Nero, the Water God

Reincarnation

The wind blew strongly around her, the scars on her body aching as she let the wind clear her mind, sooth her soul. The grass was cold underneath her skin, the flowers blooming in happy colors, all smiling at her as she inhaled deeply, feeling the relaxation of the wind take over her. Her hands were extended, her palms open as she let go of the force within her. It was calming, letting go. All her life, she had endured, keeping everything inside, and now, letting it all out in the wind, felt good. She extended her neck as she made the wind blew harder, almost blowing away the trees. She smiled, the winds singing all different voices, a chorus of nature, of peace.

Chaerin.” She heard within the woods. Her head jerked up as she looked around, searching for the person who called her. She frowned as she saw nothing but trees and flowers and grass. “Come here, Chaerin.” The voice said again. It was a man, and by the tone of his voice, he was young. She stood up, feeling as if something within her was yearning to know who that man was.

“Who are you?”

“Come to me.” He said again. She walked into the woods, her bare feet expertly walking around the roots of the trees and the dead leaves scattered all around. She inhaled deeply as the wind stopped blowing ferociously, and only the nature wind was caressing her skin. She walked further into the woods, her hands slightly extended as she looked forwards, the wind blowing softly, and the messy bun she had been wearing slowly fell loose, and her hair flowed freely. In the distance, she could see a glistening river. Her heart fluttered as she saw the bluish reflection over the trees. It was magical, with blue flowers around it, birds chirping and the breeze caressing her skin and the trees.

She walked towards it, and the reflection of the clear water almost blinded her. The water was crystal clear, the blue reflected was the bottom of the river, shining brightly as the sun hit it. She saw crystal rocks underneath the water, and to her surprise, she noticed the rocks surrounded the river as well. The wind blew cold, refreshing her body, cleansing her soul and healing her body. She frowned, slightly touching her neck, where a painful scar was. She felt no pain, her numbness disappeared and every tensed muscle relaxed. She could hear Jonghyun’s voice at the back of her head, ‘Water heals,’ he had said. She smiled and walked into the water, not caring about her clothes or anything.

As she got in, she threw herself deeper, submerging into the clear waters. Her body felt energized, no pain was felt within her, no fatigue, nothing. She went to the surface as she threw her hair back, smiling as the water dripped from her face. She shook her head as she floated on the water, feeling the coldness of it on her skin. “Chaerin.” She heard the man again, his voice echoing through the waters, sending ripples until it reached her. She looked around, eyes narrowed as she tried to find anyone there.

“Who is there?” She called out. It was stupid, she thought, considering that in every movie, who ever asked who was there, got killed. The water rippled again, and she swam back, as the ripples got more and more violent. She was decided she would go out of the water when a figure emerged from water. She held back a shriek as she saw it, moving slowly as the water fell down, and the figure of a man appeared. He was made of water, and every time he moved, ripples would go around his body.

“Chaerin, blessed sister of all.” He said as he moved towards her. She gulped and swam a bit farther away. “Do not fear me, for I am Nero, God of the Waters.”

“N-Nero?” She said as she gulped, the water dripping from her face, her hair floating on water, touching her arms. The water figure nodded, extending a hand.

“As my brethren, I’ve come to bestow my powers onto you, to give you my blessings and the power of healing.” He said. She blinked and nodded shyly. It was the first time she had seen the gods in person. Of course she had seen Jin, the goddess of Wind, but she had come to her in dreams, not in physical form. “Savior of all, blessed be.” He said as he went back into the water with a splash, splashing water on Chaerin’s face. She cleaned her eyes, and just then, a burning sensation got the best of her. She shrieked as she thought it would be a Charlie horse, but it wasn’t.

She closed her eyes as the pain got the best of her, her veins inflating, and she could feel liquid running through her. Slowly, her body submerged back into water, and she opened her eyes, the water rippling all around her as she fell into a state of calmness, of peace. It was true water had healing powers, and now, feeling the water in her veins, she felt calm, the pain long gone as she floated underneath the water, breathing normally.

“He has called her.” Dara said as she looked outside the window. Jiyong was still unstable, still resting on his bed, his hands on his sides as he looked at Dara. She turned around and looked at him with a bright expression. “Did you feel it?” Jiyong slowly shook his head.

“No.” He said. She frowned and went over him, grabbing his hand as she sat on bed next to him.

