4. DANGER: FIRE

Prestige: Demon Apocolypse (EXO)

(no chapter cover yet)

PRESTIGE: Exo Civil Resistance Force

CHAPTER 4 - DANGER

[co-author: plaincanvas]

"He's still down there!" "It's way too hot to go down there!" "Leader!.."

 

 

 

 


 

Xiumin’s arm smacked Luhan’s head, awakening him.

 

“Xiuxiu!” Luhan whined.

 

The noise had woke up the group.

 

However, Xiumin was still deep asleep. Jong Dae adjusted his jacket on his fanny pack and fell back asleep. Jongin coughed from choking his own spit and stretched out

his arms. Tao fell from laying on the wall and blinked repeatedly. Yixing was already up, playing with the weapons. Or, studying them. Kyung Soo was still sleeping

comfortably like a baby, on the sofa.

 

“You all sure do wake up late.” Yixing blurted.

 

Jongin flinched from Yixing’s words and stood up from the side of the couch.

 

“You were awake!?”

 

“Does it look like I’m not?”

 

“For how long?!”

 

Yixing checked his watch. “Seems like it’s been exactly… 2 hours 42 minutes and 39 seconds.”

 

“YOU DIDN’T wake us UP? For three HOURS?” Jongin charged towards Yixing and grabbed his collars.

 

“You guys should know how to wake up yourselves.” Yixing shoved Jongin off of him.

 

Tao woke up after his neck snapped from a terrible sleeping position. Luhan tried to open his eyes from the loud argument between Jongin and Yixing.

 

“Stop acting so hardheaded! What have I told you? I said that we need to start working from early in the morning!”

 

“I never acted upon anything.” Yixing sighed.

 

Tao glared at Yixing. “We’re supposed to work as a team. Why are you so independent?”

 

Yixing laughed. “Stop acting so oblivious. Sneaky bastard.”

 

Tao was taken aback from Yixing’s words. He stood up and charged towards Yixing just like Jongin did. “What did you say, !?”

 

“You’re not slick.” Yixing talks back.

 

Tao punches Yixing near his jaw. “Say that again!”

 

Jongin pulls Tao off of Yixing. “Quit it!”

 

Yixing laughs again. “I saw you steal some weapons when everyone was asleep.”

 

Everyone gasped, except the ones that were asleep.

 

Steal!? Do you have evidence?”

 

Yixing rolled his eyes.

 

“I said. DO YOU HAVE EVIDENCE PRIOR TO YOUR WORDS!?” Tao yelled so loud that even spit came out.

 

“Take off your pants and reveal the knife that was banded to your ankle.”

 

Tao released three punches in a row. Jongin tried to stop him but it was no help. Tao was furious.

Yixing fell to the floor and spit out blood, while laugh uncontrollably.

 

“STOP IT! ALL OF THIS!” Jongin screamed while pulling his hair with his fists.

 

Jong Dae examined Tao’s ankle and saw that it bulged out. He could see a weapon was hidden.

Jongin took off his shirt and wiped the blood off of Yixing’s mouth. Luhan was too shocked from what happened, he felt paralyzed. Tao looked at Xiumin and saw that he was still sleeping, from all this noise. He walked over to him and kicked his head, causing Xiumin to fall on the floor. Xiumin stretched out his arms and smiled.

 

“Good morning guys~” he said, still with his eyes closed.

 

Tao raised an eyebrow. “You’re a weird kid, do you know that?”

 

“What were you doing at that time, when Tao was awake?” Jongin felt like Yixing was suspicious as well.

 

Yixing spit out more blood. “I don’t get a lot of sleep. I sleep late and wake up early. It’s been like that ever since I was young.”

 

“Are you sure?” Jongin questions.

 

“When am I not sure?” Yixing glares at Jongin. Jongin clears his throat.

 

Tao was watching them converse. He wanted to kill Yixing. Secretly. However, he’s never killed a person in his life.

 

Luhan hugged Xiumin. “Xiuxiu. I’m scared.” he pouted.

 

Xiumin hugged tighter. “It’s okay, Lulu. Xiumy is here for you.”

 

Tao watched them hug and winced. He thought they were gay.

 

Jong Dae was squinting at Tao until he noticed. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

“Pull up your jeans.” Jong Dae demanded.

 

Jongin widened his eyes and snapped at Jong Dae. “Enough!”

 

“Is it wrong to lift up your jeans? I can do it too.” He said while lifting up his jeans, revealing his milky skin.

 

Tao scoffed.

 

Jongin slapped Jong Dae’s face. “No more suspicions alright!? We are one as a team. We have to TRUST each other.”

 

Jong Dae rolled his eyes. “That trust will soon kill us.”

 

Tao was ready to punch Jong Dae. Possibly in the nuts.

 

“We don’t need to fight here. Alright!? We’re already going through a crisis.” Jongin slammed the floor with a knife that he grabbed from the table.

 

“Leader…” Kyung Soo was feeble. His voice cracks. “What’s--- our agenda?” He coughed in between.

