Prologue

Red Riding Hood

 C h a p t e r   -  

 
 
 

It was a need for his body to orientated itself back to the fox frequently, but not staying in the form long enough to let the beast override the human. Baekhyun left the door slightly ajar before removing his clothes then the cloak. He fell onto all fours, teeth grinding against each other as his skin rippled and organs shifted. His sharpened nails scrapped the floor, an inhumane moan cutting through the deafening silence. Then came the point where the windpipe squeezed itself to accommodate to the size of the host and he chokes. His body made a sharp jerk to the right as the sudden growth of hair turned into fur; moving sockets fitted into the right place; elongating of jaws stopped; the change complete. 

Baekhyun lifted himself up and meandered towards the door. Using the tip of his nose to prop the door open and fit through, he caught a whiff of food. His ears stood upright, head high, tails ready to direct its owner. Food had always meant good news in such cold weather with all the fluffy white snow around. But not when he caught whiff of the food with blood. 

Which meant that there's a animal killed. That there's presence of human. That there's a threat. And that whoever is there is dumb enough to think that Baekhyun would fall for the food surrounded by a trap. He ventured into that direction anyway. Most humans run away once they saw the nine tails swaying behind him, warnings from the old folklore ringing in their heads. 

Another scent drifted towards him before he stopped right in his track.

Werewolf.

'Werewolves,' he heard his Mother echoed, 'are a product of our species after the genetic modification to become a stronger and wilder beast by the brainless humans. So that they themselves can become one of such creature.'

They came after them- the kitsunes- but were physically stronger than them regardless. To put up a fight with them, you would have less than a 50-50 chance of winning based on that. Although even more in this situation when the werewolf is newly turned. 

But stronger does not mean that they have powers like the foxes have. Which is exactly why the werewolf is the on walking into a trap.

His trap.

*  *  *

A hand held the meat up while the other stayed by Chanyeol's side, assault rifle in arm. A slim form emerged from the pine forest as the wind attempted a soft howl. The fox moved towards Chanyeol, each strike being increasingly urgent.

Raising the rifle with the idea of winning, he pulled the trigger, forcing the five bullet out in all directions. Another reason why he could reach his goal was because of the rifle in his hands- it is able to shoot out five bullets at once in all directions​, there was no way in escaping it; Chanyeol definitely did strongly believed that human form wins over being on all fours. 

A mistake. Baekhyun thought, head shaking slightly at the tall male's move.

Mentally calculating the distance, Baekhyun gathered his energy on his hind legs, crouching down for half a heartbeat before pushing himself forward. Faster than a human. And more important, faster than the bullets which had only mildly grazed the epidermis of his skin.

Pushing himself forward one last time, Baekhyun launched himself into the air, jaws going straight for the werewolf's neck. Chanyeol thought, for a second, that he fainted as he plunged into what seemed to be eternal darkness; nothing above, nothing to the sides. He took a tentative step forward, trying to feel the ground, or at least what he is standing on. He bent down to tap the space beside his feet only to feel his hands pass through thin air. He shifted his feet again. Still standing. Good.

Chanyeol squatted down to test his theory. His arm passed right through thin air when he dropped it below his feet level. If Chanyeol was not wrong, this is the Eternal Prison. One of the powers of a kitsune: illusion. Rule number 1 of it- never never fall because then, you would be falling into an endless hole, which meant the eternity of falling and losing possibilities of ever getting out. "But isn't it supposed to be a rumor?" He thought out loud then cringed and chuckled bitterly at his own words. "Aren't werewolves too?"

He took one look around his surrounding, for the first time noticing the soft patting of water against water. 

A waterfall, Chanyeol observed as he followed the direction of the sound. He had heard of the Eternal Prison being ever black but who knows? There might be a flaw in this. His quickened pace became thicker with desperation as seconds ticked by. The sound of waterfall continued, surrounding them. Chanyeol was at a lost, unable to trace the source of water for what felt like a day.

He had to go back. But with the anxiousness shaking his limbs he wasn't even sure if he could move.

He had to get back to the fox. To get back to life. To get back to his family.

Stop! He commanded himself. I have to get out of there.

"Get out." He spun and looked around upon hearing his voice echoing through the space around him. It felt like there was something sharp inside his forehead, poking around with the nerves and blood vessels. The heel of his palms instinctively went up to support his head currently under a migraine attack, mind struggling to fight the nonexistent barrier before him pounding furiously and screaming with all his might as the headache filtrated through the whole of his head, the thing inside his head screwing with more than a few parts now he shuddered and fell. His eyes snapped open, mind still thinking of the possibility of falling through that empty air, eternally. 

The first thing he saw was the patch of forest before him, then realized that he was looking through a window. Following that was the notice of the warmer room temperature, the coziness.

Then his hands, tied.

 

 
 
 
 


 
 

author's notes: 'Ello~ first time writing so... FEEDBACK & COMMENT!! Lol. I just needa know if the story is fine or not. DON'T BE A SILENT READER~ PLWEASE. TY~