“Stop blaming yourself, Jiyong.” She said as she kissed his hand. “It is not your fault.”

“But it is, all of this.” He said, looking at her with sad, tired eyes. She shook her head, and Jiyong tried to smile, but he was too tired, too burdened to even do that small gesture.

“No, it would have happened anyways, with or without your fault, you must understand that.” She said. He remembered her face and his eyes ached, a burning sensation at the rim of them turning watery.

“Only the Gods know I didn’t meant any of this.” He said as tears fell from his eyes. Dara shook her head and hugged him. He hugged her back, hugged her tight.

“Not only the Gods Jiyong, all of us know you didn’t mean for this to happen.” She said. He nodded and pulled away. He looked down, and as if being re-energized, his nails turned blue. Dara crooked her head and frowned. “Nero?” She said as she touched his hands. He looked at the mirror at the foot of the bed. His hair was blue, his eyes too.

“I can feel full strength of his powers.” Jiyong said as he looked at his hands.

“I can see that.” Dara said. “I told you he called her.” She chirped as she walked towards the window. It was so fast it took Jiyong a moment to process, if he had been normal, he would’ve freak out. “She’s coming.” Jiyong stood up slowly, walking slowly until he reached the window. He saw in the distance a blue haired woman walking towards the house. He smiled unconsciously as he looked at her.

“Nero’s power was bestowed on her, and I regained my full power over it.” He said as he looked at his hands, his nails blue. “But I do wonder, why do we males have to change the nail colors?” He frowned. Dara laughed as she grabbed his hand and intertwined her fingers with him. He noticed hers had turned green.

“Gods don’t care, it’s their little joke to us.” She said with humor on her tone. Jiyong nodded and looked back at Chaerin, she was closer now, her hands extended as she walked. He noticed she was wet, her blue hair dripping water as she got back to the cottage. He walked out of the window and to the door, when Dara stopped him. He turned around, his face perplexed.

“What?” He asked, confusion raising towards him like fire. She shrugged and let go.

“You sure you want to let her see you like that?” She said. He looked to the side, then at her and shrugged.

“She must start to know the true me.” He said. Dara shook her head and pushed him towards the vanity. He looked at himself, blue hair, blue eyes and blue eyebrows. It was a normal sight, for him, for them.

“Control it, you’re out of control.” Dara said. Jiyong frowned and closed his eyes, taking deep breaths. His mind was filled with images of Joselyn, her beautiful face distorting in front of him, merging with Chaerin. It was odd, them both being the same, yet so different.

With a growl he threw everything on the vanity to the floor. Dara jumped back, gasping at Jiyong’s sudden burst of rage. He hissed as he saw himself on the mirror again, red hair and red eyes. Fire always showed the anger within. It was hilarious how elements controlled one’s life so easily. He screamed and punched the mirror. It sent sparks of fire all around the room, and he walked back, chuckling as he threw himself on bed, slowly igniting it. “This is my control.” He muttered. Dara put a hand forward, water running through her palm and into the bed, soaking Jiyong on it.

“You’re out of control, you know what happens when we get out of control.” She hissed, her eyes a deep blue, her hair alike. Jiyong chuckled and threw his body back and lifted one hand. It was sparkling with fire. He felt himself being blurred out of the world as the sparks left his hand and hit the ceiling. Dara screamed in anger as she moved a hand up, but the door slapped open, and a silhouetted entered the room. Jiyong snapped up, looking at her with narrow eyes. He couldn’t loath her, he couldn’t quite be angry at her, yet he was, her mere presence sent anger through him.

“What are you doing here?” He hissed as he saw her, her blue hair flowing, yet there was no wind, no water. Her skin was glowing eerily, in blue shades, yet there was no strong light in the room. She crooked her head, her eyes blue as her hair, disoriented, as in a trance, and it was then when Jiyong understood, she wasn’t to be blame at all. She extended a hand, her head still crooked, and from her hands came a tide, as big as the room, covering everything Jiyong had set on fire. He covered his face as the water pushed him towards the wall. It was a small Tsunami on his room, and both Dara and Jiyong were floating, until the water retreated, and they both fell on the floor, panting, coughing and spitting out water.

“You need to cool yourself, Traven Salvatore, for your powers are way to heavenly for Evil to take upon them.” She said, but her voice echoed someone else’s. The God of Water. Jiyong shook his head as he coughed out more water, slowly standing up. Dara, at his side, was pulling her loose hair back, coughing out as well.

