hesitation and driving off the place.

She drove back towards the park, where she had met Jiyong for the last two times, she was convinced she would talk to him, face him. Chaerin made it back in no time, parking her car close to the park. She fidgeted with her hands, looking around as she did. At her side she saw a black leathered jacket she always left on the car, she smiled as she put it on, feeling the warmness of it. A pair of sunglasses were hanging from the rear view mirror, and she grabbed them, putting them on and getting out of her car. She walked into the park, looking around as she did.

“Where are you?” She muttered as she reached a bench. She knew she must’ve look mental, muttering silent words and begging for someone to magically pop out of nowhere. But there was something certain in her determination, he hadn’t responded her mentally. She sat on the bench, looking around, still playing with her hands as she did. In the distance, close to the swings she saw a silhouette walking. She squinted her eyes and faintly recognized him. Without any second thoughts, she stood up and walked hastily towards him. As she gained distance, she could see him clearly. He was wearing the most unusual clothes, she thought. A red leathered jacket over a white shirt, a black bandana around his neck and light blue skinny jeans with black high boots. She noticed his head wore a black beanie. Her head slightly crooked as she realized their fashion looked alike, and her body shuddered by the thought.

“Jiyong.” She said as she got closer. He lifted his head, his eyes wide in curiosity, his mouth pouted and his cheeks slightly puffed. As he looked at her, he smiled, slightly nodding.

“Hello Miss Lee.” He said, his face a genuine smile. “Fancy meeting you here.” He walked towards her, his hands deep on his pockets. She nodded as she embraced herself, fighting the urges to hug him and kiss him.

“Can I talk to you for a second?” She said. Jiyong smiled and nodded, looking around. It was getting dark, the cold descending unto the city.

“Shall I invite you a coffee? It’s the least I can do for you, Miss Lee.” He said. Chaerin looked around, then at him and nodded.

“Yes, and please, just Chaerin.” She said. Jiyong smiled with a raised eyebrow and nodded, extending his arm towards her.

“As you please.” He said. She looked at his hand, so perfect, now decorated with rings and bracelets. She hesitated a bit, then took his hand. He smiled and kissed her, then walked her towards the coffee she had seen him for the first time, slowly letting go of her hand. She felt longing, yearning for him to touch her again, but she knew they were just strangers, but it was odd, the way he let go of her hand, slowly, agonizingly slowly she must say.

He crossed the street with her, not touching her after the hand. His hands deep on his pockets. She knew she ought to feel cold, but her body seemed to think otherwise as she felt her skin burning under her clothes. “I hope you don’t mind this place, I enjoy the cappuccino a lot in here.” He said. She smiled and shook her head, walking ahead as he signaled her, opening the door.

“I like it here, too.” She said. He smiled and nodded, walking towards the attendant. Chaerin stood at his side, looking around the place. She had been feeling like she was being followed, and she displeased the thought, the feeling.

“What would you like?” He asked her casually. She looked at him and smiled.

“Just a French Vanilla.” She said. Jiyong nodded and asked for their coffees, then led her towards one of the tables that were in the back of the place, where almost no one went, Chaerin knew. She used to spend her days here with Jonghyun, at that exact place. Jiyong pulled a chair for Chaerin to sit, then sat in front of her, smiling as he did.

“Did you wanted to talk?” He said. Chaerin nodded, now losing her self-confidence.

“Um, yes. I have no one else to go to.” She said. Jiyong frowned and crooked his head.

“I thought that guy was your best friend, why not go to him?” Jiyong said. Chaerin chuckled as she looked down, it was a humorless chuckled.

“He’s been,” She started saying. “Different, lately.” She finished as she intertwined her hands, controlling the shaking of them.

“Different? How different?” Jiyong said, resting one elbow on the table. She looked at him and shrugged.

“Or maybe I’m the one different. I can’t quite tell.” She said. Jiyong nodded as he looked at the menu, different pastries pictured on it.

“Well we can’t expect to be the same all along.” He said. She nodded as she looked at her hands again.

“Indeed, but it’s so confusing, sometimes.” She said. Jiyong smiled and nodded.

“Well, changes are hard to bear, I believe. And to top it all, you woman do have those mood swings.” He said. Chaerin chuckled again, this time, she felt the humor in her.

“Yeah, count that too.” She said. He chuckled, the attendant brought them their coffees, he nodded at the attendant as he grabbed his. Chaerin grabbed hers and took a quick sip, burning the tip of her tongue.

“Blow between your teeth, it helps.” He said as he set his cup down. She did as he said, her tongue feeling refreshed.

“It does helps.” She said with a smile. Jiyong nodded as he grabbed his cup and sipped it.

“About those changes, do you think they’re for good of for the worst?” He said. Chaerin shrugged as she looked at her coffee.

“I can’t quite say,” She said. “They freak me out.”

“Freak you out, such an interesting sentence.” He said as he smiled crookedly at her. “Why don’t you simply say they scare you, it’s the most normal thing to say, to changes I mean.” She looked at him with narrowed eyes.

“They terrify me.” She blurted out. Jiyong looked at her with a warm look, one completely understanding on her situation.

“It happens to us all.” He said. She nodded and grabbed her cup of coffee.

“Jiyong, how old are you? You certainly speak as someone who shall look much older than you look.” She said. Jiyong chuckled, setting his cup down.

“How old would you think I am?” He said. Chaerin shrugged.

“You look about 21, but you talk as if you were almost 70.” She said. Jiyong laughed as he rested his back on the chair.

“It’s my education, I was raised outside, in London. I’m only 26 years old, thanks for getting me younger.” He said. She smiled and nodded. “And how about you? You must be 23.” He said and she widened her eyes nodding.

“Yes, I am.” She said. Jiyong smirked as he nodded.

“I have that gift, to know people’s age.” He said. Chaerin smiled and nodded.

“An interesting gift.” Chaerin said. Jiyong nodded, now looking back at the menu.

“Would you like something to eat my dear? I certainly wish a few pastries myself.” Jiyong said. Chaerin crooked her head and nodded.

“Yes, just a cake.” She said. Jiyong shook his head as he stood up.

“Certainly not, I will treat you good.” He said and walked towards the attendant. She looked at him from a distance, her vision distorting, and she saw him again dressed on his 19th century clothes, then back at the too glamorous red jacket. She closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths, feeling her hands burning again. She looked at them, they were normal, but they felt as if they were burning with vivid fire. She looked back at Jiyong, he was walking back towards her with a smile plastered on his face.

“I order us some food, hope you don’t mind.” He said. Chaerin shook her head, remembering she hadn’t eaten properly since that morning, and her stomach seemed to remember it, since it growled furiously. Jiyong chuckled as he heard it. “Well, either you mind it or not, your stomach is screaming for food.”

“I’m quite hungry.” She said. Jiyong smiled and nodded.

“Then I’m glad, you need to eat properly.” He said. She nodded and looked back at her hands, silently praying for her nails to keep normal. She feared she would turn back into the fiery gleam she had turned in her bathroom.

“There’s something I really want to ask you.” She said. Jiyong seemed to look amused by her. She lifted her head and smiled at him.

“What is that?”

“Have you seen me before the first time you met me?”

 


Gily's Notes: CLIFFHANGER! Buaahahahaha!
Lol! Next chapter will be up tomorrow, I hope! 

WIsh me luck, tomorrow's my College Graduation! YAY!!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