 

Jongin rushed over to Kyung Soo. “Don’t speak!”

 

Kyung Soo raised an eyebrow.

 

“You’re going to be in more pain if you speak, I mean.” Jongin corrected.

 

“We need a better place than this piece of .” Tao spoke with attitude.

 

“Hey! This place is good enough. Let’s see you find a nice place!” Jong Dae snapped.

 

“I told you guys before. Finding shelter is ez-pz for me.”

 

“Go find one then!” Jong Dae argued.

 

Jongin placed his hand on Jong Dae’s shoulder and shook his head. “Stop.” Then he looked at Tao, “I’m sorry if this place doesn’t satisfy you. We can try finding another

area.”

 

“Leader!” Jong Dae was taken aback.

 

“He’s right. This place doesn’t do any justice.” Jongin sighed.

 

“This place is scary, leader!” Xiumin whined. Luhan pouted while nodding.

 

“There’s seven of us.” Jongin said while counting heads. He exhaled. “We need somewhere where there will be food, light, and beds.”

 

“A house!” Luhan hit up.

 

“That’s right. However, they’re dangerous as well. Demons have a way of attacking us easier.”

 

“That’s why you need me.” Yixing coughed.

 

Tao squinted at Yixing.

 

“I can protect you guys, like you requested.” he continued.

 

“That sounds fair. Though, you can’t do that on your own. One healer for six people. That’s a risk we’re talking about here.”

 

“How about Tao works with that blonde guy?” Luhan suggested.

 

Tao gave a death glare at Luhan.

 

“Tao. As much as you despise… uh.” Jongin did not know Yixing’s name.

 

“Yixing. Or Lay.” Yixing informed.

 

“Ah. Lay. As much as you despise Lay, we are still one team.” Jongin looked at Tao.

 

Tao sighed. “Fine.” He gave in.

 

“Tao gets no weapons.” Yixing declared.

 

“Hey!” Tao snapped at Yixing.

 

“No. It won’t work that way. He needs them.” Jongin says.

 

Yixing pouted.

 

Jongin claps. “Let’s get going now!”

 

 

 

Everyone gets prepared to leave for their new task.

 

“Tao. Carry D.O on your..” Jongin was lost at words.

 

“His horse body!” Xiumin laughed.

 

Tao squinted at Xiumin. Then nodded at Jongin.

 

Jongin grabbed Kyung Soo. “He can carry you on his back.”

 

Kyung Soo nodded while smiling at the news.

 

“Hey potato chips!” Xiumin laughed.

 

Yixing looked at Xiumin. Xiumin grins.

 

Tao closed his eyes and put his palms together, concentrating. He bends at a 46 degree angle and his lower horse body begins to form within a minute.

 

“What the ?” Kyung Soo raises an eyebrow.

 

Tao death glares at Kyung Soo.

 

Jongin laughs. “He was born that way. Get on him.” Jongin helps Kyung Soo onto Tao.

 

Luhan gasps. “That is so awesome.. Horseman..”

 

Xiumin laughs. “I call him that too!!” they both give each other a high-five.

 

Tao scoffs. “You both!”

 

Jongin smiles.

 

“Now, everyone grab a weapon.” Jongin takes the weapons from Jong Dae as he hands it to him, and Jongin lays them on the table.

 

Yixing quickly grabs the handgun.

Everyone looks at him.

 

“Did I kill someone?” he didn’t like how everyone stared at him.

 

Jongin, Jong Dae, and Tao clears their throat.

Jongin grabs a handgun as well. Xiumin and Luhan grabs the extendable blades.

 

“The rest of the weapons will go in this bag.” He pulls out a huge duffel bag under the couch flap.

 

“How will we carry that?” Xiumin asks.

 

“You carry it.” Jongin orders.

 

“Me and Luhan will take turns.” Xiumin smiles while grabbing the heavy duffel bag.

 

He gasps when the weight of the bag drags him down.

 

“Are we all ready to leave? We’re not coming back here.” Jongin declares.

 

Everyone nods.

Tao points at the lighter next to where he slept. “Aren’t we burning down this area?”

 

“Good idea.” Jongin grabs the lighter.

 

“There’s oil there.” Jong Dae points at a gallon of gasoline.

 

Luhan pouts. “I’m going to miss this place.” Xiumin nods. “Me too.”

 

Everyone is walking up the stairs while Jongin is down there spreading out the gasoline.

 

“Go up first guys, I’ll be up!” He announces.

 

Everyone rushes up the flight of stairs.

 

Luhan and Xiumin hugs each other. “Why isn’t leader coming out yet!?”

 

Tao squints down at the flight of stairs. Jong Dae rubs his chin. Kyung Soo bites his nails. Yixing rubs the nape of his neck.

 

Jongin screams from under. “AHHHHH!”

 

Everyone looks down. They see fire. Jongin was still down there.

 


 

a.n: Is this considered a cliff hanger? :O stay tuned ^^ - plaincanvas & insanous (authors)