“Forgive me.” Jiyong muttered. Chaerin looked down, losing balance as her hair slowly turned brown. Brown, Jiyong frowned as he fought back tears. She held onto the soaked vanity, her eyes turning back to dark brown, her skin had stopped glowing, she was back to normal. “Please forgive me.” He muttered again, running his fingers through his wet hair. Dara stood up, looking around, her eyes wide.

“W-What happened here?” Chaerin asked as she looked around as well. Jiyong straightened up, looking at her with narrowed eyes.

“Cast a Tsunami and have no memories of it?” He said and walked past her, pushing the door open and walking out.

Chaerin frowned and looked at Dara, who was still looking around wide-eyed, look at Chaerin and let out a sigh. “Come dear, let’s have some Tea.” She said and grabbed Chaerin’s shoulders, leading her outside. She took another glance at the room, her eyes turning red as she lifted the temperature of the room. Chaerin looked with astonishment as everything in the room got dry. From the clothes scattered around the floor to the bed sheets. Chaerin almost dropped , when Dara started moving her hands, and everything in the room started moving, getting in place.

“H-How the hell did you do that?” Chaerin asked. Dara shrugged and smile.

“Gaia is earth, earth is matter, everything we see is matter, and since we have the blessings of Gaia, we can control earth, and matter.” Dara explained. Chaerin nodded. “You have now the blessing of Nero, now you can heal.” Dara extended her hand. It was bleeding. Chaerin widened her eyes and took a step back.

“I-I can’t do it.” Chaerin said. Dara nodded and grabbed Chaerin’s wrist, pulling her closer.

“Take it as part of your training. Heal me.” She said and put Chaerin’s hand over hers. Chaerin gulped, looking at the blood oozing out of Dara’s hand.

“What do I do?” Chaerin asked. Dara smiled and caressed the top of Chaerin’s hand.

“Think about healing, about this wound disappearing. Try and concentrate your power on your hands. Heal me.” She said. Chaerin nodded and looked at the hand. She imagined it sane, as if nothing was there. Slowly but steadily, she felt the liquid moving through her body as she grabbed Dara’s hand, feeling her own hands cool and refreshed. Chaerin closed her eyes as she imagined her hand as good as new, and just then, an explosion of coolness emanated from her hands, and as if her fingers had turned liquid, she saw with her inner eye how her hands illuminated, and Dara’s hand slowly healed.

“It wasn’t that hard, was it?” Dara said. Chaerin let out a sigh and opened her eyes, looking at the hand perplexed. It was as if it never was wounded, and she let out a chuckled in astonishment.

“It wasn’t.” She said out of breath.

“Come on now, we still have too much to do.” She said and walked into the hallway. Chaerin let out a sigh and nodded, walking into the hallway after Dara.

The living room was deserted, there was no one there. Chaerin let out a breath as she looked at the portrait behind the sofa. An image of her and Jiyong, there was no other explanation for it. She looked at it with furrowed eyebrows, and for a split of a second, she could see Jiyong’s expression changing. A small frown on his eyebrows, and just when she blinked, it disappeared. She gasped as she took a step back, her back touching the sofa.

“Interesting, right?” She heard Jiyong speaking. Chaerin slowly turned around and looked at him with wide eyes.

“It moved.” She said. Jiyong smiled and walked towards the portrait. She noticed his hair had a few strands of red, his eyes glimmered with blaze.

“It moved, yes.” He said. Chaerin frowned.

“I saw it moving.”

“Oh yes, it must have moved. It does that.” He said as he touched the foot of the portrait. As he did, she saw her own face smiling, the hair moving. She wanted to scream, to run, but something inside her gave her the courage to stay, to look and stay. Fire gives courage, Fire gives vision. Chaerin shook her head slightly as the little voice talked to her.

“Why?” She asked with a broken voice. Jiyong smirked and caressed the portrait one more time before turning to her.

“Because I made it like that.” He said. Chaerin raised an eyebrow. “I have lied to you, I think it’s time you know the truth.” 

 


Gily's Notes: HELLO!!!

Uhh, Another another another!! Writting next chapter so I gotta go go gooo!!!

Love ya'll!

Happy Reading ~

Gily ♥