Waiting [Taoris]

EXO Drabbles

I haven’t slept in a while, because everytime I close my eyes, all I see is you.

I feel the soft touch of your lips, your fingertips over my skin.

And then I open my eyes… but you are not here.

There are only my own fingers resting on my empty lips.

How can it feel like you just left the room a second ago?

Your scent is still here, slowly fading away. Somewhere I feel like I can hear the door closing behind you.

You didn’t say where you’d go, you never did.

 

But still the sun is shining into my room like always, the days pass and eventually my short hair grows back.

My lips are still empty and my heart, my heart is still listening to a door closing, my heart still remembers your scent, your touch and your kiss.

But you know, some day, I will sleep again and not dream of you anymore…

I won’t hear how you left, your scent is only a memory slipping through my fingers like sand and the only thing that warms my lips is the sun.

And one day, it will be okay.

Maybe because there will be another face that fills my thoughts.

Or maybe because I hear a door opening, a familiar scent fills the room, my lips touch yours and your fingers apologize to my cold skin.

And when I open my eyes, you are there.