Don't let go [Taoris]

EXO Drabbles

Sweat is trickling down between his shoulder blades,

he can barely breathe, the light is blinding him.

His eyes are closed as he bows and listens to the cheers of the crowd. All the hard work has paid off for this sole moment.

He feels how someone next to him takes his hand, he doesn’t need to look up to know it is him.

They bow together, their hands holding tightly onto each other.

His hand is a warm and safe place that he never wants to leave, but he can’t hold onto him much longer; it would look weird… wouldn’t it?

So he quickly loosens his hand, but to his surprise he feels how the other instead quickly tightens his hand around his.

Don’t let go…

It is a mute plea and he is relieved that it is not only him who doesn’t want to let go.

They get up from the bow and still don’t look at each other, but when he loosens his hand hesitatingly, he can feel how the other still doesn’t want to let go.

He can feel how his hand follows him, reaches out for him again.

Don’t let go…

-

And now I wish I’d never let go of your hand.

Now I am the one who’s reaching out for your hand, but you have already pulled back yours.

 

 

inspired by this wonderful gif

please note that I don't own this gif, it is not mine.
credit to the rightful owner