Goodbye Kim

My Sweetheart Is A Gold Digger ♥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “I’m not expecting to see you here.” There’s no other person in the house except Kim who came to break her reverie. The tom caught her to be there; by the pool when they already said their good night about thirty minutes ago.

 

            “What are you doing? Don’t you know that you might catch a cold for staying too long here?” The tom spoke again before Pie could feel the letter settled down next to her.

 

            “I thought you have gone to bed.” Pie said without removing her gaze from the still water. The good lighting made the water looked so blue yet so refreshing.

 

            “I am about to but I need to see you.” Kim replied.

 

Pie slowly turned her sight to the tom; seemed indifferent but her expression was full of wonder. “What can I help?” The girl asked.

 

            “No.” Kim shook her head. “I don’t need your help.” The tom said. “I’m just going to show you this.” Pie saw Kim took out a piece of paper from her back.

 

Kim beckoned her to take the paper and she did. After a brief second of observing, Pie finally realized it was a bank statement about all payment she ought to receive from the tom.

 

            “A month had passed.” Kim told her. “As it has been dealt, you have those entire amounts in your account.”

 

            “A month.” Pie found herself repeating the count. She didn’t aware that much of how many days had passed. She had stop counting that even the counting board was left untouched.

 

            “Tomorrow would be the first day of the second month we live together.” Kim said. Pie locked her eyes to the tom, waiting patiently for the next words. “Thank you for staying.” The tom smiled.

 

            “I should thank you too.” Pie returned the smile. “Thank you for your patience and endurance to all my stubbornness.” The girl laughed upon her say.

 

            “What are you going to do with that sum of money?” Kim asked her out of sudden.

 

Pie went silent. Why she didn’t think about it since the first day they made the deal? To tell the truth, she has not yet decided about the fate of the large amount reward. “I don’t know.” The girl shrugged innocently. “One thing that I am so certain, I’ll use it to support my sister until she graduated.” She told the tom.

 

            “Come on Pie.” The girl heard the tom hissed. “You are going to spend it until it is gone. You need to do something with it.” Kim said.

 

            “What?” Pie asked, bewildered.

 

            “You can invest it or start your own business. The amount will grow and you will have an ample support for the rest of your life.” Kim suggested.

 

Pie shot the tom a look and then she pouted with sour expression written all over her face. Kim stared to the girl in confusion. What did she do wrong?

 

            “Kim, I’m not even finished my school. How do you expect me to be that brilliant and have a wise thought like yours?” Pie scowled. “I am not well educated as you. How do you expect me to handle a business or invest it over something? I know nothing.” The girl added. Only then, Kim remembered about Pie’s background. The first time she met the girl, all she thought; Pie was telling everybody a lie. However, it was the real truth.

 

            “Okay. I’m sorry.” Kim giggled. “You know Pie? It is never too late to learn. I’ll help you.” Again, Pie knew it was a sincere will.

 

            “Believe me; I can help you.” Kim assured it. If she was going to flash back all the things that Kim has ever said to her, this ‘BELIEVE’ thing made her sick. ‘BELIEVE’ was sort of magical word which can give you strength and weakened you at the same time. ‘BELIEVE’ is the hope that can take you to the farthest point which you thought you could never reach likewise ‘BELIEVE’ would cost you a price of the risk of being betrayed.

 

            “Don’t you get tired of making me believe in you?” Pie spoke up. The smile on Kim’s face gradually subsided.

 

            “Perhaps you should ask yourself; why it is so hard for you to believe in me.” Kim heaved a deep sigh.

 

            “Kim, why did you being so kind to me?” Pie queried again, ignoring the question that Kim threw to her. “You know this unrequited feeling won’t go anywhere. You’re hoping too much and I’m definitely can’t return you the same thing you did to me.” There, they started talking about the matter again.

 

            “Why it bothers you that much if you already told me it is an unrequited feeling?” Kim recoiled, not in the tone to hurt the girl but with her calm manner.

 

            “Because I don’t want you to get hurt.” Pie told the tom.

 

            “Obviously, you still care for me even though you don’t show it in the most compassionate ways.” Kim proceeded, sending Pie to her blunt end. “I know deep inside your heart, you are denying every hope that we have. You’re burdening yourself with all your lies.”

 

            “Pie, look at me.” The tom gently drew the girl closer, tipped her chin and made the letter to look at her.

 

            “You deserved to be loved and you have to let your heart to love again.” Kim told the girl. They held their gaze to each other for a brief moment before Kim saw Pie’s brows knitted into a frown.

 

“What are you talking about?” Just like the tom had pried into her very personal matter, Pie dodged away from Kim; infuriate with the say.

 

“I think I know why you refuse to believe in LOVE.” Kim said, inviting a thousand thoughts to Pie. “We can paint a new future and just let the painful past buried deep inside your memory.” Kim continued and it was no doubt to Pie that the tom did have knowledge upon her personal life.

 

“You have no idea of what you’re talking about Kim.” Pie scoffed. In the mean time, she was trying to recall any conversation of theirs in the past. Did she ever open up anything to the tom previously. She was sure that she had not shared any of them with Kim yet.

 

“I know your mother was killed by the man she loved the most.” The statement slid so clearly to Pie’s hearing, snapping her from her deep thought.

 

“Who tell you that?” Pie was definitely indignant when she purposely grabbed Kim on the neck. Mrs.Jittaleela’s face floated up to her view as the woman was the only person who knew her bleeding secret.

 

“I am your fiancée. I should have known everything about you.” Kim barely said when Pie’s grip was getting tighter. The girl had an unusual strength upon knowing her long kept secret has been divulged to someone else. Pie was terribly mad that her patient seemed to reach its highest limit.

 

“Who tell you that?” Pie asked again, getting more irritated with the tom.

 

“It’s your sister. Hongyok told me.” Kim said and just like Pie had been struck by the most tremendous shock, she released her hand from Kim helplessly. Pie went weak and Kim by action, quickly get the girl in her arms. The tom looked at the girl’s face; tears were beginning to run down her cheeks. Pie wept silently and it became more obvious when her tiny form trembled in sadness.

 

Kim could feel that the sorrow was too much to bear. She brought her hand to the girl’s hair, letting Pie to soak in her emotion completely. Another careless word might hurt the girl more even yet another say might lead to the worst misunderstanding.

 

            “I hate it when suddenly the old tragedy comes to haunt me like it was just happened yesterday. You have no idea how does it feel; seeing your beloved mother was being killed by your father; the man you trusted the most.” Pie sobbed bitterly. Kim let the girl to talk; talked her heart out. It was the best relief for the girl right now. Pie has been keeping the painful tale for a long time that no one has ever really knew the truest truth; even Hongyok couldn’t recall the memory that much because the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter